Love For My Fighter Brothers & Sisters - Page 16 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > General Streetfighter Discussion

General Streetfighter Discussion Discussions about streetfighter riding.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Love For My Fighter Brothers & Sisters

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-23-2019, 04:43 PM   #151
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Smoker's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:39 PM
Flip Offs: 34
Flipped Off 13 Times in 12 Posts
Smoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on here
Default Re: Love For My Fighter Brothers & Sisters

[Yesterday 09:10 AM] tldave: how the fuck are you still alive?

Death doesn't want to fuck with me, Dave.

Notice there's no smiley icon.
Smoker is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Smoker!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-05-2019, 11:12 AM   #152
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Smoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on here

Quote:
Originally Posted by tldave View Post
The fact that you might not qualify for disability is comical.
I read that MetLife denies about 80% of disability claims.

Took a lot of work, but did it on my own. Claim accepted.

It's not a 370-type windfall, just a monthly disability check- but it's enough to keep me alive and building bikes.

I've been holding back a bit on the bikes. Now, full steam ahead. Smoker style.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-05-2019, 12:36 PM   #153
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:39 PM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

It's nice when the system works for people that actually deserve it. Good stuff, man.
shinyribs is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived shinyribs!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-05-2019, 01:51 PM   #154
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyribs View Post
It's nice when the system works for people that actually deserve it. Good stuff, man.
Thanks.

In this case, the system was me giving up money from my paycheck every 2 weeks for 14 years. Probably had over 100 bike crashes by the time I signed on with Kaiser. I thought long term disability insurance would be a good bet.

Now, I'm required by MetLife to apply for SSDI. And we'll find out about the system. I've heard that it's very difficult, and I'm getting solicited by vendors and attorneys offering help for cash. Fucking vultures. If SSDI is approved, I think it's about 10% more money for building bikes.
This user High Fived Smoker!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-27-2019, 05:21 AM   #155
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Not sure how much you guys really want to know.

I'd like to keep things as positive as I can.

Will let you know if I have another surgery, since it would affect building bikes.

Heard JT live on Sirius this morning singing "Fire and Rain".

Lost the whole day and night learning to play it on guitar. Didn't take long to learn, but then I played it, like 100 times.

Won't you look down upon on me Jesus and help me make a stand
You've just got to see me through another day
My body's aching and my time is at hand
And I won't make it any other way

I've seen fire and I've seen rain
I've seen sunny days that I thought would never end
I've seen lonely times when I could not find a friend
But I always thought that I'd see you again

Peace. Not dead yet, bitches.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-27-2019, 06:02 AM   #156
Mattson
Stressed Member
Mattson's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:39 AM
Flip Offs: 25
Flipped Off 33 Times in 21 Posts
Mattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

I for one want to know as much as you feel comfortable sharing. Even though there isn't much we can actually do (or if there is just say it) please remember we're here with you.

Bashan BS200-S7 '07 Street Quad
Mattson is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Mattson!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-27-2019, 06:20 PM   #157
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

Matti pretty much spoke my mind.

And that's a helluva song, man. I can hear it looking at the words and it's giving me the usual chillbumps.
shinyribs is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived shinyribs!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-29-2019, 02:13 AM   #158
RatFighter
UnicycleMode

RatFighter's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:39 PM
Flip Offs: 190
Flipped Off 111 Times in 48 Posts
RatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

^^Same as the guys.

I think about you often as I'm in the shop grinding away at the usual nuts and bolts... "Wonder if Smoker is doing okay? He's on a rough road and I wish there was something that the CF crew could do to help... although it's in the hands of that cruel, twisted thing called fate....".

I hold my boy (8 months now!) and I imagine my end isn't terribly far off since we are all pretty much a flash in the pan and I've burned the wick at both ends, and I wonder if I would be strong enough to face it the way you are. Knowing you've gotta take the reapers hand and walk through that door is enough, knowing it's soon is too much for most. I guess I'll be on the fence about it unless I face it.

You're a hard son of a billet, and I hope when/if I have to face my expiration date, I'll do it with as much courage and dignity that you are. I get the feeling you've got a fair bit of fight left in ya, but, we can't postpone that date with destiny anymore than we can decide to come home from a ride. Some things are out of our hands no matter how we work it. Keep the fight alive, brother. You are on the minds of far more people than you know, and you're going to live on far longer than you could ever fathom. I keep the candle burning for all my brothers and sisters and you will be no different.

Tales of the greatest, cleanest, nicest builds will be told to anyone that will listen as long as I live. You're bikes (and now your fight) will be among the standard example of what my son will grow to know, and encouraged to emulate. The plethora of people I have to point to and say to my boy, "this is the standard we all hope to achieve", is immeasurable, and I'm proud to have been part of CF in a way that allows me to use a good lot of you great guys as that example.

Share away, we'll laugh, cry, and support you through to the end. You and I have never been personally "close", but we occupy this same stretch of time, doing the same things that bond us as a group here, and I feel that the pain, as much as the triumph, is worth it for us all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zweihammer View Post
Looking at this Large Hadron Collider of a vehicle, I am starting to think the little bastard may have been on to something...
RatFighter is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived RatFighter!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-30-2019, 05:50 AM   #159
bonehead
Fucking Retard
Fighter
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 5 Times in 3 Posts
bonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond repute
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatFighter View Post
^^Same as the guys.

Share away, we'll laugh, cry, and support you through to the end. You and I have never been personally "close", but we occupy this same stretch of time, doing the same things that bond us as a group here, and I feel that the pain, as much as the triumph, is worth it for us all.
I find this particularly awsome.
bonehead is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived bonehead!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-30-2019, 12:43 PM   #160
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Got me good with that one, RatFighter. Thanx, bro.

I have a Mom, stepdad, and brother, but I can't lean on them, and I understand. It's a heavy burdon to bear. No one really knows what to do or say.

Have a few local friends that could help, but they all have jobs & family. And they're all cancer-free. Not fair that they have to deal with this shit.

Hard to express how lucky I feel to have found this place and you guys.

Past few weeks have been fucked. Not even sure how I hurt my left hip so bad. Have hardly been able to walk. So, I ended up in ER. Appointment with the neurosurgeon in a few days.

Got a pelvis MRI & CT scan. No significant injury to the left hip. What?? And, there's some kind of small lesion on my RIGHT hip. ER doc says could be metastasis in both hips. Well, fuck.

Then, a few days ago, I missed a couple of phone calls, no messages. I call back the number, and it's the KP Bone Marrow Transplant Center. Well, double fuck! Got a feeling they're going to ask me to bank my bone marrow/stem cells before things get worse. Not sure, just guessing. To be honest, BMT scares the shit out of me.

Had a routine eye exam to upgrade my glasses scrip. Vision is okay, but I notice the doc is staring at something in my left eye for too long. Now, have to go to a special eye doc this week to take photos of the lesion, and find out how fast it's growing. Kind of pissed off about this. Metastatic eye tumor is crazy. My luck just can't be that bad.

There's possibly some good news. Seems like the left hip is slightly better. Still may need back surgery, but maybe not yet.

Best thing is, Smoker is still alive and kicking. The only thing I could think about last night was buying a 2020 KTM 500exc-f AND a 2020 KTM 300exc. Put the street-legal plate on the 300, and ride until I get busted.

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > General Streetfighter Discussion