Attention all who order online and all package delivery drivers(a rant) - Page 2 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Off Topic > Bitch Forum

Bitch Forum You want to bitch about something or someone? Do it in here... all drama outside of this forum will be DELETED!

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Attention all who order online and all package delivery drivers(a rant)

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-03-2015, 03:03 PM   #11
FrenchFries
GURU
CF Addict
Local Time: 01:49 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
FrenchFries is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!FrenchFries is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!FrenchFries is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!FrenchFries is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!FrenchFries is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!FrenchFries is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!FrenchFries is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!FrenchFries is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!FrenchFries is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!FrenchFries is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!FrenchFries is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Re: Attention all who order online and all package delivery drivers(a rant)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatFighter View Post
Had a recent issue with FedEx delivery, one day I was home all day, some of the time in the shop, the rest in the house doing paperwork, never, ever heard the door bell, found a notice on the door. Next day, I was in and out, but I know I was home when they left yet another notice with a note that seemed rather aggravated stating they would try only one more time. I got a little upset, but figured I would just keep an ear at the ready for the door or the bell, whatever was clever.

Poor FedEx dude, he must have hit that door bell button quite a few times before he just rapped on the door, I jumped up, ran to the door, opened it, and one very unhappy driver greeted me with a scowl, told me he's been here twice already, and is wasting time. I apologize, say I never heard the door bell, realized what was probably going on, and reached over and hit the button in front of him... my heart sank, I couldn't apologize enough to him for the inconvenience of a truly non functioning door bell!

Needless to say, the delivery driver and I had a good laugh about me having been home the past two days, and the doorbell was really broken, and I wasn't just ignoring him. He told a story similar to the OP, people being dicks, making stupid claims, etc. and we parted ways with smiles after that. I totally understand the aggravation scottiemann, people are strange creatures.
I am still baffled that it would take the guy 3 visits to try knocking on the door... like he'd rather just have something to complain about than try the obvious plan b. Is your hand broken? Is there a coat of flesh eating acid on the door?

apartment buildings and other "gotta get buzzed in" places are different obviously. But if its a house. and you left without trying knocking. It would seem that you rather complain about whose doorbell works and whose does not and get all huffed about it. Instead of just get around it and try a good knock.

I dont know about OP but rat I would not have been apologetic. I would have been pissed. The dude literally just tried pushing the button. Just the button. Let himself get all pissed about it. And had to come back 3 times. Because he was either too stubborn for some odd reason or too stupid to remember that you can knock on a door and the people inside can hear that incase of a malfunctioning goddamn doorbell.
FrenchFries is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived FrenchFries!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-03-2015, 05:05 PM   #12
scottiemann
fuckin genius
Fighterer
scottiemann's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:49 PM
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
scottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud of
Default Re: Attention all who order online and all package delivery drivers(a rant)

Lol good story

Yea thats why when I get a complaint after ringing the bell and dont actually hear the bell go off i'll give the people the benefit of the doubt and go back.

Im lucky enough to live in an area where packages can be released and very rarely do shippers ask for a signature. My problem is-is that my doorbell works but it sticks so I know they rang if i come home and my bell is buzzin away...

current build is on YouTube, check out my channel The Armed DIYer

****Current Build****
91 GSXR 750
mods yet to be determined

******On Hold******
98 superhawk
Debaffled cans
De-PAIRed
TPS mod
Bmc air filter
Factory pro jet kit
Factory pro ignition advanced
15/42
05 CBR1000RR front end
Bunch of other shit...
scottiemann is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived scottiemann!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-03-2015, 05:48 PM   #13
FrenchFries
GURU
CF Addict
FrenchFries is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!FrenchFries is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!FrenchFries is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!FrenchFries is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!FrenchFries is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!FrenchFries is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!FrenchFries is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!FrenchFries is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!FrenchFries is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!FrenchFries is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!FrenchFries is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

It sounds to me like you're saying you ring the doorbell. Even if it's a house. You only exclusively ring the doorbell. And if you dont hear the doorbell. You dont knock on the door but instead you come back the next day and try the same thing. As if the people should fix their doorbell overnight or everybody in the world (who lives in their own house) should have a working doorbell so you dont ever have to knock.

Like you're specifically not mentioning ever trying to knock. Like you shouldn't have to ever knock on a door because it's such a bother.

If all you try is pushing the button. And you hear nothing. and you dont knock on the door. Then you came back the next day "to give the person the benefit of the doubt". Push the same button for the same doorbell which you still cant tell is working. And you exclusively refuse to ever try knocking on the door.

Thats the part thats completely missing from your story that confuses me before I know that I should feel sympathetic.

Do you EVER try knocking?
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-03-2015, 08:09 PM   #14
scottiemann
fuckin genius
Fighterer
scottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud of

Oh I knock the majority of the time, for signature required packages I usually hit the bell and knock, the examples from my story are an apartment building where I have to be buzzed in, an apartment building where I could hear the bell ring(and dogs started barking) and another where I failed to knock but that wasnt the part of the point I was trying to make. In that example she was asleep and aware her doorbell didnt work but called up angry saying I didnt ring the bell and just tagged her mailbox and ran...

I think your confusing what my rant was about with other peoples stories in response. I dont care about reattempting deliveries, its a part of the job. I care about people calling in bold face lies about my delivery attempts in order to get me to come back the same day because they either missed me or werent home in the first place but claimed to be.

So no I dont knock every time but I do the majority of the time, I dont care about reattempting deliveries, but again neither of those is the point of the rant...

****Current Build****
91 GSXR 750

******On Hold******
98 superhawk
Debaffled cans
De-PAIRed
TPS mod
Bmc air filter
Factory pro jet kit
15/42
05 CBR1000RR front end
Bunch of other shit...
These people High Fived scottiemann!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-03-2015, 08:10 PM   #15
scottiemann
fuckin genius
Fighterer

And I agree with you about the FEDEX guy from RatFighter's story... not sure why he didnt knock or why he was getting upset over the job he signed up to do

****Current Build****
91 GSXR 750

******On Hold******
98 superhawk
Debaffled cans
De-PAIRed
TPS mod
Bmc air filter
Factory pro jet kit
15/42
05 CBR1000RR front end
Bunch of other shit...
These people High Fived scottiemann!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-04-2015, 09:02 AM   #16
FrenchFries
GURU
CF Addict

word
This user High Fived FrenchFries!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-04-2015, 10:49 AM   #17
Simpler=Better
Cmon' Kitty!
CF Lover
Simpler=Better's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 8
Flipped Off 10 Times in 8 Posts
Simpler=Better is a name known to allSimpler=Better is a name known to allSimpler=Better is a name known to allSimpler=Better is a name known to allSimpler=Better is a name known to allSimpler=Better is a name known to allSimpler=Better is a name known to allSimpler=Better is a name known to allSimpler=Better is a name known to allSimpler=Better is a name known to allSimpler=Better is a name known to all

Screw those guys, I know what goes on for delivery dudes. I try to keep clear space on the porch for you guys to drop stuff off.

I've had stuff get lost, destroyed by sorters, etc. etc. but never had a bad experience with the boots on the ground.

Safety First...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey
This place is all about the dumbest, most dangerous, underplanned, poorly thought out, underfunded, likely to kill you, completely illegal cobbled together pieces of rolling shit ever to grace the surface of a road. And we like it like that.
Simpler=Better is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-06-2016, 07:28 AM   #18
krazykrazed1
Noobie
krazykrazed1's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flipped Off 63 Times in 30 Posts
krazykrazed1 is a cuntkrazykrazed1 is a cuntkrazykrazed1 is a cuntkrazykrazed1 is a cuntkrazykrazed1 is a cuntkrazykrazed1 is a cuntkrazykrazed1 is a cuntkrazykrazed1 is a cuntkrazykrazed1 is a cuntkrazykrazed1 is a cuntkrazykrazed1 is a cunt

If you wanna learn about something read a book on the subject. If you wanna master something read every book on the subject.

krazykrazed1 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Off Topic > Bitch Forum