cbr 918 97 tail swap 05 600rr - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Technical Section > Street Fighter Swaps

Street Fighter Swaps From Fork Swaps to Swing Arm Swaps

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > cbr 918 97 tail swap 05 600rr

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-19-2016, 08:11 PM   #1
Graeme_f
NoObie
Noobie
Local Time: 04:50 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Graeme_f is a NOOB
Default cbr 918 97 tail swap 05 600rr

hi guys this is my first post not sure if its in the right place!

i have a cbr 918 97 iam looking to swap the tail for the 05 cbr 600rr seen a member done it but thread was posted few years ago wasnt much mentioned about it.

wondering if anyone has any advise on fitting this subframe?
i managed to pick the frame up but i have no others parts for it as of yet.

as far as iam aware the top bolt lines up then theres some sort of rod or bracket for the bottom fixing bolt?

any help would be really appreciated.

one last thing would the cbr 1000rr subframe be close to the 600rr? reason iam asking that is the guy i got it from also has all the parts from the 1000rr but only had the bare frame from the 600.

thanks Graeme
Graeme_f is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-19-2016, 11:50 PM   #2
crazyjon's
GURU
Fighterer
crazyjon's's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:50 PM
Flip Offs: 17
Flipped Off 5 Times in 4 Posts
crazyjon's has a brilliant futurecrazyjon's has a brilliant futurecrazyjon's has a brilliant futurecrazyjon's has a brilliant futurecrazyjon's has a brilliant futurecrazyjon's has a brilliant futurecrazyjon's has a brilliant futurecrazyjon's has a brilliant futurecrazyjon's has a brilliant futurecrazyjon's has a brilliant futurecrazyjon's has a brilliant future
Default Re: cbr 918 97 tail swap 05 600rr

Hi Graeme,

Welcome to CF!

I haven't done it myself yet but being a fabricator of sorts and watching on here it seems people all have their own ways of going about a tail swap.

Unlikely that you will find a suitable doner tail that will just bolt up so grab some calipers or cardboard (your choice) and a hacksaw and start building your own.

Looks like tank to seat fit, taillight, and where to put your battery and wiring are more of a PIA than just getting the rails where you want em.

Again, welcome.

Jon

"Practice till the hot brass burns the cheeks of your ass" F. Bob Chow
crazyjon's is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-20-2016, 06:49 AM   #3
hrdy
Noobie
CF Addict
hrdy's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:50 PM
Flipped Off 22 Times in 14 Posts
hrdy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!hrdy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!hrdy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!hrdy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!hrdy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!hrdy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!hrdy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!hrdy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!hrdy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!hrdy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!hrdy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 

try check this build thread:
900rr with 08'600rr subframe+tail
http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=60840

900rr with 1000rr subframe+tail
http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=68345
hrdy is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-20-2016, 07:53 AM   #4
yantosh

yantosh's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:50 AM
Flip Offs: 13
Flipped Off 18 Times in 16 Posts
yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

I'd make sure the bracket for the bottom bolt has 3 fixing points , not just the 2, far more secure and won't move about
yantosh is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived yantosh!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-26-2016, 08:37 PM   #5
Graeme_f
NoObie
Noobie
Local Time: 04:50 AM
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Graeme_f is a NOOB

thanks for the reply guys!

i have had a better look at it the other day seams like the top holes line up nicely i will need to make some sort of bracket for the bottom, by the looks of it thats going to be the hard part electrical wise think will be ok just a matter or re routing cables. like i said the bracket will be tricky i think one of the members who done it on here i managed to get in touch through instagram he had the bike on that he said he will send me photos of the bracket he made up but hasnt as of yet again thanks for the reply and good to be on here.
Graeme_f is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Technical Section > Street Fighter Swaps