Shiny's adventure with dirtbikes - Page 53 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Dirty Tards & Minis

Dirty Tards & Minis Everything about dirtbikes, motards and minis goes in here!

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Shiny's adventure with dirtbikes

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-19-2019, 12:41 PM   #521
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:53 AM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Shiny's adventure with dirtbikes

Ok, I'm new to this and need editing software ( color grading is awful), but I spent some quality time with my girls this weekend

And a trip around the main loop

http://youtu.be/UDLTUzecvdE
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived shinyribs!
The Following User Says F-U to shinyribs For This Post:
Cookie2000ad (08-19-2019)

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-19-2019, 01:47 PM   #522
Junkie
re-tarded
CF Addict
Junkie's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:53 AM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Junkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to all
Fighter of the Month 

second one doesn't work for me

A steering damper dampens steering oscillations. If it starts to leak, it may become a steering dampener. There's no such thing as a dampner.

Bikes: naked SV1000 with all the possible bling, WR450SM street legal, 450XCF SM trackbike
Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-19-2019, 01:49 PM   #523
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

Maybe better now? I dunno what's up there.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-19-2019, 02:29 PM   #524
Cookie2000ad
Persuasion Engineered
Cookie2000ad's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:53 AM
Flip Offs: 166
Flipped Off 59 Times in 27 Posts
Cookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CK
Default Medal Burnout Contest Winner Fighter of the Month 

They work for me. Man, I'm jealous of all the running-around space you have out there!
Cookie2000ad is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Cookie2000ad!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-19-2019, 03:50 PM   #525
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
Fighter of the Month 

Technical difficulties on the second. Will revisit.

But yeah, I'm so grateful to live where I do.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-19-2019, 06:11 PM   #526
Junkie
re-tarded
CF Addict
Junkie's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:53 AM
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Junkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to all
Fighter of the Month 

second one worked for me once you edited the post

A steering damper dampens steering oscillations. If it starts to leak, it may become a steering dampener. There's no such thing as a dampner.

Bikes: naked SV1000 with all the possible bling, WR450SM street legal, 450XCF SM trackbike
Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-25-2019, 10:06 PM   #527
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
Fighter of the Month 

Fixed

A buddy came over to ride. He ran in to a bit of trouble and gave me a scare, but now we have this cool gif that got made of it.

Quote:
And hey, now you can be a gif forever. Kinda looks like a horror movie, being dragged off camera by some unseen being

Camera doesn't do it justice. He really was less than a foot of going over a 20' straight drop. I ended up face planting in to a log when a piece of old fence wire caught my pegs. Stopped the bike immediately and sent me flying face first in to a log. Got a nice hole in my cheek now. Good times in the wood
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-26-2019, 04:01 AM   #528
titan
hooligan quads

CF Addict
titan's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:53 AM
Flipped Off 14 Times in 2 Posts
titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 

give my left nut to live in a place like that

ride it like you stole it

Customization not Restoration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.
2019 build off - build - chat
titan is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived titan!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-26-2019, 11:20 AM   #529
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
Fighter of the Month 

I never take for granted how fortunate I am. I don't have much money, but I'm very grateful for what I do have. Good friends, some spare time and a place to play
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-10-2019, 12:18 AM   #530
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
Fighter of the Month 

So the XL clutch was obviously slipping and it has had a small oi leak since day one. Decided to dive in to that and things got complicated, quick

The cam plug would weep a tiny amount. Looked like this about every couple hundred miles. Annoying

That black cam plug is a stamped steel plug with rubber over-molded. It got installed with a smear of 3bond, so the leak was surprising. Went to pop the head cover off to fix the leak and things went sideways. Damn Honda, no surprise, didn't want you inside this motor so the cover won't come off with the engine in the frame.

Screw that. I'm no purist, so I cut some scallops in some fins so the engine would tip down over the downtube. Can leave the bottom/rear engine mount bolt in this way, so you just pivot the engine around.

Figured it may come in handy for future repairs. I was right. Resealed the head cover and it leaked worse than before. I believe the cam plug was just dry rotted and the oil was actually seeping through the plug, so I turned one up to use an o-ring.

Also, Honda installed a stud in place of what could've been a bolt to further trap the head cover in the frame- forcing you to lift the cover straight up 3" past the stud vs sliding off to the side. Of course, in attempting to remove that stud I ended up snapping it off which lead to drilling it out and a helicoil. Just wanted to seal that little plug and ended up with the head stripped

Turned up another insert for the muffler. Trying to quieten it down a tad. I think it's obvious what I was shooting for here. Of course, it's not pushed all the way in here.

The headlight on this thing was surprising bright for a little 6 volt sealed beam, but it was like a spotlight. The beam shone very far, but it didn't spread at all. Wasn't cutting it. Even a buddy mentioned how bright and white the color of the beam was, so I put a meter on it and it showed 12v at idle. Seems like someone put a later model XR stator on here

Its still AC voltage, but I've got my old LED headlight setup from my XR4 that runs off 12v AC (one of those boxes is a dedicated rectifier), so I'm in the process of fitting that to this bike. Been many times I wanted to take it out, but wasn't comfortable being out past dark. So, gotta fix that.

Gonna reuse the lower mount I made to fit the XR. It's been banged around pretty hard and hes took any abuse I can throw at it, but it attached with 10mm bolts. Don't want to drill holes that large in my lower yoke, so turned up some little reducing washers to fit it on with 6mm bolts. Getting there...

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Dirty Tards & Minis