Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

How to Post Pictures to Any Forum!

47K views 66 replies 50 participants last post by  Ahsan1821142 
#1 ·
Quick tutorial I made to help people new to the forum thing to post pictures.

You can post any picture you have on your computer to multiple forums using this. There are a LOT of other methods but this is the one I use and it's pretty easy and efficient.. here you go.

STEP 1

Go to www.photobucket.com and sign up for an account. It's free, they don't spam :D

STEP 2

Go to the 'My Album' at the top of the www.photobucket.com main page after signing up and logging in. It usually takes you to your album automatically when you login.

STEP 3

Use this set of boxes at the top to upload a picture. Click BROWSE, and a box will open. Find the picture on your computer and click open (the open button is in the box that opens, not on the album page)

STEP 4

Scroll down in your album to find the picture you want to share with the forum. Click on the text next to here it says "IMG Tag." It should turn grey in like my screenshot above. Right click on the greyed text and 'Copy' it.

Finally, go to the forum you want to post it to. Right click on the reply box and 'Paste' it. It should look like this in the box:

[ img ]www.photobucket.com/albums/youralbum/yourpic.jpg[ /img ]
(without the spaces)

PLEASE HIT ENTER BETWEEN THE PICTURE TAGS! It should look like this:

NOT AT ALL LIKE THIS:
[ img ]www.photobucket.com/albums/youralbum/yourpic.jpg[ /img ][ img ]www.photobucket.com/albums/youralbum/yourpic.jpg[ /img ][ img ]www.photobucket.com/albums/youralbum/yourpic.jpg[ /img ]

See less See more
#3 ·
reps for u haelo good lookin out for those who dont knows

Reactions: oldrider and ROBBO
#4 ·
Nice move.

What they need to know next is how to condition the pic they want hosted, or use up all the allotted space available for free on this medium.

....Simple steps for muddy feet:

So you took some great shots of your bike on the new digi-cam.

You now have studied the manual and get the drift of uploading the image onto your lap-top.

Thing is, this pic is about 2000 pixels wide and 3000 px deep and rich with color and unwanted scenery.

In short, It's far too big to upload in a reasonable time and it's file size is gonna bog your host before you have chance to show off your pride and joy.

You need to condition your pics to be within a size that will upload/download quickly over a poor-to-ok internet connection.

They need cropping,re-sizing and turned into a JPG or GIF format better than BMP (bitmap)

Just google for freeware image conditioning software till you find something you can work easy with..And Bingo..your in business.

I can provide a short-cut to success if you too lazy to look for yourself.

Use this for a keyword in your search: IRFANVIEW

I'm always around on here if you need any tips..That is if haelo is not on the case ;)

#7 ·
just keep pasting the codes on the post before you hit submit reply or submit thread

make sure you hit enter

to drop the pics

down in order so they dont stack up side by side making us scroll sideways

#9 ·
YES, ALWAYS REMEMBER TO HIT ENTER BETWEEN THE BODY OF YOUR TEXT AND THE PICTURES...AND BETWEEN EACH PICTURE. THIS WAY THEY STACK INSTEAD OF GOING OFF TO THE SIDE!

THANKS.

#13 ·
your attaching, not uploading. use the image hosting or 'quick upload' button when posting.

and yes, most people at work cant view photobucket pix, which is why we offer image hosting here.

we hate red X's

#12 ·
can't see photobucket on work computer:arsed:

#14 ·
hey guys aint posted any pics yet as aint got any yet iv got a 125 cagiva mito i wana street fighter as aint seen any small bikes done this way engine wise i got it sorted a 160 topend arrow exhaust v force reeds tmx makuni carb k an n filter also have braided brake hoses now just need some ideas on body work wat bk end to go on it and wat lights can u help

#15 ·
Reactions: ROBBO
#18 ·
also try www.IMGUR.com great host for pics . . . and they allow the noOdz!

Reactions: henry
#20 ·
I've reached my max in my Image Host of 20 images.
Can I get this increased? I don't want to delete earlier pics. Or is there another better way of posting pics?
Cheers
Rich

#22 ·
Some digital cameras also have a setting so you can take pictures and the camera instanly sets your picture to a smaller size so it is easier to upload pics. The option usally pops up with a L,M,S for the settings if it is set to small it uses less pixals and thus takes up less space.

#23 ·
Question about using the public CF image host vs using the Album feature in my profile. I noticed when I upload to my album I can only see the pictures (when linked in a thread) when I'm logged in. However if I upload the pictures to the image host like Adam just demonstrated I can view the pictures in the thread even when logged out.
So after all that, my question is: Can everyone else see my album pictures when they are logged in, or is there a setting I can adjust so they can?

#26 ·
from photobucket you just copy the code

[IMG]http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq77/morto151/jackup010.jpg

#27 ·
If you're too cheap to buy photo software and too lazy to find the free stuff online the free paint program on your computer will help you resize pix. Just open it up, crop the area you need, copy it, start a new paint page, then paste that crop into the work area. Save and the post to photobucket, copy the share link, post to here, then watch the fun.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.