Fabricated my own slab yokes - Page 8 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Technical Section > Heavy Metal

Heavy Metal Anything to do with welding, bending and fabricating things from metal goes in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Fabricated my own slab yokes

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-26-2011, 03:16 AM   #71
jtarkany
Fighter In Training
jtarkany's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:21 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
jtarkany is a name known to alljtarkany is a name known to alljtarkany is a name known to alljtarkany is a name known to alljtarkany is a name known to alljtarkany is a name known to alljtarkany is a name known to alljtarkany is a name known to alljtarkany is a name known to alljtarkany is a name known to alljtarkany is a name known to all
Default Re: Fabricated my own slab yokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIGHTER7R View Post
i can feel a satisfying twitch between my legs when i look at those .... NICE

should go into manufacturing bespoke yokes ... i would have some
Thanks for the compliment, I am obviously not set up to manufacture, besides I post it up so other poor but creative slobs like me can make their own

If someone tells you, You can't do something and you believe them, then YOU Can't.
jtarkany is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived jtarkany!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-26-2011, 03:22 AM   #72
pineapple
Brhaap!
CF Pimp
pineapple's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:21 AM
Flip Offs: 207
Flipped Off 164 Times in 50 Posts
pineapple is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!pineapple is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!pineapple is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!pineapple is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!pineapple is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!pineapple is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!pineapple is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!pineapple is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!pineapple is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!pineapple is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!pineapple is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

With custom triples in general, how do you know how much torque to apply to the bolts?
pineapple is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-26-2011, 02:50 PM   #73
jtarkany
Fighter In Training
jtarkany is a name known to alljtarkany is a name known to alljtarkany is a name known to alljtarkany is a name known to alljtarkany is a name known to alljtarkany is a name known to alljtarkany is a name known to alljtarkany is a name known to alljtarkany is a name known to alljtarkany is a name known to alljtarkany is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by pineapple View Post
With custom triples in general, how do you know how much torque to apply to the bolts?
With custom triples from a manufacturer they should provide the new torque specs.

With my homemade version...Kentucky Windage

My custom triples are 7mm thick around the shock. The original was 5mm, so I took the original torque specs, which I think were 22 ft/lbs, and I increased it to 25 ft/lbs to accomodate the extra 2mm. Not very mathematical or engineer based, but hey I do what I do.

If someone tells you, You can't do something and you believe them, then YOU Can't.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-26-2011, 03:00 PM   #74
rubbersdown
sickboy
CF Pimp
rubbersdown's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 37
Flipped Off 45 Times in 29 Posts
rubbersdown is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!rubbersdown is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!rubbersdown is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!rubbersdown is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!rubbersdown is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!rubbersdown is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!rubbersdown is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!rubbersdown is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!rubbersdown is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!rubbersdown is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!rubbersdown is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

torque is mainly based on bolt size, not the size of material because no one with any smarts is going to put a bolt that requires torque specs that the material wont handle... that being said...
heres a grade 5 chart...

"Sex addicts are just guys who are telling the truth." - Rodney Ruxin
rubbersdown is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived rubbersdown!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-26-2011, 07:00 PM   #75
Ruff
Rable Rable Rable
Ruff's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:21 AM
Flip Offs: 97
Flipped Off 138 Times in 105 Posts
Ruff is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ruff is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ruff is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ruff is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ruff is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ruff is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ruff is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ruff is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ruff is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ruff is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ruff is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtarkany View Post
My custom triples are 7mm thick around the shock. The original was 5mm, so I took the original torque specs, which I think were 22 ft/lbs, and I increased it to 25 ft/lbs to accomodate the extra 2mm. Not very mathematical or engineer based, but hey I do what I do.
That's exactly what I'd do, and I do that for a living. So I think you may be more of an engineer than you admit.

Ruff is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Ruff!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-27-2011, 06:11 PM   #76
jtarkany
Fighter In Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbersdown View Post
torque is mainly based on bolt size, not the size of material because no one with any smarts is going to put a bolt that requires torque specs that the material wont handle... that being said...
heres a grade 5 chart...
I think that's a cool chart, but I have to disagree with your statement. A more accurate statement would be, 'Torque determines Bolt Size.' Torque is determined by the job to be done and to an extent the materials used. The chart you are providing is usefel in that it provides the information needed to choose the right bolt for the job.

The purpose determines the torque needed, in the case of the yokes the amount of clamping pressure needed to keep the forks from slipping at the worst possible time, and the torque determines the bolt needed.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-27-2011, 06:29 PM   #77
DecepticonDon
Elbow Grease is Cheap

DecepticonDon's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:21 AM
Flip Offs: 301
Flipped Off 143 Times in 38 Posts
DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbersdown View Post
heres a grade 5 chart...
Quoted for hysterical company name

Quote:
Originally Posted by robsroadeater View Post
dont want no skanky slagbag hangin offa yer short arm mate

Project: Daytona 675

Operation: Kwak Attack

1991 Tidecraft B.O.A.T. build
DecepticonDon is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived DecepticonDon!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-27-2011, 06:36 PM   #78
rubbersdown
sickboy
CF Pimp
rubbersdown's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 37
Flipped Off 45 Times in 29 Posts
rubbersdown is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!rubbersdown is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!rubbersdown is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!rubbersdown is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!rubbersdown is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!rubbersdown is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!rubbersdown is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!rubbersdown is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!rubbersdown is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!rubbersdown is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!rubbersdown is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DecepticonDon View Post
Quoted for hysterical company name
HAHAHA I DIDNT EVEN NOTICE THAT!

"Sex addicts are just guys who are telling the truth." - Rodney Ruxin
rubbersdown is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-17-2011, 09:39 PM   #79
creswell
Machinist
Fighter
creswell's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:21 AM
Flip Offs: 2
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
creswell is making some friendscreswell is making some friendscreswell is making some friendscreswell is making some friendscreswell is making some friends

only one way to describe it, fuckin impressive work my friend!
creswell is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived creswell!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-19-2011, 04:38 PM   #80
WebbyUK
Fighter
WebbyUK's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:21 AM
Flipped Off 10 Times in 1 Post
WebbyUK is really niceWebbyUK is really niceWebbyUK is really niceWebbyUK is really niceWebbyUK is really niceWebbyUK is really niceWebbyUK is really niceWebbyUK is really nice

yeah some good skills there. they look great too. good work
WebbyUK is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived WebbyUK!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Technical Section > Heavy Metal