08 650r Headlight wiring - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Streetfighter Help Needed!

Streetfighter Help Needed! Need help with your 'fighter? Ask for help in here!

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > 08 650r Headlight wiring

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-04-2019, 09:58 PM   #1
xComeback23
NoObie
Noobie
Local Time: 06:00 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
xComeback23 is a NOOB
Default 08 650r Headlight wiring

So I am having difficulty wiring this headlight. What do i have to do to make it work?

Click image for larger version

Name:	714Gufd6S3L._SL1100_.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	178.7 KB
ID:	104420

Name:  IMG_3497.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  67.1 KB

Name:  IMG_3498.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  92.3 KB

Name:  IMG_3501.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  68.2 KB
xComeback23 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-05-2019, 10:33 AM   #2
Junkie
re-tarded
CF Addict
Junkie's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:00 PM
Flip Offs: 3
Junkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to all
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: 08 650r Headlight wiring

what happens when you plug it in and turn the bike on?

some bikes don't turn the headlight on until the engine starts, not sure if yours is one of them

A steering damper dampens steering oscillations. If it starts to leak, it may become a steering dampener. There's no such thing as a dampner.

Bikes: naked SV1000 with all the possible bling, WR450SM street legal, 450XCF SM trackbike
Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-05-2019, 12:35 PM   #3
Mattson
Stressed Member
Mattson's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:00 AM
Flip Offs: 24
Flipped Off 33 Times in 21 Posts
Mattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month 

Since you have two bulbs on the original the low beam goes to one and high to the other. Yellow/black is probly ground on both and hi/lo wires are the blue/yellow and the red/black, which is which idk. The drl/angel eye should probly be wired to your parking light wire and the turning indicators are pretty self explanatory. You gotta cut the wires to the bulb sockets and either fit in a new one combining them, crimp female spade connectors at the ends or cut the connector off the new light as well and solder the wires together.

Benelli Tornado TRE Novecento 2006
EX: Triumph Daytona 955i DSSA 2002 Fighter
My homebrew blog thread thingy: Oddball Brewery
Mattson is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-05-2019, 02:32 PM   #4
Junkie
re-tarded
CF Addict
Junkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to all
Fighter of the Month 

I bet you can pull the high (or low) connector out of one of them, insert it in the other, and have it work without doing any cutting or splicing

A steering damper dampens steering oscillations. If it starts to leak, it may become a steering dampener. There's no such thing as a dampner.

Bikes: naked SV1000 with all the possible bling, WR450SM street legal, 450XCF SM trackbike
These people High Fived Junkie!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-05-2019, 02:42 PM   #5
Mattson
Stressed Member
Mattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month 

Ah, I knew I was forgetting one option. When looked from the front you can see a small slot over the bigger slot where the spade connector enters. By inserting a suitable object, say, a thick needle, piece of copper wiring etc you depress the locking tab down and should be able to pull the connector out. After that you simply push the said connector into the vacant slot of the other connector until it clicks, job done. Oh and before that remember to open the hatch at the back of the connector

This user High Fived Mattson!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-05-2019, 08:15 PM   #6
xComeback23
NoObie
Noobie
xComeback23 is a NOOB

Y’all are the best honestly!!!😭😭😭 what about the left and turn signals I know it has two wires ? Would o have to take the positive and connect it to the new head light and find a ground for the negative? I haven’t been working on it for the past day becuase of school and work but im super excited to get back into it and figure it out.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-06-2019, 03:51 AM   #7
Mattson
Stressed Member
Fighter of the Month 

Based on the headlight picture in the first post the turn signals seem to ground through the same ground wire as the driving beams. The turn signal plugs you probly do have to cut out and crimp connectors onto the wires, I couldn't find a '08 650r wiring diagram but based on a lot of other kawi diagrams I looked at you're likely to find a grey and a green wire, which is which seems to depend on the bike in question. You do not however need the turn signal ground wires anymore as the blinkers use the common ground of the headlight unit.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-08-2019, 10:04 AM   #8
Junkie
re-tarded
CF Addict
Fighter of the Month 

the ground for the turn signals is common with the headlight. Figure out which wire going to your current turn signal is hot and run that to 3 and 5.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-08-2019, 03:30 PM   #9
xComeback23
NoObie
Noobie
xComeback23 is a NOOB

Alright guys thank you guys for all the info! Do I have to connect all the ground wires from all the connections to the ground on the new headlight? If so I think I should be able to make it work I just want to make sure 100%! I’ll be working on it tonight once I’m done with school and work so I’m excited for that.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-08-2019, 03:39 PM   #10
Mattson
Stressed Member
Fighter of the Month 

One will be enough the ground wires are interconnected inside the loom anyway. That`s a full LED unit right? wire gauge should not pose issues using just one ground wire but I`d still use one of the headlight ground wires instead of the indicator wires as it`ll probly be thicker, however if your original turning indicators are of incandescent bulb type you probly have to replace your indicator relay with a LED type relay otherwise your blink ratio will be too high.

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Streetfighter Help Needed!