Fabricated my own slab yokes - Page 7 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Technical Section > Heavy Metal

Heavy Metal Anything to do with welding, bending and fabricating things from metal goes in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Fabricated my own slab yokes

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-14-2011, 09:32 PM   #61
jaseman
NoObie
Noobie
Local Time: 05:40 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
jaseman is a good noobiejaseman is a good noobie
Default Re: Fabricated my own slab yokes

Only one word for that... Skillz. And you definately got'em!!

If I had any idea what 'rep' was, or how to send it, you'd have it. :lol:

This place never ceases to amaze me.
jaseman is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived jaseman!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-14-2011, 11:23 PM   #62
snapperhead
Knucklehead Mc'spazatron
Fighter
snapperhead's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:40 PM
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
snapperhead is well likedsnapperhead is well likedsnapperhead is well likedsnapperhead is well likedsnapperhead is well likedsnapperhead is well likedsnapperhead is well liked

I bow down to you sir, well done that man.

There are only 2 things that are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not certain about the universe. - Albert Einstein

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. - Leonardo DaVinci
snapperhead is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived snapperhead!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-14-2011, 11:55 PM   #63
Scrapyard
Build It Ride It Live It
Scrapyard's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:40 AM
Flip Offs: 6
Flipped Off 20 Times in 14 Posts
Scrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud of
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity Fighter of the Month 

Those are damn nice. Killer job bud.
Scrapyard is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Scrapyard!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-16-2011, 07:58 AM   #64
snapperhead
Knucklehead Mc'spazatron
Fighter
snapperhead is well likedsnapperhead is well likedsnapperhead is well likedsnapperhead is well likedsnapperhead is well likedsnapperhead is well likedsnapperhead is well liked

Hey Jtarkany.
Im keen to know what type of burner you use with your furnace for smelting Ali ??

Im building a waste oil and a propane burner, and I would like to know a little from you about your setup.

Thanks

There are only 2 things that are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not certain about the universe. - Albert Einstein

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-16-2011, 01:20 PM   #65
jtarkany
Fighter In Training
jtarkany's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:40 AM
jtarkany is a name known to alljtarkany is a name known to alljtarkany is a name known to alljtarkany is a name known to alljtarkany is a name known to alljtarkany is a name known to alljtarkany is a name known to alljtarkany is a name known to alljtarkany is a name known to alljtarkany is a name known to alljtarkany is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapperhead View Post
Hey Jtarkany.
Im keen to know what type of burner you use with your furnace for smelting Ali ??

Im building a waste oil and a propane burner, and I would like to know a little from you about your setup.

Thanks
Hey Snapperhead,

I simply stacked bricks on my driveway, left a hole near the bottom to run an iron pipe into, attached my shop vac to blow air in, and used charcoal for the fuel. Using an infrared thermometer I was able to measure the temp at around 1500 F

Visit my exhaust link here and you will see all, including links to home foundry information: http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=49819

If someone tells you, You can't do something and you believe them, then YOU Can't.
jtarkany is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-16-2011, 11:24 PM   #66
snapperhead
Knucklehead Mc'spazatron
Fighter

Thanks for that, I did see it a while ago and your post was the catalyst for pushing ahead with some commitment. I had forgotten about the pics of your furnace.

Ive cast in bronze before, but it was targeted more towards art, so Im scaling up what I learnt back then. Thanks for sparking off my new passion.

This user High Fived snapperhead!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-25-2011, 04:28 PM   #67
jtarkany
Fighter In Training
jtarkany's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:40 AM
jtarkany is a name known to alljtarkany is a name known to alljtarkany is a name known to alljtarkany is a name known to alljtarkany is a name known to alljtarkany is a name known to alljtarkany is a name known to alljtarkany is a name known to alljtarkany is a name known to alljtarkany is a name known to alljtarkany is a name known to all

Slab Yoke Project complete, final pictures

If someone tells you, You can't do something and you believe them, then YOU Can't.
jtarkany is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived jtarkany!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-25-2011, 05:21 PM   #68
badfish816
Bazinga!
CF Pimp
badfish816's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:40 AM
Flip Offs: 347
Flipped Off 301 Times in 61 Posts
badfish816 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!badfish816 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!badfish816 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!badfish816 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!badfish816 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!badfish816 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!badfish816 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!badfish816 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!badfish816 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!badfish816 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!badfish816 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

boinkety boink boink. nice man.

Damm it all yer tha finest blokes fer sure!Im stickin with you lads through thick and thin, war and peace, good and bad!United we stand as strong a bunchof outcast hooligans as ever stomped this fookin planet! -Robs R. Eater
badfish816 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived badfish816!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-25-2011, 05:42 PM   #69
pineapple
Brhaap!
CF Pimp
pineapple's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:40 AM
Flip Offs: 207
Flipped Off 164 Times in 50 Posts
pineapple is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!pineapple is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!pineapple is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!pineapple is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!pineapple is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!pineapple is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!pineapple is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!pineapple is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!pineapple is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!pineapple is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!pineapple is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

They look perfect.
pineapple is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived pineapple!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-26-2011, 02:19 AM   #70
FIGHTER7R
(SFOC) Built Not Bought
Senior Fighterer
FIGHTER7R's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:40 AM
Flip Offs: 8
Flipped Off 11 Times in 6 Posts
FIGHTER7R is a name known to allFIGHTER7R is a name known to allFIGHTER7R is a name known to allFIGHTER7R is a name known to allFIGHTER7R is a name known to allFIGHTER7R is a name known to allFIGHTER7R is a name known to allFIGHTER7R is a name known to allFIGHTER7R is a name known to allFIGHTER7R is a name known to allFIGHTER7R is a name known to all

i can feel a satisfying twitch between my legs when i look at those .... NICE

should go into manufacturing bespoke yokes ... i would have some

MikeGyver
Post Whore Marathon...
"No challenge. You have to be internally motivated"
FIGHTER7R is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived FIGHTER7R!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Technical Section > Heavy Metal