oil.... - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Technical Section > Making Power

Making Power Anything to do with fabricating and modifying engines, carbs, ignition, etc. goes in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > oil....

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-30-2018, 10:04 PM   #1
Mongoose
GURU

CF Addict
Mongoose's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:45 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 8 Times in 8 Posts
Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 
Default oil....

so for reasons.. im getting rid of the stock cooler... and now im looking to save myself a heap of machining...

was wondering where i could mount another cooler.. i was thinking between the main and sub gallery as there's already a hose connecting them.. should work? maybe? dont really think i can just dump the main gallery back into the pan just going through the cooler? any better places?

Mongoose is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-01-2018, 02:08 AM   #2
rfesu
NoObie
Noobie
Local Time: 10:45 AM
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
rfesu is a NOOB
Default Re: oil....

Quote:
i was thinking between the main and sub gallery as there's already a hose connecting them..
i'd go for it. as long as a decent amount of oil flows through the cooler, in reality, it'll all eventually get cooled, right?

the original location should theoretically perform best, it's under maximum pressure, which radiators do benefit from, and as much oil as possible is circulated through it, that's why they put it there.. so i'd be going for a bigger cooler to make up for it.
rfesu is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-01-2018, 11:32 AM   #3
mcantar
Fuck it, let's do it live

CF Pimp
mcantar's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:45 PM
Flip Offs: 44
Flipped Off 21 Times in 20 Posts
mcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympus

I'm missing something here. I get upgrading/relocating the actual cooler, but why can't you use the OEM hose locations?

Hypermotard 1100S the weight-shavening.
Bandit 1200 cafe/fighter that will never get finished at this rate.
Turbo Busa v2 2017 Buildoff.
Turbo Busa V1.2 2016 Buildoff.
Turbo Busa v1.1
919 Hornet build'n'flip, lotsa electrical diagnostic info in there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poopie View Post
Everything should be turbo'd, and what the fuck is a budget?
mcantar is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-01-2018, 11:50 AM   #4
Mongoose
GURU

CF Addict
Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 

The oem uses a water cooler for the oil.. Which is a sandwhich cooler tjing between the adapter/block etc and filter... So a lot of work to keep the same set up and take off for an air cooler in the same spot...

Id keep the water cooler.. But rad is going under the seat.. Feel this is easier.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-01-2018, 12:13 PM   #5
XxGRYMMxX
Breaking shit...
CF Pimp
XxGRYMMxX's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:45 PM
Flip Offs: 8
Flipped Off 13 Times in 10 Posts
XxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on here

underseat rad/cooler, yikes... better have a good fan running on it. Not much airflow under the seat and I wouldnt want one to pop under my balls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcantar View Post
They can ban, outlaw, and restrict whatever they please. I'll keep doing whatever the fuck I'm doing, because I don't really give a shit. The only thing that will change is that I'll be breaking their made up bullshit rules while doing it, and I'm comfortable with that.

My Build http://www.customfighters.com/forums...d.php?t=118649
XxGRYMMxX is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived XxGRYMMxX!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-01-2018, 12:36 PM   #6
Mongoose
GURU

CF Addict
Fighter of the Month 

Bein' cool aint easy.. Pun... Intended
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-01-2018, 11:55 PM   #7
Mongoose
GURU

CF Addict
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxGRYMMxX View Post
underseat rad/cooler, yikes... better have a good fan running on it. Not much airflow under the seat and I wouldnt want one to pop under my balls.
never had a problem with heat... but well see.. not cutting anything up until tested..
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-02-2018, 06:53 AM   #8
RoughD
Noobie
Local Time: 07:45 PM
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
RoughD is a NOOB

could you use one of those aftermarket car oil cooler take offs that actually fit in the same place the stock take off for the water pipes go on the original set up ?
RoughD is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Technical Section > Making Power