1988 CBR1000F swaps - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Technical Section > Street Fighter Swaps > Swingarm Swaps

Swingarm Swaps Swingarm and Rear End Swap Discussion goes here

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > 1988 CBR1000F swaps

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-20-2017, 09:51 AM   #1
Edward
NoObie
Noobie
Local Time: 03:31 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Edward is a NOOB
Question 1988 CBR1000F swaps

Hey guys, anyone know if its possible to to swap a vfr single sided swing arm onto a honda hurricane? it is an 88 1000cc hurricane and im in the process of street fightering it. i must admit to being a bit overwhelmed. im not sure to start. anyways, this and the subframe are what im modding first. any help is greatly appreciated.
Edward is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-20-2017, 10:29 AM   #2
ultimate fighter
Remi's Dad
ultimate fighter's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:31 AM
Flip Offs: 1,427
Flipped Off 875 Times in 399 Posts
ultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympus
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 
Default Re: 1988 CBR1000F swaps

start with asking what you can do and complete in a good time frame. Sometimes a swingarm swap can interfere with exhaust, foot pegs, and brake master.

first step. Figure out what your stock pivot width and pivot bolt diameter is of the old swingarm. This will tell you how much work needs to be done to fit your vfr arm in it's place. compare the two.
IF your cbr1000f arm is within 5mm than the vfr it will be a breeze.

second step. Just do it

it looks like it's been done before but that doesn't mean it didn't take alot of work.

depending where you are located a member could possiby be of assistance

UF's 2017 winter buildoff MOE POWA
talk about my junk
Quote:
Originally Posted by yantosh View Post
CB is cool as fuck , proper old skool kick your cunt in for looking at it funny
ultimate fighter is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-20-2017, 10:41 AM   #3
makenzie71
Fighterer
makenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to all

Can it be done?

Sure. But good luck...the pivot area on the 1000F is pretty narrow. You'll need a 750 swingarm (the 800's mount to the engine and are HUGE)...and it'll need to be one of the 94~97 models if I can recall (narrowest). And even then you're either going to have mill the frame or the swingarm to make it all work right.

It's the kind of thing I would do.
makenzie71 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-20-2017, 10:50 AM   #4
Edward
NoObie
Noobie
Edward is a NOOB

awesome. thanks alot for the replys guys. milling is deff something i can get done esp if i do it to the swingarm itself. now to hunt one down.
Edward is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-20-2017, 10:56 AM   #5
rex_saugerty
V four honda whore
rex_saugerty's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:31 AM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 39 Times in 38 Posts
rex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

My friend has old cbr with sssa

1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0
rex_saugerty is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Technical Section > Street Fighter Swaps > Swingarm Swaps