External hard drive quit. Any ideas appreciated. - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Off Topic > Open Discussion > Byte Fighters

Byte Fighters All computer related discussion goes in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > External hard drive quit. Any ideas appreciated.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-25-2013, 03:13 PM   #1
FrenchFries
GURU
CF Addict
Local Time: 05:20 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
FrenchFries is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!FrenchFries is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!FrenchFries is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!FrenchFries is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!FrenchFries is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!FrenchFries is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!FrenchFries is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!FrenchFries is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!FrenchFries is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!FrenchFries is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!FrenchFries is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default External hard drive quit. Any ideas appreciated.

Ok so here's what happened. My friend has this older desktop running win xp or something. I plugged my WD elements 500 gb hard drive to this computer. And the green light on my external drive just stayed on instead of blinking a few times then going out. The computer would not recognize my hard drive. Just would sit there with the green light stuck on.

So I got home and now it does the same thing anywhere. my computer, my ps2 (modded), nothing reads it now and the green light just stuck on when i plug it in.

This culprit computer has since bricked several of my friends' other devices. So what do you think is happening to brick these devices just from plugging into a certain bad usb port on a computer.

This happened about 5 years ago (no warranty) and i was just thinking out of the blue it would be nice to even remember what i had on there at this point. So finally I was wondering if i should just try to get the drive out of the enclosure and see if it works as an additional drive in my computer.

Any Ideas appreciated. I'm just too lazy to join a computer geek forum right now.
FrenchFries is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-25-2013, 03:34 PM   #2
JLinde1339
GURU

Fighterer
JLinde1339's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:20 PM
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
JLinde1339 has much to be proud ofJLinde1339 has much to be proud ofJLinde1339 has much to be proud ofJLinde1339 has much to be proud ofJLinde1339 has much to be proud ofJLinde1339 has much to be proud ofJLinde1339 has much to be proud ofJLinde1339 has much to be proud ofJLinde1339 has much to be proud ofJLinde1339 has much to be proud ofJLinde1339 has much to be proud of
Default Re: External hard drive quit. Any ideas appreciated.

Yup, pretty much an internal hd in those cases. I had the same problem, and decided to crack the case open. Unfortunately my drive wasn't bootable and I only have one esata cable. So was never able to diag the exact problem. I was hoping it was the adapter circuit, and not the drive itself. But I've yet to get one and find out.
JLinde1339 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Off Topic > Open Discussion > Byte Fighters