Durafix review - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Technical Section > Heavy Metal

Heavy Metal Anything to do with welding, bending and fabricating things from metal goes in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Durafix review

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-18-2018, 09:37 AM   #1
titan
hooligan quads

CF Addict
titan's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:25 PM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 14 Times in 2 Posts
titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 
Default Durafix review

So I ordered a single rod to have a play with. The reason is I don't access to electrics in the garage so can't run a welder so figured this may help for some small bits. I will admit I'm shit at this, nerve damage means I have a slight shake. Anyway

So a single rod was brought of eBay. I have used brazing rods in the passed when I made doors on the RZR and it's was plenty strong but tbh my mate did most of it.

The bit that I really wanted to try was setting a thread.

Grabbed some scrap ally out the box. And tryed putting a couple of bit together.

Then tryed setting a thread

It's a bit fiddly but got something sorted in the end

So yes it does work, no it's not easy. Takes alot to warm the bit up and you run the risk of damaging thin ally but with a bit of practice I think you could get some nice welds with it. I think I'll look at welding methods once I get moved but good to know it's there if I need it.

And a bonus of that I get a pen holder out of it

ride it like you stole it

Customization not Restoration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.
2019 build off - build - chat
titan is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived titan!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Technical Section > Heavy Metal