Rex weird choice of motorcycle hauler - Page 5 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Off Topic > Open Discussion > Cage-Fighters

Cage-Fighters Got a 4-wheel fiend as well? Let's see them cars and trucks!

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Rex weird choice of motorcycle hauler

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-21-2018, 02:07 PM   #41
Mattson
Stressed Member
Mattson's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:20 PM
Flip Offs: 24
Flipped Off 33 Times in 21 Posts
Mattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Rex weird choice of motorcycle hauler

^ tood to know! Just need to figure out some sort of a stopper to keep the hose on the end as I don't have the tools to make the "bulge" thing.

^
^yeeea that wouldn't be awkward at all

Benelli Tornado TRE Novecento 2006
EX: Triumph Daytona 955i DSSA 2002 Fighter
My homebrew blog thread thingy: Oddball Brewery
Mattson is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Mattson!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-21-2018, 02:31 PM   #42
SEBSPEED
V4's FTW
SEBSPEED's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:20 PM
Flip Offs: 53
Flipped Off 57 Times in 47 Posts
SEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

Tack a wire wheel on the end of a rod, chuck in a drill to scrub inside the tank before you weld the patch on. Be a shame not to use that access hole while you have it open

Find me on Facebook at Sebspeed Customs

Float like a Goldwing, sting like a gixxer

2015 FOTY VFR750

2016 threads
Turbo 7/11

750 Slingshot
Discussion thread

2017 thread
VFR800 Build
SEBSPEED is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-21-2018, 03:25 PM   #43
Mattson
Stressed Member
Mattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month 

Main problem right now is my propane/butane torch wont apparently melt the brass. I can get the metal red hot but the seam just won't melt... Thinking...

Electrolysis will take care of the inside rust but I guess it wont hurt to give it a running start...

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-21-2018, 03:52 PM   #44
yantosh

yantosh's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:20 PM
Flip Offs: 13
Flipped Off 18 Times in 16 Posts
yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

get a couple of sticks of silver solder , just don't overheat the steel , red hot on the steel is prob too hot
yantosh is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-21-2018, 04:00 PM   #45
Mattson
Stressed Member
Fighter of the Month 

I`d need to either get the brass to melt or cut the old tubes off with a bit of wall with them... Whatever I do with this is starting to get so costly I would be better off to just order a new tank from the states, and I haven`t even began to try welding this, which is the part I`m the most doubtful about... Gonna have a think about possible options as this is looking more and more like a losing battle... Might try to get a day off work to go have a dig at the local scrappers for something I could adapt...

This user High Fived Mattson!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-21-2018, 04:13 PM   #46
Zweihammer
Misfit

Fighterer
Zweihammer's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:20 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Damn, that is a lot of work to fix up a questionable tank! Never say die.
In another life, I built armored cars for a living and we would cut the fuel tanks in half so we could stuff the inside with stainless wool to prevent explosions in the event of being shot. After welding the halves back together, we would spray the outside with truck bed liner for two reasons, it sealed pinholes, and if you shot it, the hole would self close and heal.
We continued doing the same thing after the tanks changed over to poly, just for the self sealing.
For a demonstration, we sprayed the outside of steel bucket, shot it a dozen times with a 9mm while holding gasoline and it didn’t leak a drop. Not sure how long that would stay that way.
Amazing stuff.

2019 Winter Build Off Bike

2019 Winter Build Off Chit Chat

Bones heal, chicks dig scars, pain is temporary, glory is forever. E. Knievel
Zweihammer is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-21-2018, 04:24 PM   #47
Mattson
Stressed Member
Fighter of the Month 

Spent the last hour surfing the net, it seems these fuckers are as rare as unicorn poo and at least as sought after as the Atlantis itself... Rex are you absolutely adamant that a custom tank will not fly?

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-21-2018, 05:19 PM   #48
yantosh

yantosh's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:20 PM
Flip Offs: 13
Flipped Off 18 Times in 16 Posts
yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

custom tank in the bed disguised as a toolbox feeding through the empty shell of the original , could be your winter build off project Rex
yantosh is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived yantosh!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-21-2018, 11:52 PM   #49
rex_saugerty
V four honda whore
rex_saugerty's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 39 Times in 38 Posts
rex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

It wont. People have tried.

Sent from Erics moms house

1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0
rex_saugerty is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-22-2018, 01:21 AM   #50
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:20 PM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

Can't solder aluminum, so definitely use copper tube. If you do go with solder over braze make sure to use silver solder like Yantosh said. Plumbing or electrical solder will crack and die. It doesn't handle vibration or shock loads very well at all. Use 15% silver and the joint will be stronger than the steel. You won't be able to bend it once done. The silver solder will be easier to use vs brass rod coated in flux, but brass is more gummy when molten whereas solder is slightly more watery. Pros and cons to each that you'll have to weigh since it's your eyes and hands on the job. You're gonna need very tight joints or an overlap for either to keep from driving yourself mad.
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Off Topic > Open Discussion > Cage-Fighters