Kids ATV into crosskart project - Page 4 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Other Motorcycle Discussion

Other Motorcycle Discussion Anything about any other type of motorcycle goes in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Kids ATV into crosskart project

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-15-2019, 02:23 AM   #31
Mattson
Stressed Member
Mattson's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:02 AM
Flip Offs: 24
Flipped Off 33 Times in 21 Posts
Mattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Kids ATV into crosskart project

Quote:
Originally Posted by beezwiz View Post
Matti,
Ya have made everything else so far... make the seat too.
Gave it a thought, did some numbers, can't match an ebay fiberglass gokart seat from germany even if I don't value the work worth a cent. Could be higher but good enough, slap some self adhesive foam in it, get a neckrest off some old 200 series volvo off the scrapyard, weld it to the crossbeam behind the seat and call it a day. Not gonna be winning any beauty prizes with this anyway and need it off the table asap so I can start on the trike project as soon as a suitable atv pops up near enough to go grab.

Benelli Tornado TRE Novecento 2006
EX: Triumph Daytona 955i DSSA 2002 Fighter
My homebrew blog thread thingy: Oddball Brewery
Mattson is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-15-2019, 11:25 AM   #32
rex_saugerty
V four honda whore
rex_saugerty's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 39 Times in 38 Posts
rex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

You mean snowmobile. You want a two stroke

1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0
rex_saugerty is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-15-2019, 11:57 AM   #33
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:02 AM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

This thread brings back memories

The Dingo I had as a kid had a bar over your head, but no full roll cage. Also didn't have a legitimate seat, just some vinyl covered foam velcro'd the the thing. Any old chair cushions would do the trick.

Mine didn't have a seat this nice, but there wasn't a lot of frame work going on. Damn thing also didn't have a switch for the ignition, so the only way to turn it off was a metal spike on a spring mounted to the cylinder head. When you pushed the spike through the plug boot it would ground the plug, killing the engine, and shocking the hell out of me. Even as a kid I knew it was janky, but who knows how many miles I put on that little thing. TBH, wouldn't mind having one again.

shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived shinyribs!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-15-2019, 12:04 PM   #34
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

13hp will give you whoolies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=WruMgmZOomk
This user High Fived shinyribs!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-20-2019, 12:40 PM   #35
Mattson
Stressed Member
Mattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month 

Had a stroke of luck today at work. The family that owns the building where our local mail sorting depot is located are racing in a nordic rallycross series called Folk Racing. As I was loading up today I heard someone flying sparks in the workshop so decided to pay them a visit to ask if they would know of a place where I could get a seat for the crosskart. maybe out of an old go-kart or sth. The guy pulled his beard for a while and told me to follow. I was taken into the oldest dustiest corner of the attic where no one had clearly been in years, watched the guy shuffle through a flock of milk trolleys until I heard "ah here it is!"

A genuine Sparco junior cup seat from their starter years and a six point MOMO harness, both scuffed and tarnished from years and years of both use and storage after getting retired when the date stamps went cold thus preventing racing use. 40eur for the seat, and another for the harness, not bad IMO as every alternative I`ve found so far would have cost more.

The pedestal the seat currently sits on is clearly too high and needs to be cut, the younger kid is clearly too small to drive the whole thing for a couple years but there`s go-arounds for that later...

These people High Fived Mattson!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-20-2019, 06:08 PM   #36
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
Fighter of the Month 

Score!

I've learned to always strike up a chat when you can. Not that I'm always looking for freebies, but you never know where it might lead. Your basic builder/fabber/racer types are usually very generous.
These people High Fived shinyribs!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-27-2019, 04:46 PM   #37
Mattson
Stressed Member
Fighter of the Month 

Ermmm need those big brains of you guys for a second. Started lining up the engine and found out it would sit almost entirely to the right of the centerline of the vehicle, doable albeit inconvenient. Then went to get a 420 chain as per the sprocket fixed in the centrifugal clutch and found out the sprocket on the back axel is not a 420 but bigger... Also when spinning the axel I found out the bearings are quite thoroughly and comprehensively fucked.

Now I have one concern and one question I need answers for.

C: I wonder if the 420 chain will be able to take the brunt of a 6.5hp engine, I suppose the clutch should make it's job slightly easier.

Q: how the bloody fuck do you take an axel like this apart?!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-27-2019, 05:03 PM   #38
Junkie
re-tarded
CF Addict
Junkie's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:02 PM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Junkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to all
Fighter of the Month 

I think people run 420 chains on Ninja 250s for race application and while they don't last as long, I doubt you'll be putting *that* many hours on this... but I don't know. A little googling even shows people running 415 chains.

I wouldn't worry about running a 420 chain with 6.5hp if you keep an eye on it.

Wish I could help on getting the axle apart, I've never worked on one.

A steering damper dampens steering oscillations. If it starts to leak, it may become a steering dampener. There's no such thing as a dampner.

Bikes: naked SV1000 with all the possible bling, WR450SM street legal, 450XCF SM trackbike
Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Junkie!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-27-2019, 07:07 PM   #39
Mattson
Stressed Member
Fighter of the Month 

From what I gather you should be able to strike the axel out, but I cannot determine to which direction as both the sprocket AND the brake disc sits INSIDE their respective hubs, and to further complicate matters neither is locked in place by a securing nut as have been the case on all of the youtube videos I`ve seen about other ATV rear axels of somewhat similar construction.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-27-2019, 10:31 PM   #40
SEBSPEED
V4's FTW
SEBSPEED's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 53
Flipped Off 57 Times in 47 Posts
SEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

Circlip instead of a nut?

Find me on Facebook at Sebspeed Customs

Float like a Goldwing, sting like a gixxer

2015 FOTY VFR750

2016 threads
Turbo 7/11

750 Slingshot
Discussion thread

2017 thread
VFR800 Build
SEBSPEED is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Other Motorcycle Discussion