Car wheel conversion - Page 4 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Technical Section > Street Fighter Swaps > Swingarm Swaps

Swingarm Swaps Swingarm and Rear End Swap Discussion goes here

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Car wheel conversion

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-04-2011, 02:23 AM   #31
CBRRRT
Stinky Crusty Old Bastard
CF Addict
CBRRRT's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:34 PM
Flip Offs: 15
Flipped Off 6 Times in 5 Posts
CBRRRT is a splendid one to beholdCBRRRT is a splendid one to beholdCBRRRT is a splendid one to beholdCBRRRT is a splendid one to beholdCBRRRT is a splendid one to beholdCBRRRT is a splendid one to beholdCBRRRT is a splendid one to beholdCBRRRT is a splendid one to beholdCBRRRT is a splendid one to beholdCBRRRT is a splendid one to beholdCBRRRT is a splendid one to behold
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Car wheel conversion

Cor blimey guvna, glad to keep you entertained. Now lets av a cup o tea.

http://www.facebook.com/honda.streetfighter Wun Farzund
My mind is glowing............................................. ...........Ingerlund
CBRRRT is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived CBRRRT!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-23-2011, 06:05 PM   #32
CBRRRT
CF Addict
CBRRRT is a splendid one to beholdCBRRRT is a splendid one to beholdCBRRRT is a splendid one to beholdCBRRRT is a splendid one to beholdCBRRRT is a splendid one to beholdCBRRRT is a splendid one to beholdCBRRRT is a splendid one to beholdCBRRRT is a splendid one to beholdCBRRRT is a splendid one to beholdCBRRRT is a splendid one to beholdCBRRRT is a splendid one to behold
Fighter of the Month 

My good Texan friends r3voltn1 and alien954 both have 18" x 7.5 car wheels on their SSSA's and a 240/40-18 tyre on them.

Yup, um avin it on mine too.

My mind is glowing............................................. ...........Ingerlund
This user High Fived CBRRRT!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-23-2011, 10:33 PM   #33
r3voltn1
DON'T NEED CRACK - I'M A

CF Addict
r3voltn1's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:34 PM
Flip Offs: 4
Flipped Off 9 Times in 6 Posts
r3voltn1 has much to be proud ofr3voltn1 has much to be proud ofr3voltn1 has much to be proud ofr3voltn1 has much to be proud ofr3voltn1 has much to be proud ofr3voltn1 has much to be proud ofr3voltn1 has much to be proud ofr3voltn1 has much to be proud ofr3voltn1 has much to be proud ofr3voltn1 has much to be proud ofr3voltn1 has much to be proud of
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walrus_gsxr_evo7 View Post
well thats cornering out the window...
I remember this last summer meeting up with some guys at a coffee joint getting ready to ride some country roads. A guy with a fairly new Gixxer gave me shit about my 240 tire and said the same thing........so about 8 of us left for about a hour.......when half the pack caught up to us after riding he apolagized....

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBRRRT View Post
My good Texan friends r3voltn1 and alien954 both have 18" x 7.5 car wheels on their SSSA's and a 240/40-18 tyre on them.

Yup, um avin it on mine too.
Right on my man Jon!!! tought as hell brotha'.....luv that wheel...

.....rise up, rebel, repel, repulse, resist,....R3VOLT!!!
r3voltn1 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived r3voltn1!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-24-2011, 03:43 AM   #34
CBRRRT
CF Addict
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by r3voltn1 View Post
I remember this last summer meeting up with some guys at a coffee joint getting ready to ride some country roads. A guy with a fairly new Gixxer gave me shit about my 240 tire and said the same thing........so about 8 of us left for about a hour.......when half the pack caught up to us after riding he apolagized....
Last year at my local bike meet there were a bunch of blokes all on R1's all talking the talk. I thought I would follow them out as it could be an interesting ride. I wasnt wrong, first corner we we came to the soppy twats all hit the breaks and I nearly went in to the back of them.

These people High Fived CBRRRT!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-18-2012, 10:59 PM   #35
aboogie973
NoObie
Noobie
Local Time: 05:34 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
aboogie973 is a NOOB

Nice, has anyone tired it out yet?
aboogie973 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-22-2012, 02:58 PM   #36
CBRRRT
CF Addict
Fighter of the Month 

Loads

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-03-2012, 06:54 PM   #37
Skelz
Fighter In Training
Skelz's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Skelz is a glorious beacon of lightSkelz is a glorious beacon of lightSkelz is a glorious beacon of lightSkelz is a glorious beacon of lightSkelz is a glorious beacon of lightSkelz is a glorious beacon of lightSkelz is a glorious beacon of lightSkelz is a glorious beacon of lightSkelz is a glorious beacon of lightSkelz is a glorious beacon of light

hey CBRRRT, I am trying todo this but have come up a bit short on space, I am trying to fit a 18x7.5 wheel on an early vfr 750 arm. I got 82mm bolts and 30mm spacers, the tyre dude said that to be safe you want the bolts todo at least 6 rotations but with this the wheel is fouling on the arm. have i missed something?? someone suggested that I could space out the spindle? any ideas?
Skelz is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-04-2012, 03:34 AM   #38
CBRRRT
CF Addict
Fighter of the Month 

I dont think the 18" wheel will fit on a 750 arm mate, I think it will only go on the 800 arm. The Texas two
R3voltn1 and Alien594 both have 18 x 7.5's on their 929's

How much is it fouling the arm by mate? If we are only talking about a couple of mm then add to the spacer as I dont think you'll notice any difference in handling, unless you are Valentino Rossi or the like.

When I first fitted my 750 arm it was negative 8mm out and I never noticed anything.

I would be interested to know what offset your wheel is, and how far out the spacing is matey.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-04-2012, 05:37 AM   #39
fredycruger
fuck your face

CF Lover
fredycruger's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:34 PM
Flip Offs: 8
Flipped Off 10 Times in 6 Posts
fredycruger has much to be proud offredycruger has much to be proud offredycruger has much to be proud offredycruger has much to be proud offredycruger has much to be proud offredycruger has much to be proud offredycruger has much to be proud offredycruger has much to be proud offredycruger has much to be proud offredycruger has much to be proud offredycruger has much to be proud of
Winter Buildoff Winner 

I'm running vfr 800 with 18" x 7.5 wheel I think it's 40mm offset and 1.25 " spacer on my tlr and wheel is offset like 1/2" so I need to get smaller wheel prob 6.5 or 7"wheel and smaller spacer to center the wheel
My wheel will be for sale cheap

I also have 240 mm Shinto tire and when mounting use lots of tire soup and ratchet strap to seat the bead
Ratchet strap helped a lot to seat it

fredycruger is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-04-2012, 06:21 AM   #40
Sideshow bob

CF Pimp
Sideshow bob's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:34 PM
Flip Offs: 2
Flipped Off 3 Times in 3 Posts
Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBRRRT View Post
I dont think the 18" wheel will fit on a 750 arm mate, I think it will only go on the 800 arm. The Texas two
R3voltn1 and Alien594 both have 18 x 7.5's on their 929's
mines on the 750 arm

If I remember right though... I had a bit of panic set in, when I ordered & paid for the wheel. I was so busy consentrating on widths n offsets etc that I stupidly forgot to check diameter

But just to prove it's always better too be Lucky than Smart

As long as I fall, I don't hit the ground. As long as I fall, I'm safe & sound.

Sideshow bob is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Sideshow bob!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Technical Section > Street Fighter Swaps > Swingarm Swaps