Batavus Starflite - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Dirty Tards & Minis

Dirty Tards & Minis Everything about dirtbikes, motards and minis goes in here!

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Batavus Starflite

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-11-2017, 01:13 AM   #1
excellrec
Fighter In Training
Local Time: 07:11 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
excellrec has a brilliant futureexcellrec has a brilliant futureexcellrec has a brilliant futureexcellrec has a brilliant futureexcellrec has a brilliant futureexcellrec has a brilliant futureexcellrec has a brilliant futureexcellrec has a brilliant futureexcellrec has a brilliant futureexcellrec has a brilliant futureexcellrec has a brilliant future
Default Batavus Starflite

I've been working on modifying a Batavus Starflite for a few months. My documentation has been less than stellar, but I figured I would start a post and maybe that would help. Someone gave me a Starflite like the one below:

I tossed most of the parts and started with the bare frame (no pic). So far I have:

-added a top bar and chopped some unnecessary bits off
-made triple trees and bar clamps
-made adapters to go from the tiny head tube diameter to large enough diameter to fit the smallest all balls tapered bearings
-Made a swingarm with bearings (stock these things had literally nothing for bearings in the swingarm)
-resprung some small Marzocchi forks and mounted them up
-fit a mono-shock, which is being replaced with a yss mono for a grom (the one pictured is way too soft)
-modified the hell out of the motor

This brings us to about here:

I made a front headlight setup that pivots on the bottom and mounts to the bottom triple tree:

Made an adapter hub to mount a disc brake rotor to where a drum brake used to be:

Now I've waiting on a different caliper to come in (the Brembo I had gotten won't work unfortunately) so I can finish the front brake setup.

I still have to make the intake/reed setup for the motor and then make a pipe tuned to this motor.

Lastly, I am working on fitting a variator to this thing but it's been kicking my ass. Packaging it all is hard, but the worst of it is trying to extend the crankshaft to take the front variator pulley. Failed twice already, thinking on it some more...
excellrec is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-11-2017, 07:27 PM   #2
F'dup
Hack in a barn

CF Pimp
F'dup's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 35
Flipped Off 9 Times in 9 Posts
F'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Batavus Starflite

2017 build off sv650 build thread <---Click here

SV650 b.s.'n and post build off progress on the bike thread thread <---Click here

DR650 supermoto build <--click

2000 R6 build <--click

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS_Raz View Post
A bit of vaseline should lube your bush up real nice though. Just make sure that your shaft is a good fit.
F'dup is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived F'dup!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-11-2017, 11:57 PM   #3
excellrec
Fighter In Training
excellrec has a brilliant futureexcellrec has a brilliant futureexcellrec has a brilliant futureexcellrec has a brilliant futureexcellrec has a brilliant futureexcellrec has a brilliant futureexcellrec has a brilliant futureexcellrec has a brilliant futureexcellrec has a brilliant futureexcellrec has a brilliant futureexcellrec has a brilliant future

Caliper came in today, off a 2007 EX650 ebay tells me. Should be plenty to stop this little Batavus. With caliper in hand I whipped out an adapter to go from the forks to the new caliper:

The back side of the caliper was too thick and interfered with the wheels, so it needed to go on a diet. After trying to clamp it in a mill for ~30 minutes, I took a stab at it with the band saw:

Did a pretty good job of it, took about 2-3mm off. I suspect/hope it's not enough to cause any problems:

Mounted it up on the bike. Looks a bit ridiculous, and it is. Should be good for stoppies:

These people High Fived excellrec!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-12-2017, 12:06 AM   #4
excellrec
Fighter In Training

Edit: I need to get proper bolts yet for that caliper, thats why the single mismatched bolt.

Also, anyone know why I can't edit my post(s)? Tried logging in and out again and no edit button. Maybe just this sub-forum?
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-12-2017, 01:03 AM   #5
hrdy
Noobie
CF Addict
hrdy's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:11 AM
Flipped Off 22 Times in 14 Posts
hrdy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!hrdy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!hrdy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!hrdy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!hrdy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!hrdy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!hrdy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!hrdy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!hrdy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!hrdy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!hrdy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 

^there's a new rule on CF
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGyver View Post
In order to stop the recent spam activities we are no longer allowing users under 50 posts to edit their posts. Spammers were circumventing current restrictions by going back and editing their posts to contain links
hrdy is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-12-2017, 11:46 AM   #6
excellrec
Fighter In Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrdy View Post
^there's a new rule on CF
Ah, shoot. Just realized I only have 36 (now 37) posts and I've been a member for over 6yrs!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-14-2017, 12:46 AM   #7
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

Ask Mike for special permission

Dude, this is cool as fuck.
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived shinyribs!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-14-2017, 08:33 PM   #8
excellrec
Fighter In Training

Thank you. I really should make more posts, so I'll probably just pitch in on the forums until I get to 50.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-14-2017, 10:30 PM   #9
F'dup
Hack in a barn

CF Pimp
F'dup's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 35
Flipped Off 9 Times in 9 Posts
F'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by excellrec View Post
Thank you. I really should make more posts, so I'll probably just pitch in on the forums until I get to 50.
You could just post in the postwhore thread to get up there....

http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ead.php?t=2447

Or I mean you could do your plan and use your posts to help people and be constructive and such....

2017 build off sv650 build thread <---Click here

SV650 b.s.'n and post build off progress on the bike thread thread <---Click here

DR650 supermoto build <--click

2000 R6 build <--click

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS_Raz View Post
A bit of vaseline should lube your bush up real nice though. Just make sure that your shaft is a good fit.
F'dup is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-15-2017, 12:07 PM   #10
rex_saugerty
V four honda whore
rex_saugerty's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:11 AM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 39 Times in 38 Posts
rex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

Constructive shmonstructive whore it out mate

1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0
rex_saugerty is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Dirty Tards & Minis