antigravity battery swelling - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Technical Section > Electrical and Lights

Electrical and Lights Anything related to the fabrication of lights and other electrical components goes in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > antigravity battery swelling

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-15-2019, 11:37 AM   #1
rabies
time is running out......

Senior Fighterer
rabies's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:02 PM
Flip Offs: 1,393
Flipped Off 39 Times in 35 Posts
rabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to behold
Default antigravity battery swelling

4 cell. worked fine. fit in a metal "oil" container. was not air tight.
it swelled. not even a month of use.
normal? not vented enough?
was $100 from lowbrocustoms

rabies is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-15-2019, 11:47 AM   #2
a_morti
GURU

CF Addict
Local Time: 12:02 AM
Flip Offs: 24
Flipped Off 24 Times in 14 Posts
a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Re: antigravity battery swelling

That's not looking happy! They can catch fire so not sure if you even could return for inspection.

Check the charging voltage, maybe your bike is voer charging? Is the regulator somewhere without adequate cooling?

Aaron, living in Gibraltar and riding a 2014 MSX125 (Grom) with a bunch of shiny shite on it. Slow n loud!
a_morti is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-15-2019, 12:19 PM   #3
rabies

Senior Fighterer
rabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to behold

mounted right on the side of the box. plenty of air.
its not the same reg that's on my 78 kz650.
this reg has 3 yellow wires. 1 black wire. 1 red wire. and a brown wire that is snipped.
my 78 kz650 has 2 yellow wires and 1 yellowblack
this is a 79 kz650

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-15-2019, 12:57 PM   #4
Junkie
re-tarded
CF Addict
Junkie's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:02 PM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Junkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to all
Fighter of the Month 

check the voltage with the bike running, overcharging them can do that

A steering damper dampens steering oscillations. If it starts to leak, it may become a steering dampener. There's no such thing as a dampner.

Bikes: naked SV1000 with all the possible bling, WR450SM street legal, 450XCF SM trackbike
Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-15-2019, 01:06 PM   #5
rabies

Senior Fighterer

dang..
I found this
https://ricksmotorsportelectrics.com...fierregulator/
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-15-2019, 01:58 PM   #6
rex_saugerty
V four honda whore
rex_saugerty's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:02 AM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 39 Times in 38 Posts
rex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

One of lithium cells is dead or going to die

1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0
rex_saugerty is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-15-2019, 02:11 PM   #7
rabies

Senior Fighterer

says it has warranty
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-13-2019, 10:12 AM   #8
tldave
CF Addict
tldave's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:02 PM
Flip Offs: 5
Flipped Off 71 Times in 42 Posts
tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

just a heads up, lion batteries like that can decided to give way at any time, and create a lot of fire that does not go out easily.
tldave is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived tldave!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-14-2019, 08:29 PM   #9
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:02 PM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tldave View Post
just a heads up, lion batteries like that can decided to give way at any time, and create a lot of fire that does not go out easily.
Yeah. Rabies, get that battery out of your shop if you haven't already.
shinyribs is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-14-2019, 09:10 PM   #10
Zweihammer
Misfit

Fighterer
Zweihammer's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:02 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Had two of those exact batteries fail spectacularly. One was on a charger in my shop, came out to find a hole burned through the case. I was lucky nothing flammable was near by as I had pulled it from the bike to charge it. The second one was me being a dumb ass, I put it in my riding mower when it’s battery was dead and I was impatient to get the lawn mowed. I ran it for half an hour and when I lifted the seat to swap it back out it was very swollen, hot, and starting to smoke. Overcharged, I imagine from the crude system in the mower. I cut the wires and tossed it in a steel bucket in the driveway, it was still hot to the touch an hour later.
I guess I am not sophisticated enough for the fancy stuff.

2019 Winter Build Off Bike

2019 Winter Build Off Chit Chat

Bones heal, chicks dig scars, pain is temporary, glory is forever. E. Knievel
Zweihammer is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Zweihammer!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Technical Section > Electrical and Lights