So you want to buy a La-Z-Boy... - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Off Topic > Bitch Forum

Bitch Forum You want to bitch about something or someone? Do it in here... all drama outside of this forum will be DELETED!

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > So you want to buy a La-Z-Boy...

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-04-2014, 02:54 PM   #1
MikeGyver
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
MikeGyver's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:59 PM
Flip Offs: 309
Flipped Off 170 Times in 147 Posts
MikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too much
Default Medal Fighter of the Month 
Default So you want to buy a La-Z-Boy...

My wife and I bought a La-Z-Boy a few months before our 2nd son was born. We wanted a nice chair for the living room so we could rock him to sleep and such. The chair was a nightmare from day 1. It squeaked super loud and they weren't able to fix it after 2 attempts so I gave up asking them to fix it. The final straw came when our son started picking up 1/8" ball bearings from around the chair. I flipped the chair over and noticed a screw was crossthreaded and crooked and it supported a bearing. I called and had a service person come out again. He told my wife the chair didn't have ball bearings and they must have come from a child's toy and he would order a replacement part to fix the squeak. I took the bearings to the store we bought the chair from. They insisted the chair has no bearings. I started flipping chairs over one at a time until I found the one that looked like ours and pointed out the bearings which could easily be identified with a flashlight from my phone. They relented and gave me a number to some district manager who somewhat helped me get a new chair. F THEM! Here is my final email to him, worth the read:

Quote:
Hi Aaron,

I wanted to let you know we received our replacement chair on Friday. Thank you for helping me get through to La-Z-Boy when they were unwilling to listen to my requests. I ended up having to escalate even further to finally get the approval for a replacement. I was shocked by this whole ordeal and how uneducated everyone is regarding the this chair.

The final delivery went just like all other interactions with La-Z-Boy and their contracted repair people. My wife asked why the replacement chair did not swivel. The delivery people told her she needed to remove 2 screws from the bottom. My wife asked them to do it since it was done with the first chair, and honestly why would the customer need to remove screws for the chair to function as intended? They provided her with an allen wrench which they told her was the wrong size, but she could show it to her husband (me) so he could find the right size and remove the screws. They did not offer to go buy the correct tool or return with one to remove the screws. I have since removed the screws and the chair works as it should.

From the moment we purchased the chair until now has been one nonstop headache. Not 1 thing went smoothly. Delivery with torn fabric. The repairman who fixed the repair stinking up my house with is excrement. The repairman not fixing the squeak the first or the second time. The repairman telling us the ball bearings came from a kids toy and not the chair. The sales people at the store again telling me the bearings are not from the chair until I flipped one of their chairs over to show them the bearings. The mutliple attempts to reject my request for a new chair. The delivery guys telling my wife she needed to figure out how to get the screws out.

At least this headache provides me a good story to tell family and friends come the holidays.

Regards,
Mike

'98 Ducati 916
'00 Ducati 996
'03 SV650(sold)

Skully Stickers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danbuc View Post
yell, "Built not bought mother fucker!" in there face and then spit on their bike and walk off.
MikeGyver is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived MikeGyver!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-04-2014, 03:03 PM   #2
Ahks
Feckin Eejit!

Ahks's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:59 PM
Flip Offs: 28
Flipped Off 24 Times in 22 Posts
Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Re: So you want to buy a La-Z-Boy...

Yay another Michigan company! This time screwing customers around.
Pretty sure I got better product support for a table I bought at big lots
Ahks is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-04-2014, 05:34 PM   #3
MikeGyver
MikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too much

I was very nice to them through the whole process until they said the bearings were not from the chair.

'98 Ducati 916
'00 Ducati 996
'03 SV650(sold)

Skully Stickers

Quote:
yell, "Built not bought mother fucker!" in there face and then spit on their bike and walk off.
This user High Fived MikeGyver!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-05-2014, 02:23 AM   #4
jerryatrophy
we are 138
jerryatrophy's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 79
Flipped Off 26 Times in 19 Posts
jerryatrophy spends too much time on herejerryatrophy spends too much time on herejerryatrophy spends too much time on herejerryatrophy spends too much time on herejerryatrophy spends too much time on herejerryatrophy spends too much time on herejerryatrophy spends too much time on herejerryatrophy spends too much time on herejerryatrophy spends too much time on herejerryatrophy spends too much time on herejerryatrophy spends too much time on here

I went to lazyboy when i bought my first house. I tried really hard to find one i liked. They were all awkward or to big. Noone tried to help me. So i gave ashley furniture $600 for a chair im still enjoying 6 years later.
jerryatrophy is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived jerryatrophy!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-06-2014, 03:29 PM   #5
RaZed1
GURU
Senior Fighterer
RaZed1's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:59 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
RaZed1 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RaZed1 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RaZed1 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RaZed1 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RaZed1 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RaZed1 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RaZed1 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RaZed1 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RaZed1 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RaZed1 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RaZed1 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

We used to have a la-z-boy recliner, it was the biggest POS. The cushioning went flat very quickly, it would squeak whenever you sat down or got up, the recliner handle didn't stay on, and after about 2 years the fabric was ripping apart on the seams. The mechanism for the recliner jammed up, at which point it went in the trash. It wasn't a particularly comfortable chair either.

Too bad, another American company that just rides on "being American" and having a recognized brand name to sell product rather than quality.
RaZed1 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived RaZed1!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-06-2014, 06:24 PM   #6
MikeGyver

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaZed1 View Post
The cushioning went flat very quickly
Funny you mentioned that. I noticed how much higher I sit in the replacement chair vs the one that was taken away. I am guessing this one will only last 2 years or so until I drop it back off at their store for them to dispose of.

'98 Ducati 916
'00 Ducati 996
'03 SV650(sold)

Skully Stickers

Quote:
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-06-2014, 07:53 PM   #7
ROBBO
MAJOR FOOKIN' CATASTROPHY
ROBBO's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 643
Flipped Off 1,366 Times in 753 Posts
ROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month Default Medal Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

tha name says it al Mike!

La~Z~Boy....designd by one bilt by one sold by one serviced by one ,sux ta be tha bloke workin his arse of ta buy one cos there soooo fookin expensive.

next tme getta 'hard~workin~boy'

...ALL FOR ONE AND ONE FOR ALL...
ROBBO' 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoker View Post

Fucking reaper better fear me.
ROBBO is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived ROBBO!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-08-2014, 08:30 AM   #8
CB350Cafe first build
Fighterer
5400's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
5400 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!5400 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!5400 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!5400 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!5400 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!5400 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!5400 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!5400 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!5400 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!5400 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!5400 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Sorry to hear of your woes man! I fear that it will only get worse. Based on your feedback, I would never even consider a La-Z-Boy.

I always file my complaint the best way I know how--take my business elsewhere. I have an Ariens snow thrower, I take really good care of her, and she's been outside of the warranty period for some time now. They tried too hard to ship me parts on a legitimate warranty/manufacturers defect...wrong ship-to, damaged parts in transit, etc etc, at the end of the ordeal, I ended up with 3-sets of replacement parts!? Its like the opposite of your experience...HYPER customer service, immediate response, shipping me free components to rectify a legitimate manufacturer defect...I was stunned.

I had similar a experience at NAPA to yours, and have not been back for over 5 years--I used to spend a couple grand a year there.

What happened to taking pride in what we do? All the way from the top, through customer service, down to the repair people. Shameful.

Please post their follow-up to you--if they even do follow-up.

"I hope you kids see what a silly waste of resources this was. He worked really hard, Grandma. So do washing machines."
5400 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-08-2014, 11:29 AM   #9
MikeGyver

His response:

Quote:
I appreciate the follow up and apologize that that there have been mis-steps with your case. I am sending your email to our Distribution Center to further review our policies concerning removing these packing bolts.

Please do not hesitate to contract me if you have any service concerns in the future.

My regards,

Aaron*

'98 Ducati 916
'00 Ducati 996
'03 SV650(sold)

Skully Stickers

Quote:
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-08-2014, 06:13 PM   #10
ROBBO
MAJOR FOOKIN' CATASTROPHY
ROBBO's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 643
Flipped Off 1,366 Times in 753 Posts
ROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month Default Medal Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGyver View Post
His response:

un-fookin-real!

...ALL FOR ONE AND ONE FOR ALL...
ROBBO' 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoker View Post

Fucking reaper better fear me.
ROBBO is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Off Topic > Bitch Forum