Putting digital video camera videos to DVD - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Off Topic > Open Discussion > Byte Fighters

Byte Fighters All computer related discussion goes in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Putting digital video camera videos to DVD

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-31-2017, 05:38 PM   #1
MikeGyver
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
MikeGyver's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:42 AM
Flip Offs: 309
Flipped Off 170 Times in 147 Posts
MikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too much
Default Medal Fighter of the Month 
Default Putting digital video camera videos to DVD

I need some help. I have about 30 minutes of video I took on my digital video camera that I need to burn to a DVD so I can bury my shady pool contractor. The file sizes are over the capacity of a DVD and I would like to put everything on one DVD. Does Windows 10 shrink and burn videos to DVDs? I've never burned to a DVD before.

'98 Ducati 916
'00 Ducati 996
'03 SV650(sold)

Skully Stickers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danbuc View Post
yell, "Built not bought mother fucker!" in there face and then spit on their bike and walk off.
MikeGyver is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-31-2017, 11:42 PM   #2
makenzie71
Fighterer
Local Time: 01:42 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
makenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to all
Default Re: Putting digital video camera videos to DVD

How much effort do you want to put into it? Microsoft Movie Maker is about as easy as it gets...everything is drag and drop....but it's slow. I use it for anything that doesn't require fancy editing.
makenzie71 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-01-2017, 01:46 AM   #3
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:42 PM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

There's a free thing you can download called Handbrake. It will shrink your files about 90% without hurting video quality.

I don't know how it works, but it does.

I save a lot of video and my hard drive was filling up.
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived shinyribs!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-10-2017, 12:56 PM   #4
MikeGyver
MikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too much

Ended up buying Adobe Premier Elements for $70 as an instant download on Amazon. Worked great and the results looked very good with menus and custom image backgrounds.

Thanks for suggestions guys.

'98 Ducati 916
'00 Ducati 996
'03 SV650(sold)

Skully Stickers

Quote:
yell, "Built not bought mother fucker!" in there face and then spit on their bike and walk off.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-10-2017, 01:04 PM   #5
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

$70?!

.... Can't hide money...
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-10-2017, 01:06 PM   #6
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
Fighter of the Month 

Damn, it just crossed my mind.

Windows movie maker. Do you have that? It's been on everything I've had that had Windows. When you edit the video your can "save it for use with email" and it's shrinks the file...Well, for email. Coulda dun dat too.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-10-2017, 01:25 PM   #7
MikeGyver

I looked and looked on my computer and couldn't find anything like that. Windows 10 menus suck. I tried to use some old Premier Elements software my dad had, but it wouldn't recognize the files my video camera made. It was Premier Elements 2, they are now up to 15. I tried to download the Microsoft Movie Maker and Handbrake you guys mentioned but neither of them would work on my computer with the files. I didn't want to pay monies, but I needed to get the damn DVD made and mailed out with the claim on the contractors bond.

'98 Ducati 916
'00 Ducati 996
'03 SV650(sold)

Skully Stickers

Quote:
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-10-2017, 01:27 PM   #8
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
Fighter of the Month 

Win 10 sounds like hell. So glad Ahks saved me from it.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-10-2017, 01:29 PM   #9
MikeGyver

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyribs View Post
Win 10 sounds like hell. So glad Ahks saved me from it.
The jump from 7 to 10 is like going from Windows to Mac, not even the same world. Microsoft really f'ed it up.

'98 Ducati 916
'00 Ducati 996
'03 SV650(sold)

Skully Stickers

Quote:

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Off Topic > Open Discussion > Byte Fighters