$175 Gamble - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Other Motorcycle Discussion

Other Motorcycle Discussion Anything about any other type of motorcycle goes in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > $175 Gamble

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-05-2016, 02:28 PM   #1
fredycruger
fuck your face

CF Lover
fredycruger's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:54 PM
Flip Offs: 8
Flipped Off 10 Times in 6 Posts
fredycruger has much to be proud offredycruger has much to be proud offredycruger has much to be proud offredycruger has much to be proud offredycruger has much to be proud offredycruger has much to be proud offredycruger has much to be proud offredycruger has much to be proud offredycruger has much to be proud offredycruger has much to be proud offredycruger has much to be proud of
Winter Buildoff Winner 
Default $175 Gamble

its 03 bombardier ds650

picked this up on Saturday 12032016
I don't know anything about it

guy was asking 400 OBO I hit him with 100 and ended up at 175 ))

he said they put new carb on it but didn't fired up and he didn't have time to diagnose further or he's lying ( I think he is)

hopefully the engine isn't junk . rest of the bike look ok brakes works

haven't had time to work on it but i look it over and right away I see broken boot between engine and carb
my hands are itchy already

winning!!! it came with working battery charger LOL

fredycruger is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived fredycruger!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-05-2016, 02:47 PM   #2
stuarty
Fighter
stuarty's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:54 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
stuarty is a glorious beacon of lightstuarty is a glorious beacon of lightstuarty is a glorious beacon of lightstuarty is a glorious beacon of lightstuarty is a glorious beacon of lightstuarty is a glorious beacon of lightstuarty is a glorious beacon of lightstuarty is a glorious beacon of lightstuarty is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: $175 Gamble

Nice buy there!!!
stuarty is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-05-2016, 06:15 PM   #3
a_morti
GURU

CF Addict
Local Time: 03:54 AM
Flip Offs: 24
Flipped Off 24 Times in 14 Posts
a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Lot for your money!

That engine looks familiar to me, very familiar. Is it the same as a BMW 650gs? I never liked the engine in a bike but they're known to be pretty reliable, people happily ride RTW on them.

One of the big problems on the first model with carbs was split carb boots, so you may well be on to something. Vibration from the engine and age team up to split the rubbers.

Aaron, living in Gibraltar and riding a 2014 MSX125 (Grom) with a bunch of shiny shite on it. Slow n loud!
a_morti is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-05-2016, 07:06 PM   #4
ultimate fighter
Remi's Dad
ultimate fighter's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 1,427
Flipped Off 875 Times in 399 Posts
ultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympus
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_morti View Post
That engine looks familiar to me, very familiar. Is it the same as a BMW 650gs? I never liked the engine in a bike but they're known to be pretty reliable, people happily ride RTW on them.
It looks like a single cylinder watercooled engine with similarities. That would be cool if was the same awesome enngines

UF's 2017 winter buildoff MOE POWA
talk about my junk
Quote:
Originally Posted by yantosh View Post
CB is cool as fuck , proper old skool kick your cunt in for looking at it funny
ultimate fighter is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-06-2016, 08:29 AM   #5
fredycruger
fuck your face

CF Lover
fredycruger has much to be proud offredycruger has much to be proud offredycruger has much to be proud offredycruger has much to be proud offredycruger has much to be proud offredycruger has much to be proud offredycruger has much to be proud offredycruger has much to be proud offredycruger has much to be proud offredycruger has much to be proud offredycruger has much to be proud of
Winter Buildoff Winner 

I think its the same engine used in BMW or other bikes
bikes were fuel injected or had twin carbs ?
its rotax 650 twin spark engine

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-06-2016, 01:53 PM   #6
a_morti
GURU

CF Addict
Local Time: 03:54 AM
Flipped Off 24 Times in 14 Posts
a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

The BMW version had 3 incarnations: first was carbs, second was EFi and third was updated EFi and a twin spark head. They were all in the 50hp ballpark, getting progressively slightly more powerful and significantly more economical. I had the latest version, which was definitely the one to have. It was never a fantastically powerful engine but it was unbelievably fuel-efficient. I hated the characteristics and the vibrations though. It was kind of like driving a old-school non-turbo diesel car: all go at the bottom (relatively) but got asthmatic very early in the rpm range. The sound through the stock twin-can exhaust was also terrible, but I don't really like big open pipes on singles so I left it alone.

The big problem on these engines was the water pump. If yours is faulty it'll have a drip of coolant out the drain hole under the water pump.
http://faq.f650.com/FAQs/Water_Pump_Seal_Repair_FAQ.htm

It was a high mileage problem usually, I doubt a four wheeler sees mega mileage?

Other than that, the actual engines are genuinely tough little cookies.

Aaron, living in Gibraltar and riding a 2014 MSX125 (Grom) with a bunch of shiny shite on it. Slow n loud!
a_morti is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived a_morti!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-06-2016, 03:05 PM   #7
fredycruger
fuck your face

CF Lover
Winter Buildoff Winner 

unfortunately this engine is done .

head will have to come off at least

had little bit of time on my coffee brake to take things apart and took off gas tank and carb

I waned to check if I have spark and compression
had spark , but my compression gauge was too big to fit M12 spark plug hole

than I sprayed some starting fluid into intake and bike fired up briefly but had really bad knock
its ether piston slop or crank

on lunch brake I drained oil and found lot of metal shavings

to me the pieces looks like cylinder lining

which could make sense , when I talk to the guy who sold it 9 yrs ago,dealer told him he need piston rings
and something else he doest remember

I bet it never got fixed and this is the carnage

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-06-2016, 03:07 PM   #8
fredycruger
fuck your face

CF Lover
Winter Buildoff Winner 

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-07-2016, 07:30 AM   #9
Mattson
Stressed Member
Mattson's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:54 AM
Flipped Off 33 Times in 21 Posts
Mattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month 

Jayzus that's nasty. Looks like a case split is in the schedule next.

Benelli Tornado TRE Novecento 2006
EX: Triumph Daytona 955i DSSA 2002 Fighter
My homebrew blog thread thingy: Oddball Brewery
Mattson is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-07-2016, 07:40 AM   #10
rex_saugerty
V four honda whore
rex_saugerty's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:54 AM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 39 Times in 38 Posts
rex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

Looks like little gnomes are busy with mining in your engine

1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0
rex_saugerty is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Other Motorcycle Discussion