Is this a stoopid idea...? - Page 4 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Technical Section > Brakes and Suspension

Brakes and Suspension Anything to do with fabricating and modifying brakes and suspension goes in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Is this a stoopid idea...?

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-19-2018, 03:10 AM   #31
rex_saugerty
V four honda whore
rex_saugerty's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:00 AM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 39 Times in 38 Posts
rex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Is this a stoopid idea...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post
im constantly amazed at how afraid people are to touch the rear brake.
it's not that i'm affraid. it's just i did some learning on track and got used to use just front

1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0
rex_saugerty is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-19-2018, 03:46 PM   #32
Mongoose
GURU

CF Addict
Mongoose's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:00 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 8 Times in 8 Posts
Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 

I dunno its a key part of smoothness, any time the tire is on the deck it can be used to slow you down, put less pitch in the bike while doing it... It can be used to tighen up a turn, control wheelies.. Even use it when backing it in...

Hell motogp,bsb,wsb etc theyre all using it for like half the lap
Mongoose is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Mongoose!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-19-2018, 04:06 PM   #33
remfanuk
Fighter
Local Time: 12:00 AM
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
remfanuk is a name known to allremfanuk is a name known to allremfanuk is a name known to allremfanuk is a name known to allremfanuk is a name known to allremfanuk is a name known to allremfanuk is a name known to allremfanuk is a name known to allremfanuk is a name known to allremfanuk is a name known to allremfanuk is a name known to all

I did go the Tygon route in the end...

I havent quite got myself not thinking about a thumb rear brake! is that another can o' worms?
remfanuk is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived remfanuk!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-19-2018, 11:11 PM   #34
crazyjon's
GURU
Fighterer
crazyjon's's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 17
Flipped Off 5 Times in 4 Posts
crazyjon's has a brilliant futurecrazyjon's has a brilliant futurecrazyjon's has a brilliant futurecrazyjon's has a brilliant futurecrazyjon's has a brilliant futurecrazyjon's has a brilliant futurecrazyjon's has a brilliant futurecrazyjon's has a brilliant futurecrazyjon's has a brilliant futurecrazyjon's has a brilliant futurecrazyjon's has a brilliant future

Yes it is a can o worms but it's a cool one! Hands are much better suited for the kind of control mongoose is talking about.

Rex and I will probably just continue relying on the GOOD brake!

Ok, I cant say that... That was a well written rebuttal mongooze . I wont argue with that.

"Practice till the hot brass burns the cheeks of your ass" F. Bob Chow
crazyjon's is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived crazyjon's!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-19-2018, 11:55 PM   #35
mcantar
Fuck it, let's do it live

CF Pimp
mcantar's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:00 PM
Flip Offs: 44
Flipped Off 21 Times in 20 Posts
mcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympus

Above a certain level, rear brakes are absolutely a critical component that makes a measurable difference in how much control you have with the suspension and corner entry/exits.

At the level most of us are at, they're not worth much and are a major cause of crashes for new riders. Personally all I ever use mine for is low-speed parking lot maneuvering and locking up the rear wheel to slide it around.

So you're both right. Now shut the fuck up and give the man his thread back.

Hypermotard 1100S the weight-shavening.
Bandit 1200 cafe/fighter that will never get finished at this rate.
Turbo Busa v2 2017 Buildoff.
Turbo Busa V1.2 2016 Buildoff.
Turbo Busa v1.1
919 Hornet build'n'flip, lotsa electrical diagnostic info in there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poopie View Post
Everything should be turbo'd, and what the fuck is a budget?
mcantar is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived mcantar!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-20-2018, 02:55 AM   #36
rex_saugerty
V four honda whore
rex_saugerty's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:00 AM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 39 Times in 38 Posts
rex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcantar View Post

So you're both right. Now shut the fuck up and give the man his thread back.

1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0
rex_saugerty is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived rex_saugerty!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-20-2018, 08:08 AM   #37
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:00 AM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post
well i dont really feel like arguing on the usefulness of the rear brake.. but.. good luck going fast.
Also extremely helpful for the average street rider when going slow.

Neither front nor rear brakes are ornaments
They both have specific purposes, and any rider at any skill level should be using both on a constant basis.

If a "noob" wrecks a bike due to using the rear brake he had some learning to do well before that crash.
shinyribs is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived shinyribs!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-20-2018, 11:05 AM   #38
Mongoose
GURU

CF Addict
Mongoose's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flipped Off 8 Times in 8 Posts
Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyribs View Post

They both have specific purposes, and any rider at any skill level should be using both on a constant basis.

If a "noob" wrecks a bike due to using the rear brake he had some learning to do well before that crash.
Ironically.. Thats when i tend to least use it.. No idea why lol
Mongoose is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-20-2018, 12:21 PM   #39
remfanuk
Fighter
Local Time: 12:00 AM
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
remfanuk is a name known to allremfanuk is a name known to allremfanuk is a name known to allremfanuk is a name known to allremfanuk is a name known to allremfanuk is a name known to allremfanuk is a name known to allremfanuk is a name known to allremfanuk is a name known to allremfanuk is a name known to allremfanuk is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyribs View Post

Couldn't agree more with what you say here Shiny.
remfanuk is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Technical Section > Brakes and Suspension