Fabricated my own slab yokes - Page 5 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Technical Section > Heavy Metal

Heavy Metal Anything to do with welding, bending and fabricating things from metal goes in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Fabricated my own slab yokes

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-01-2011, 05:34 PM   #41
jtarkany
Fighter In Training
jtarkany's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:41 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
jtarkany is a name known to alljtarkany is a name known to alljtarkany is a name known to alljtarkany is a name known to alljtarkany is a name known to alljtarkany is a name known to alljtarkany is a name known to alljtarkany is a name known to alljtarkany is a name known to alljtarkany is a name known to alljtarkany is a name known to all
Default Re: Fabricated my own slab yokes

Project extension: I didn't like the polished look on the yokes so I decided to go with my first thought and have them powder coated satin black. Took them over today, will get them back on Wednesday.

If someone tells you, You can't do something and you believe them, then YOU Can't.
jtarkany is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived jtarkany!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-01-2011, 06:18 PM   #42
Poopie
GOOROO of da POO POO

CF Pimp
Poopie's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:41 AM
Flip Offs: 132
Flipped Off 91 Times in 61 Posts
Poopie is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Poopie is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Poopie is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Poopie is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Poopie is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Poopie is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Poopie is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Poopie is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Poopie is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Poopie is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Poopie is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtarkany View Post
Project extension: I didn't like the polished look on the yokes so I decided to go with my first thought and have them powder coated satin black. Took them over today, will get them back on Wednesday.
Awwww Mannnnn, Leave 'em bling'an... That way people can be blinded by the "I DO WORK" glare....

“When the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box”

EL RoY Build

EL RoY Discussion

Chickamauga Warhorse Build

Chickamauga Warhorse (discussion)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDogg007
If I fuck this up bear with me. I am on some serious pain meds for kidney stones and flying like a mofo here.
Poopie is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Poopie!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-01-2011, 06:24 PM   #43
gsf1200R
ShamanFighter
gsf1200R's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:41 AM
Flip Offs: 485
Flipped Off 802 Times in 365 Posts
gsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympus

so in a few more posts you can sell me a set for my magna so i can mount RC51 legs

Goal: Promote streetfighters to the custom motorcycle scene in America.
Plan: Spread the word to motorcycle enthusiasts through our forum & blog.
gsf1200R is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived gsf1200R!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-01-2011, 07:29 PM   #44
Fight Everything
Rollin hard in Wiscompton

CF Pimp
Fight Everything's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 55
Flipped Off 45 Times in 35 Posts
Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsf1200R View Post
so in a few more posts you can sell me a set for my magna so i can mount RC51 legs
Magna you say???? 500, 700/750, or 1100?
Fight Everything is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-01-2011, 10:36 PM   #45
badfish816
Bazinga!
CF Pimp
badfish816's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 347
Flipped Off 301 Times in 61 Posts
badfish816 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!badfish816 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!badfish816 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!badfish816 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!badfish816 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!badfish816 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!badfish816 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!badfish816 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!badfish816 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!badfish816 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!badfish816 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

freakin amazing work man. i cant rep you enough!!

Damm it all yer tha finest blokes fer sure!Im stickin with you lads through thick and thin, war and peace, good and bad!United we stand as strong a bunchof outcast hooligans as ever stomped this fookin planet! -Robs R. Eater
badfish816 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived badfish816!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-01-2011, 10:59 PM   #46
gsf1200R
ShamanFighter
gsf1200R's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 485
Flipped Off 802 Times in 365 Posts
gsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fight My Shaft View Post
Magna you say???? 500, 700/750, or 1100?
94vf750c

high temp black til i figure what i want for the tank n fender. engine and pipes are stayin black

Goal: Promote streetfighters to the custom motorcycle scene in America.
Plan: Spread the word to motorcycle enthusiasts through our forum & blog.
gsf1200R is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-01-2011, 11:17 PM   #47
Fight Everything
Rollin hard in Wiscompton

CF Pimp
Fight Everything's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 55
Flipped Off 45 Times in 35 Posts
Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Ahhh, third gen. You on V4musclebike yet?
Fight Everything is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-02-2011, 07:30 PM   #48
sonic reducer
Fighter
Local Time: 04:41 AM
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 3 Times in 3 Posts
sonic reducer is a good noobiesonic reducer is a good noobie

cutting aluminum with the chopsaw can get sketchy. heres some tips:
clamp the part for large cuts as the OP does(if no clamps, HOLD TIGHT to the fence)
use wax on the blade to prevent buildup
cut in a slow, controlled way, don't crash the blade like it's a 2x4
keep the blade all the way down until it stops spinning as the teeth will grab either the work or off cut and send it flying if you try and pull it up fast with the blade spinning(very dangerous ask me how i know)
sonic reducer is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived sonic reducer!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-02-2011, 11:18 PM   #49
87flatside
Fighter In Training
87flatside's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
87flatside is a NOOB

Well done, if someone said I made these on a drillpress and a chopsaw I'd say BS. But pics don't lie Again well done, and I would leave them as is.
87flatside is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived 87flatside!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-03-2011, 03:36 PM   #50
dbdesigns

Fighterer
dbdesigns's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
dbdesigns is a splendid one to beholddbdesigns is a splendid one to beholddbdesigns is a splendid one to beholddbdesigns is a splendid one to beholddbdesigns is a splendid one to beholddbdesigns is a splendid one to beholddbdesigns is a splendid one to beholddbdesigns is a splendid one to beholddbdesigns is a splendid one to beholddbdesigns is a splendid one to beholddbdesigns is a splendid one to behold

AWSOME JOB
dbdesigns is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived dbdesigns!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Technical Section > Heavy Metal