fitting Gsxr1100 carbs for b12 motor - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Technical Section > Street Fighter Swaps

Street Fighter Swaps From Fork Swaps to Swing Arm Swaps

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > fitting Gsxr1100 carbs for b12 motor

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-31-2015, 01:32 PM   #1
843Bandit600
Broke BUT Eager NOOB
Noobie
843Bandit600's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:48 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
843Bandit600 is well liked843Bandit600 is well liked843Bandit600 is well liked843Bandit600 is well liked843Bandit600 is well liked843Bandit600 is well liked843Bandit600 is well liked
Default fitting Gsxr1100 carbs for b12 motor

So I got my hands on a rack of 92 GSXR 1100 carbs to fit on my bandit; the only thing is neither the motor nor the carbs came with the boots so now I'm doing the ebay hunt for some 40mm boots that I can slap on. Does anyone know the size of b12 boots? Can I literally squeeze by with using a set for the 1100 carb? The only reason I ask is in hopes of broadening my hunt for parts at the right price! Figured no harm in asking this fine community of experts before I try and figure this out the hard way lol

843bandit600
843Bandit600 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-31-2015, 02:05 PM   #2
venturesomerite
Oiler Boilereerer...er(s)

CF Addict
venturesomerite's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:48 PM
Flip Offs: 6
Flipped Off 4 Times in 3 Posts
venturesomerite is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!venturesomerite is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!venturesomerite is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!venturesomerite is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!venturesomerite is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!venturesomerite is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!venturesomerite is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!venturesomerite is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!venturesomerite is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!venturesomerite is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!venturesomerite is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Re: fitting Gsxr1100 carbs for b12 motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 843Bandit600 View Post
So I got my hands on a rack of 92 GSXR 1100 carbs to fit on my bandit; the only thing is neither the motor nor the carbs came with the boots so now I'm doing the ebay hunt for some 40mm boots that I can slap on. Does anyone know the size of b12 boots? Can I literally squeeze by with using a set for the 1100 carb? The only reason I ask is in hopes of broadening my hunt for parts at the right price! Figured no harm in asking this fine community of experts before I try and figure this out the hard way lol
What year b12?

~~~Brian

*** Sorry, had all my pics hosted on photobucket and they turned out to be a greedy cunt. Working on getting them all hosted elsewhere, and slowly fixing 5 billion pictures.

Uglier Better - 1996 Suzuki Katana 600 that wants to be a Gixxer

Coffee Pot - 1983 Yamaha Virago 920 - A cafe build on the super duper cheap.
venturesomerite is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-31-2015, 07:14 PM   #3
843Bandit600
Broke BUT Eager NOOB
Noobie
843Bandit600's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:48 AM
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
843Bandit600 is well liked843Bandit600 is well liked843Bandit600 is well liked843Bandit600 is well liked843Bandit600 is well liked843Bandit600 is well liked843Bandit600 is well liked

I currently have an 02 motor. What years would i need that can fit the 40s?

843bandit600
843Bandit600 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-19-2016, 08:10 AM   #4
FrenchFries
GURU
CF Addict
Local Time: 01:48 PM
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
FrenchFries is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!FrenchFries is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!FrenchFries is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!FrenchFries is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!FrenchFries is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!FrenchFries is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!FrenchFries is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!FrenchFries is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!FrenchFries is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!FrenchFries is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!FrenchFries is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

So they are canadian gsxr 1100 carbs you're saying?

US gsxr1100 carbs are 36. same as 1st gen bandit carbs. you sure they're 40s?

Spacing is the same on all oil cooled suzukis. If you have 40mm canadian gsxr carbs. Then yes you will need the bigger intake boots to the engine. not a chance in hell squeezing them into the bandit boots. I wouldn't bet on it anyway.
FrenchFries is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Technical Section > Street Fighter Swaps