extend brake line or delete one side of brakes - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Technical Section > Brakes and Suspension

Brakes and Suspension Anything to do with fabricating and modifying brakes and suspension goes in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > extend brake line or delete one side of brakes

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-23-2012, 12:00 AM   #1
rabies
time is running out......

CF Lover
rabies's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:49 PM
Flip Offs: 1,393
Flipped Off 39 Times in 35 Posts
rabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to behold
Default extend brake line or delete one side of brakes

hi. i think its an r6 set of forks i have.
i got dirtbike handle bars now. i have to xtend the brake lines.
it has 2 rotors and calipers on the front.
i have a line thats long enough but it has no "T" in it.

i would have to buy "r6" extended brake lines or...jus delete one side of the brakes.
the forks are on a 77 kz750twin. would it be ok to delete one side of brakes? is that a major nogo? will i realy need both sides?
thanx
rabies is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-23-2012, 12:08 AM   #2
crystal_skull
hate us cuz they ainus

CF Addict
crystal_skull's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:49 PM
Flip Offs: 26
Flipped Off 37 Times in 28 Posts
crystal_skull is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!crystal_skull is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!crystal_skull is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!crystal_skull is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!crystal_skull is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!crystal_skull is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!crystal_skull is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!crystal_skull is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!crystal_skull is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!crystal_skull is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!crystal_skull is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Re: extend brake line or delete one side of brakes

i wouldnt say its a MAJOR no go. choppers and dildos do it all the time. but with that being said, i never liked the idea of modifying the brakes to make them less effective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captian Obvious
If your hotel room balcony lacks a roof and floor, its probably just a window.
crystal_skull is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-23-2012, 12:12 AM   #3
rabies

CF Lover
rabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to behold

^true. i wouldnt want to make it less effective. but at the same time, im trying to shave weight where i can also.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-23-2012, 12:14 AM   #4
crystal_skull
hate us cuz they ainus

CF Addict
crystal_skull is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!crystal_skull is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!crystal_skull is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!crystal_skull is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!crystal_skull is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!crystal_skull is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!crystal_skull is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!crystal_skull is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!crystal_skull is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!crystal_skull is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!crystal_skull is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

to go faster?

Quote:
crystal_skull is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-23-2012, 12:15 AM   #5
rabies

CF Lover

trick question?

keeping it as light as possible because i weigh 140lbs and need back surgery again
i should keep it that way i suppose. who doesnt like brakes? i found extended r6 brake lines for $100shpd
This user High Fived rabies!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-23-2012, 12:20 AM   #6
crystal_skull
hate us cuz they ainus

CF Addict

shaving a caliper and rotor is a good chunk of weight to lose (and a great place to lose it). you could do it, take it to an empty parking lot and try some emergency stops to see just how much its gonna effect it. it really might not be that much...... but then again ive never done it so...

Quote:
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-23-2012, 12:42 AM   #7
piester
Bitches love Fighters

piester's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 44
Flipped Off 19 Times in 15 Posts
piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 

One extended line then use a line from the one caliper with a dual Bango bolt to the other side

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

if at least one motorcycle wasnt irreparably harmed in the creation of the bike, its not a streetfighter!

build threads
1998 GSXR 7/10 SRAD clicky
08 fireblade
clicky
who wants to be my friend? facebook
piester is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived piester!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-24-2012, 12:06 PM   #8
leo_black_label
clean fight
CF Addict
leo_black_label's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:49 PM
Flip Offs: 2
Flipped Off 9 Times in 7 Posts
leo_black_label is a splendid one to beholdleo_black_label is a splendid one to beholdleo_black_label is a splendid one to beholdleo_black_label is a splendid one to beholdleo_black_label is a splendid one to beholdleo_black_label is a splendid one to beholdleo_black_label is a splendid one to beholdleo_black_label is a splendid one to beholdleo_black_label is a splendid one to beholdleo_black_label is a splendid one to beholdleo_black_label is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by piester View Post
One extended line then use a line from the one caliper with a dual Bango bolt to the other side
ive definately seen bikes that come like this. a full length to a double fitting on one side then a bridge line jumping to the other side.
leo_black_label is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-24-2012, 12:15 PM   #9
ultimate fighter
Remi's Dad
ultimate fighter's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 1,427
Flipped Off 875 Times in 399 Posts
ultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympus
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

UF's 2017 winter buildoff MOE POWA
talk about my junk
Quote:
Originally Posted by yantosh View Post
CB is cool as fuck , proper old skool kick your cunt in for looking at it funny
ultimate fighter is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived ultimate fighter!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-24-2012, 01:25 PM   #10
MikeGyver
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
MikeGyver's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:49 PM
Flip Offs: 309
Flipped Off 170 Times in 147 Posts
MikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too much
Default Medal Fighter of the Month 

Your master cylinder is going to be too big for just one brake assuming you are using the R6 master. Twice the fluid to one brake caliper.

'98 Ducati 916
'00 Ducati 996
'03 SV650(sold)

Skully Stickers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danbuc View Post
yell, "Built not bought mother fucker!" in there face and then spit on their bike and walk off.
MikeGyver is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived MikeGyver!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Technical Section > Brakes and Suspension