ZX600 A3 Top Yoke Swap ? to fit normal handlebars - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Technical Section > Street Fighter Swaps > Fork Swaps

Fork Swaps Fork and Front End Swap Discussion goes here

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > ZX600 A3 Top Yoke Swap ? to fit normal handlebars

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-10-2017, 02:21 PM   #1
GrimCrimsonKwak
Joined 10/09/17
Noobie
Local Time: 03:04 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
GrimCrimsonKwak is a NOOB
Question ZX600 A3 Top Yoke Swap ? to fit normal handlebars

Hi All,

Got a 1987 Kawasaki GPZ600R (ZX600 - A3) and wondered if anyone knew of any yokes that would fit as a good swap ? as i want normal handlebars instead of the clip on style bars already on there, any help or information would be amazing as im completely stuck.

Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sf 1.jpeg
Views:	26
Size:	2.39 MB
ID:	97506  
GrimCrimsonKwak is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-10-2017, 04:24 PM   #2
CK 187
CAPTAIN AWESOMEŽ

CK 187's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:04 AM
Flip Offs: 631
Flipped Off 470 Times in 171 Posts
CK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too much
Default Medal Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 
Default Re: ZX600 A3 Top Yoke Swap ? to fit normal handlebars

Got a drill?
CK 187 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived CK 187!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-10-2017, 04:27 PM   #3
GrimCrimsonKwak
Joined 10/09/17
Noobie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK 187 View Post
Got a drill?
Haha yes i do! and i know where this is going! haha I was thinking of JB welding (or just industrial metal filler weld stuff) the top and bottom for strength and drilling in some holes for risers yes haha just thought it would look nicer and cleaner with a different yoke on it
GrimCrimsonKwak is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-10-2017, 04:52 PM   #4
RatFighter
UnicycleMode

RatFighter's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 190
Flipped Off 111 Times in 48 Posts
RatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

Sounds about like it's time to get out the hack saw the the file.

'85 ZX6A1, just chopped off the bars so it left the caps in place for the top of the air forks, and just drilled through the thickest part of the yoke (I think it was the bottom of 2 bolts that hold the handlebar on, just drill it out to spec for the riser bolt) but it's been nearly 10 years since this bike was around. The end result of the thing, after extensive modification and part swapping, was quite a special creature. Every now and again "zed" comes up in conversation with my brother and we both laugh and joke about how incredibly fun it was to build, and to ride.

No explanation of modifying a ZX6A is complete without proof they are as hooligan as anything out there once you got some dirtbike bars on 'em.

I really gotta fix the pics on the zed build thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zweihammer View Post
Looking at this Large Hadron Collider of a vehicle, I am starting to think the little bastard may have been on to something...
RatFighter is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived RatFighter!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-10-2017, 04:59 PM   #5
GrimCrimsonKwak
Joined 10/09/17
Noobie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatFighter View Post
Sounds about like it's time to get out the hack saw the the file.

'85 ZX6A1, just chopped off the bars so it left the caps in place for the top of the air forks, and just drilled through the thickest part of the yoke (I think it was the bottom of 2 bolts that hold the handlebar on, just drill it out to spec for the riser bolt) but it's been nearly 10 years since this bike was around. The end result of the thing, after extensive modification and part swapping, was quite a special creature. Every now and again "zed" comes up in conversation with my brother and we both laugh and joke about how incredibly fun it was to build, and to ride.

No explanation of modifying a ZX6A is complete without proof they are as hooligan as anything out there once you got some dirtbike bars on 'em.
Whahoolee - YouTube

I really gotta fix the pics on the zed build thread.

That is a beautiful bit of kit there! well done! im impressed on how great it looks haha! and i bet it was a right good laugh! and thanks for the advice it has helped a lot, that looks a hell of a lot better than I was expecting! I think I will just do that! i didnt think to cut the bars OFF and leave the plate behind.... thats why i love this forum and the people on it!
This user High Fived GrimCrimsonKwak!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-31-2017, 07:08 AM   #6
GrimCrimsonKwak
Joined 10/09/17
Noobie

Okay!! Update time haha picked up some yokes from a 90's triumph trident 900 and bought some 30x52x16 and 25x47x15 tapered bearings to make it fit , the steering stop blocks on the bottom yoke even line up and work perfectly! haha! stops it right before it hits anything, proud of that! so now I can use 43mm diameter forks from the trident to clean the front up a bit and use normal handlebars and risers, then planning on fitting the tridents rear swingarm to fit daytona rims so I can use a 190 rear tyre! and those quite tasty looking nissin calipers ill try and keep you updated!!
This user High Fived GrimCrimsonKwak!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Technical Section > Street Fighter Swaps > Fork Swaps