Everyone has a GPS in their pocket... - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Beginner Streetfighter Questions

Beginner Streetfighter Questions This is the place to ask all beginner questions with no fear of being flamed. This section will be HEAVILY MODERATED! Any fighter related question is allowed, no matter how simple!

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Everyone has a GPS in their pocket...

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-05-2018, 07:05 PM   #1
sympul
Everything is simple...

CF Addict
sympul's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:59 AM
Flip Offs: 436
Flipped Off 381 Times in 55 Posts
sympul is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sympul is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sympul is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sympul is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sympul is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sympul is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sympul is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sympul is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sympul is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sympul is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sympul is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 
Default Everyone has a GPS in their pocket...

But what do you guys use to mount it to your bikes?

Lately I've just been plugging it into my ear phones and letting the voice prompts tell me where I need to turn. But it gets loud on the roads and my ear buds don't go up that loud.

Suggestions?

Links also appreciated.

Sympul

fighter THIS bitches!!!

Check out my SV650 when it was stock! HERE!

Check out my SV (and other assorted items) Project Thread! HERE! (because 'stock' is never good enough)

Check out my 'quick flip' project HERE! (07 SV650 ABS)
sympul is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-05-2018, 08:02 PM   #2
mcantar
Fuck it, let's do it live

CF Pimp
mcantar's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:59 PM
Flip Offs: 44
Flipped Off 21 Times in 20 Posts
mcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympus
Default Re: Everyone has a GPS in their pocket...

If you can't hear your headphones well while riding, you need a better helmet.

Hypermotard 1100S the weight-shavening.
Bandit 1200 cafe/fighter that will never get finished at this rate.
Turbo Busa v2 2017 Buildoff.
Turbo Busa V1.2 2016 Buildoff.
Turbo Busa v1.1
919 Hornet build'n'flip, lotsa electrical diagnostic info in there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poopie View Post
Everything should be turbo'd, and what the fuck is a budget?
mcantar is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-05-2018, 10:44 PM   #3
sympul
Everything is simple...

CF Addict
sympul's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 436
Flipped Off 381 Times in 55 Posts
sympul is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sympul is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sympul is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sympul is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sympul is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sympul is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sympul is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sympul is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sympul is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sympul is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sympul is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

Lol, I need better headphones.

Can't wear the 'in ear' ones, they rip right out as soon as I try and put on my helmet. I have a set of 'over the ear' ones that I've cut up and fit inside the ear cups on my helmet. They're not perfect, and far from a proper set-up, but it's what I had laying around at the time.

Sympul

fighter THIS bitches!!!

Check out my SV650 when it was stock! HERE!

Check out my SV (and other assorted items) Project Thread! HERE! (because 'stock' is never good enough)

Check out my 'quick flip' project HERE! (07 SV650 ABS)
sympul is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-05-2018, 11:54 PM   #4
Mongoose
GURU

CF Addict
Mongoose's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:59 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 8 Times in 8 Posts
Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 

i've never liked the idea of having my phone sitting out in direct sun for hours on end...

most people use ram mounts.. buddy uses velcro to the tank cap.. good for 150 mph.. allegedly.
Mongoose is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Mongoose!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-06-2018, 07:48 AM   #5
HickLife
GURU

CF Addict
HickLife's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:59 PM
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 10 Times in 9 Posts
HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

I know you mentioned you donít like in ear but I use these https://isotunesaudio.com all the time for just about everything. Just squeeze the padding on the helmet as you put it on, and these have an over ear version which helps alot. I even went to the range and used them the other day. I kept having to stop what I was listening to though because people kept trying to talk to me.

Other than that I generally use an actual gps when on long trips. I just donít trust my phone out in the open like that, falling off, rain, drop the bike and you skid down some bank and canít get out. Just best to keep it on me imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fallen angel build- http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=78474

96 vulcan 1500- http://www.customfighters.com/forums...d.php?t=123177

Fallen Angel Build Off Thread- http://www.customfighters.com/forums...73#post2755273

Fallen Angel Build Off Discussion- http://www.customfighters.com/forums...89#post2755289

Quote:
Originally Posted by rex_saugerty View Post
Only weak people test the engine. Real brave guys assemble the bike and then tries to start it
HickLife is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived HickLife!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-06-2018, 10:34 AM   #6
TURNIP
GURU
CF Lover
TURNIP's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

In the spirit of "everyone is a safety officer" I would be remiss if I didn't point out that listening to music on a live-fire range so loudly that you can't hear the people around you is a fatally bad idea.

Isaac Newton was a bastard when he invented gravity!
TURNIP is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-06-2018, 11:07 AM   #7
HickLife
GURU

CF Addict
HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

It was a book actually and it wasnít that loud. Iím very aware when Iím at a range, especially when you have to walk down range to put up targets. I donít trust people and I also donít trust that someone would say ďhey going down range, donít shootĒ havenít had it happen to me yet but before every string of fire I make an effort to make sure someone isnít down there or needs to go down.

I kept having to stop it so I could understand what they were saying, not because i couldnít hear someone speaking and they tapped me on the shoulder. Every time someone speaks I look to see who they are talking to. I may be dumb but Iím not stupid ;-)

Fallen Angel Build Off Thread- http://www.customfighters.com/forums...73#post2755273

Fallen Angel Build Off Discussion- http://www.customfighters.com/forums...89#post2755289

Quote:
Only weak people test the engine. Real brave guys assemble the bike and then tries to start it
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-06-2018, 12:03 PM   #8
Mongoose
GURU

CF Addict
Mongoose's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:59 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 8 Times in 8 Posts
Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 

you guys got some casual ranges if you can just shout out im goin' down to hang some shit..

what in ears do you have? smaller the better... or better yet getting something like earphones.. is second to a custom set..
Mongoose is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-06-2018, 12:32 PM   #9
HickLife
GURU

CF Addict

These are what I used. You said small but if your helmet is already kinda set to fit bigger ones these should work.

They are just like foam ear plugs with a Bluetooth headphone attached. You can even talk on the phone (idk how good it would work while riding) and it cuts out background noise.

My only complaint is that they donít have a feature to magnify small noises and cut out loud noises while they are in, which would be perfect for the range.

Quote:
This user High Fived HickLife!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-06-2018, 01:17 PM   #10
mcantar
Fuck it, let's do it live

CF Pimp
mcantar's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:59 PM
Flip Offs: 44
Flipped Off 21 Times in 20 Posts
mcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympus

I meant what I said about the helmet. In my shitty Icon helmet I couldn't hear headphones or the Sena I got later at anything over 40mph, set at full volume. In my Shoei, it was much better and at full volume I could hear things fine on the highway. In my AGV, full volume is TOO loud.
A better helmet will significantly reduce wind noise and it makes a BIG difference. If you're having trouble hearing your music/gps/whatever, it's a good sign you maybe should get a better helmet.

Aside from that. Why not just get a Sena? Cost about the same as a decent set of earbuds and no hassle with cords or making everything fit.

Hypermotard 1100S the weight-shavening.
Bandit 1200 cafe/fighter that will never get finished at this rate.
Turbo Busa v2 2017 Buildoff.
Turbo Busa V1.2 2016 Buildoff.
Turbo Busa v1.1
919 Hornet build'n'flip, lotsa electrical diagnostic info in there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poopie View Post
Everything should be turbo'd, and what the fuck is a budget?
mcantar is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived mcantar!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Beginner Streetfighter Questions