Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

Racing Geek's GSXR 600 Mutt -- DISCUSSION

6K views 44 replies 18 participants last post by  bonez8 
#1 ·
The rude remarks go in here. :thumbsup:

#6 ·
Hey man I saw you need filters. I JUST got a set of brand new never used pods for I THINK, 38mm carbs. I can send one to you to check fitment or whatever. May just give you the whole set to use if youre running pods. they were given to me on the forum and the flatslides Im getting should already have pods. Might need them for the GSX1100G but I'm hoping to run an airbox on that one instead. PM me if you're interested.

#8 ·
#16 ·
Chrome wouldn't fit with the bike because the frame won't stay polished but I kinda want to keep it chrome so I can make the pipes turn blue. It would drive me nuts though with that being the only chrome part.

I like the extra ground clearance I would have with the sidewinder when it comes to going over curbs and loading/unloading with trailers and trucks. I also like the wow factor from people but I was looking at it more and I think the oil pan issue would be a really simple fix to make the 4-1 work and the sidewinder might affect corning because the one outside tube goes so far forward before it curves back. Not sure.

#17 ·
Sidewinder is the sexiest exhaust i've ever seen! For real for real...

And damn dude you make that thing look like a pit bike in you last round of pics! :)

Bike is looking great though!

#19 ·
Sure with dirt bars I'll be more upright and probably a little more comfortable but the problem is I'll be more upright. I wasn't planning on putting a fairing on this bike so it's gonna suck riding it out to IN for another MWFF. My body and helmet is going to be like a huge parachute. Even on the Triumph when I would be doing ~120 and sit up to slow down faster it was like throwing out a anchor. And the Triumph has the full fairing. I also worry dirt bars might awkward when I lay on the tank. Then again it's annoying when my knees and elbows hit when I lay on the tank with clipons.

I need to stop building little bikes. :doh:

#20 ·
I couldn't full tuck on the kat with out hitting my knees until i put on the dirt bars. A super bike low bar or a low CR bend would be perfect. I prefer them wide with mid controls few inches narrower with rear sets. Drag bars are for cruisers. To me they almost feel like clipons

#21 ·
Drag bars are for cruisers. To me they almost feel like clipons
I'm not sure about the cruiser bit ;) but I can definitely confirm the part about them being like clip-ons, they pretty much are, same angle and everything, they just put your hands 2-3 inches higher. I went for them on my build because I like clipons but wanted the raiser bar look.

#23 ·
Im having the same problem with where my bars are gonna go. It feels like dirty bars arent gonna feel right nut Im going for it anyways. It should still be better than clip ons. As for shocks, I've got either a 2004 Hayabusa shock, 2006 GSX-R1000 shock or a 92 GSX-R 750 shock I wont be using. If youre interested on picking up one of the ones Im not running then holler at me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.