Car wheel conversion - Page 6 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Technical Section > Street Fighter Swaps > Swingarm Swaps

Swingarm Swaps Swingarm and Rear End Swap Discussion goes here

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Car wheel conversion

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-03-2012, 10:53 PM   #51
scottiemann
fuckin genius
Fighterer
scottiemann's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:50 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
scottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud ofscottiemann has much to be proud of
Default Re: Car wheel conversion

Nevermind... found it... sweet ride can't wait to see it done

current build is on YouTube, check out my channel The Armed DIYer

****Current Build****
91 GSXR 750
mods yet to be determined

******On Hold******
98 superhawk
Debaffled cans
De-PAIRed
TPS mod
Bmc air filter
Factory pro jet kit
Factory pro ignition advanced
15/42
05 CBR1000RR front end
Bunch of other shit...
scottiemann is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-14-2013, 08:19 AM   #52
wildweasel_pt
Vmax jet lag...
Fighter
wildweasel_pt's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:50 AM
wildweasel_pt is a good noobiewildweasel_pt is a good noobie

Hi all
I just read this whole thread but nothing was said regarding fitment of tire in the car rim. What is everyones 2 cents regarding this? I have a sketch that shows the differences and how that can affect cornering and tire seating while turning. Is anyone concerned about this?

wildweasel_pt is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived wildweasel_pt!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-14-2013, 02:23 PM   #53
CBRRRT
Stinky Crusty Old Bastard
CF Addict
CBRRRT's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 15
Flipped Off 6 Times in 5 Posts
CBRRRT is a splendid one to beholdCBRRRT is a splendid one to beholdCBRRRT is a splendid one to beholdCBRRRT is a splendid one to beholdCBRRRT is a splendid one to beholdCBRRRT is a splendid one to beholdCBRRRT is a splendid one to beholdCBRRRT is a splendid one to beholdCBRRRT is a splendid one to beholdCBRRRT is a splendid one to beholdCBRRRT is a splendid one to behold
Fighter of the Month 

If you have any doubts, don't do it.

http://www.facebook.com/honda.streetfighter Wun Farzund
My mind is glowing............................................. ...........Ingerlund
CBRRRT is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-14-2013, 03:07 PM   #54
wildweasel_pt
Vmax jet lag...
Fighter
wildweasel_pt's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
wildweasel_pt is a good noobiewildweasel_pt is a good noobie

Its not a question of doubts. Its a concern that should be discussed eventhough i never heard of a bike tire coming of a car rim while cornering so i think its a concern of lesser importance, same as darksiders have but the other way around but always to think about if one wants to explore the bike to the maximum with these mods.
wildweasel_pt is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-14-2013, 04:32 PM   #55
yantosh

yantosh's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:50 AM
Flip Offs: 13
Flipped Off 18 Times in 16 Posts
yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

fair and valid point mate, never heard of one coming off, but incompatibility of car rims and bike tyres could be why it takes over 120psi for the tyre to seat , i stopped fitting them because i don't like how it adversely affects the handling
yantosh is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-11-2014, 09:37 AM   #56
oatworakit
Fighter In Training
Local Time: 11:50 PM
oatworakit is really niceoatworakit is really niceoatworakit is really niceoatworakit is really niceoatworakit is really niceoatworakit is really niceoatworakit is really nice
Fighter of the Month 

thx
oatworakit is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-28-2014, 07:49 AM   #57
kokal
Noobie
kokal's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:50 AM
kokal is a NOOB

Sorry to bring this old thread back up but I am looking for some info. My question is regarding tyre size on 17"x7" Car RIM (Offset 38) - what is the appropriate size - 200,210,220 ? I know 5.5" is for 180 and 6.0" for 190. I have VFR800 1998-2000 Swingarm and 2005 VFR 5.5" Wheel (bought today). If I am reading correctly offset for VFR wheel is 18mm and if mine is 38 I need 20 mm spacer added to the swingarm in order to be at the same center as the VFR wheel. But it will prolly hit the swingarm so I need to move it a bit ot the left and increase spacer by the same size i moved it : e.g. I move swingarm 19,05 mm (or 0.75 inches) to the left I have to make 19,05 mm (or 0.75 inches) 2nd spacer in order to keep it centereed. This way both wheels can use the swingarm with one additional spacer for the bigger one and the big one will not hit the swingarm. Sorry for long spam but I am writing my brain-flow

P.S. Just googling around VFR wheel offset is 19mm or 18mm ?
kokal is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-28-2014, 08:29 AM   #58
yantosh

yantosh's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 13
Flipped Off 18 Times in 16 Posts
yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

200 tyre can be fitted, 210 is prob better, but your restricted with tyre choice
yantosh is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-28-2014, 03:27 PM   #59
CBRRRT
Stinky Crusty Old Bastard
CF Addict
CBRRRT's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 15
Flipped Off 6 Times in 5 Posts
CBRRRT is a splendid one to beholdCBRRRT is a splendid one to beholdCBRRRT is a splendid one to beholdCBRRRT is a splendid one to beholdCBRRRT is a splendid one to beholdCBRRRT is a splendid one to beholdCBRRRT is a splendid one to beholdCBRRRT is a splendid one to beholdCBRRRT is a splendid one to beholdCBRRRT is a splendid one to beholdCBRRRT is a splendid one to behold
Fighter of the Month 

I used a 210 Dunlop sportmax

http://www.facebook.com/honda.streetfighter Wun Farzund
My mind is glowing............................................. ...........Ingerlund
CBRRRT is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-28-2014, 03:38 PM   #60
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp
370steve's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 20
Flipped Off 34 Times in 7 Posts
370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBRRRT View Post
I used a 210 Dunlop sportmax
might check them out, I have been using 200's and they end up a bit flat profile

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
370steve is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Technical Section > Street Fighter Swaps > Swingarm Swaps