Project "skip build" - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Project "skip build"

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-09-2018, 04:41 PM   #1
titan
hooligan quads

CF Addict
titan's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:51 PM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 14 Times in 2 Posts
titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 
Default Project "skip build"

I have touched on this in other threads.

There was a bandit 600 left on our Estate it's been there for about 3 years, maybe more. The previous owner used to commute from Germany on it and for some reason it got left, maybe he couldn't move it when he moved. Or he started to strip it and didn't finish. Anyway I had my eye on it and so have some others so figured no harm in getting there first so I put it in my garage.

Now I know the rule of don't buy a none runner but strictly speaking i didn't buy it, it cost me 28 to get the registration in my name.

And let's face it, it's a bandit.

For now I will be just getting bits ready for a build later in the year oh and getting it running.

So the plan is to do a USD swap, and I have just won a GSXR 750 SRAD set up, wheel and calipers so that's that taken care off just need a 1200 stem, Maybe a top yoke front end done. Dirty bars, single light, bob seat shorten the loom and maybe a 1250 swinger, rear wheel swap over and shock . After that maybe some engine work if the stock engine works hahaha

First I need spark plug caps, probably cheaper to buy used coils. And a tank. I have a hoop for the seat and gonna do the welding my self this time.

See how this goes.

costs

0 bike
28 for v5
102 GSXR 750 SRAD USD, wheel, yokes, one caliper.
35 stick coils
40 Tank
30 front mudguard
31 foam for seat unit
30 suspension knuckle
17 sub frame tubing
10 stem fitting
10 risers
90 engine cases
60 more steel and bending subframe

493 total

Sold

100 forks and few odd bits
150 engine and few odd bits
50 exhaust

Total 300

Out lay so far

ride it like you stole it

Customization not Restoration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.
2020 build off - build - chat
titan is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived titan!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-09-2018, 06:50 PM   #2
yantosh

yantosh's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:51 AM
Flip Offs: 13
Flipped Off 18 Times in 16 Posts
yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Project "skip build"

nice little frames the 600's, heavy as fuck , but ok. my bandikat build was a 600 frame
yantosh is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived yantosh!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-09-2018, 07:54 PM   #3
titan
hooligan quads

CF Addict
titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yantosh View Post
nice little frames the 600's, heavy as fuck , but ok. my bandikat build was a 600 frame
i got to say i'v always had a soft spot for them so i have had this picture in my head for about 20yrs of how i want it to be, quite excited to get on with it but i'm learning quick so just buying parts right now so when the time comes i can get it smashed out in a relatively short time. it may well end up being next winter build. this will be my first USD swap but from what i'm reading it's fairly painless and pretty much everything imaginable has been done to bandits so plenty of info out there which is a nice change from the XJ

Quote:
I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-10-2018, 05:17 AM   #4
yantosh

yantosh's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 13
Flipped Off 18 Times in 16 Posts
yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

front end swaps are usually pretty simple, swap the stems over if needs be, biggest issue with USD forks and older bikes is that they're often shorter
yantosh is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived yantosh!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-10-2018, 07:27 AM   #5
Cookie2000ad
Persuasion Engineered
Cookie2000ad's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 166
Flipped Off 59 Times in 27 Posts
Cookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CK
Default Medal Burnout Contest Winner Fighter of the Month 

I'm glad I didn't skip this thread............... sorry.

Cookie2000ad is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Cookie2000ad!
The Following User Says F-U to Cookie2000ad For This Post:
Cookie2000ad (01-10-2018)
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-10-2018, 10:30 AM   #6
XxGRYMMxX
Breaking shit...
CF Pimp
XxGRYMMxX's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 8
Flipped Off 13 Times in 10 Posts
XxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on here

bandits are cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcantar View Post
They can ban, outlaw, and restrict whatever they please. I'll keep doing whatever the fuck I'm doing, because I don't really give a shit. The only thing that will change is that I'll be breaking their made up bullshit rules while doing it, and I'm comfortable with that.

My Build http://www.customfighters.com/forums...d.php?t=118649
XxGRYMMxX is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived XxGRYMMxX!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-10-2018, 05:12 PM   #7
titan
hooligan quads

CF Addict
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yantosh View Post
front end swaps are usually pretty simple, swap the stems over if needs be, biggest issue with USD forks and older bikes is that they're often shorter
yeh i read some older thread on this, apparently if i stick to stock rear end then an extension is best although it doesn't affect it to much handling wise without. but a busa rear shock or swing arm swap will help so that's the route i'll go down i think.

no problems @Cookie2000ad cant watch em all

Quote:
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-10-2018, 09:15 PM   #8
a_morti
GURU

CF Addict
Local Time: 01:51 AM
Flip Offs: 24
Flipped Off 24 Times in 14 Posts
a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

I'm a sucker for free stuff. Took a diversion once, in boxes. Spent a bit of money and a fair bit of time to clean the parts and get it together, couldn't get it started easily and gave it away as a non runner when I realised I didn't care. It was still scruffy after I'd put a load of time into it, as that bandit may be judging by the level of rust on it.

Just recently took a free bicycle that used to be nice when it was new 20 years ago. It's marginal as to whether it's even worth saving now. It'll never be pretty but it'll get me to the pub.

Be careful not to get carried away. Getting running before anything else. Maybe he left it there because it has engine problems.

Aaron, living in Gibraltar and riding a 2014 MSX125 (Grom) with a bunch of shiny shite on it. Slow n loud!
a_morti is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-11-2018, 03:36 AM   #9
titan
hooligan quads

CF Addict
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_morti View Post
I'm a sucker for free stuff. Took a diversion once, in boxes. Spent a bit of money and a fair bit of time to clean the parts and get it together, couldn't get it started easily and gave it away as a non runner when I realised I didn't care. It was still scruffy after I'd put a load of time into it, as that bandit may be judging by the level of rust on it.

Just recently took a free bicycle that used to be nice when it was new 20 years ago. It's marginal as to whether it's even worth saving now. It'll never be pretty but it'll get me to the pub.

Be careful not to get carried away. Getting running before anything else. Maybe he left it there because it has engine problems.
Yep game plan for the engine not working is stick a GSXR or similar init. Unlike the XJ there is plenty that will fit one of the reasons I'm happy to take it as a none runner. The frame has a few patches of rust most of it on the subframe or it's surface which will be going anyway so I'm confident I'll have it moving by hook or by crook.

Quote:
These people High Fived titan!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-12-2018, 08:48 PM   #10
Capt. Obvious
Fearless Keyboard Warrior
Fighter
Capt. Obvious's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:51 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Capt. Obvious is a name known to allCapt. Obvious is a name known to allCapt. Obvious is a name known to allCapt. Obvious is a name known to allCapt. Obvious is a name known to allCapt. Obvious is a name known to allCapt. Obvious is a name known to allCapt. Obvious is a name known to allCapt. Obvious is a name known to allCapt. Obvious is a name known to allCapt. Obvious is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxGRYMMxX View Post
bandits are cool
Meh.

For the forks, just swap the stem from your factory forks to the new triple. Getting it out is royal pain in the ass (you'll need to grind the welds off the bottom, then cut the triple, then press it out), but it's overall easier.
Capt. Obvious is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes