Straight after market levers - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Technical Section > Brakes and Suspension

Brakes and Suspension Anything to do with fabricating and modifying brakes and suspension goes in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Straight after market levers

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-19-2019, 06:50 PM   #1
eegeland
Fighter In Training
eegeland's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:01 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
eegeland is a good noobieeegeland is a good noobie
Default Straight after market levers

Hi guys,

Any 2004 ZX10r after market break and clutch levers out there that aren't so drastically bent? The stock ones work perfectly but look like hell. After market all seem to have this extreme bend. I tried a pair and even adjusted all the way out, they hit my fingers when squeezed with with index finer and other on grip. They were cheap Asian no-names but seem to be shaped the same as ASV and all the other brands. But... maybe not??

And I been riding, racing, and wrenching for decades so breaks are not mushy .

Any insight is helpful!

Thanks,
Eric
eegeland is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-19-2019, 10:42 PM   #2
beezwiz
GURU
CF Addict
beezwiz's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:01 AM
Flip Offs: 5
Flipped Off 14 Times in 8 Posts
beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Re: Straight after market levers

You could just powder coat or anodize the stock levers to enhance their appearance.

Lightech - Acosta - Rizoma all come to mind for aftermarket levers.

Fuck all that... we gotta get on with this!
beezwiz is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-20-2019, 03:53 AM   #3
a_morti
GURU

CF Addict
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:01 AM
Flip Offs: 24
Flipped Off 24 Times in 14 Posts
a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

How often do you squeeze the lever like that in daily use?

Aaron, living in Gibraltar and riding a 2014 MSX125 (Grom) with a bunch of shiny shite on it. Slow n loud!
a_morti is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-20-2019, 04:28 PM   #4
eegeland
Fighter In Training

[QUOTE=beezwiz;3128012]You could just powder coat or anodize the stock levers to enhance their appearance.

That is a brilliant idea! I already drilled a hole in the end of the ball to make them look better... I could shorten AND shape them a bit on a grinder. Thanks man!
This user High Fived eegeland!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-20-2019, 04:30 PM   #5
eegeland
Fighter In Training

Thats just it, they hit my fingers all the time. Again, cheap $20 Asian knockoffs so maybe THAT is the problem.

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Technical Section > Brakes and Suspension