Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

New member from Las Vegas

642 views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Youngjerk122 
#1 ·
What's up, new here and really loving it. You guys post some awesome threads and have helped me through my first street fighter build. Well finishing what somebody else has started and making it my own. I have a 2002 Yamaha yzf600r thundercat. And its almost done, been building this thing up for just over a month now. I'll be posting soon with pics of how it was when I first got the bike to now.

#4 ·
2002 yzf600r thundercat

So far done is I raised the subframe up 1 5/8in, and shortened it 4 1/2in. Did the airbox mod with the hose coming inside the box now. I cut down the thundercat seat to make my own R6 style of seat, but gonna end up with a stock one for better look. I did the 2002 R6 tail upper and lower fairing conversion, kept the stock R6 style light just added integrated. Added new shorty type muffler and cut the tail pipe that comes up a couple inches shorter too make the look of the muffler not look so far back. I did the 2001 Kawasaki zx7r rear shock conversion, it was only 5mm shorter than stock. Its full length being at 350mm eye-to-eye and stock is only 355mm eye-to-eye. Has same bolt size thickness top and bottom and eye-to-clevis type setup. So no having to get extension or conversion of any sort. I did have to shave a very small amount of metal from the top of where the shock mounts for it to clear, and function properly. and I had to make spacers for the upper eye mount to fit. Was 3/8 smaller than stock on the top from side to side of mounting area. Still finishing the fairings up some fiberglass work on some cracks and finish paint

Attachments

#5 ·
2002 Yzf600r thundercat

I modded how the battery box sits also, it sits at slant now with the ECU remounted on it. I'll post pics of that once the tail is more finished up. This is with the new shock installed.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.