INTERNET/EMAIL BAND - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Off Topic > Open Discussion > Music

Music Got a love for music? Let us know what you're listening to!

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > INTERNET/EMAIL BAND

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-17-2012, 06:53 PM   #1
MOTOPHILE
Born Loser
Fighter
MOTOPHILE's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:03 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 2 Times in 2 Posts
MOTOPHILE is well likedMOTOPHILE is well likedMOTOPHILE is well likedMOTOPHILE is well likedMOTOPHILE is well likedMOTOPHILE is well liked
Default INTERNET/EMAIL BAND

Was wondering if anyone has ever participated in or heard of the idea of an internet band? A band in which none of the members ever meet in person. Only interaction is through email, forum, etc... One musician lays down a track and then forwards the file to the next guy. Eventually the track fattens up and who knows what the fuck will become... There could be a pool of musicians, randomly chosen at first, until certain people become obvious for filling certain sounds. Personally I am into "real" instruments but not totally opposed digital tracks like keyboards, drum machines or whatever. I am influenced by no other musician, but inspired my many. Some are small local bands that will go unnoticed. Some are mega. Hell maybe others would be interested in doing video as well... Anyone wanna get weird?

MOTOPHILE is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-18-2012, 02:02 PM   #2
fu_jac
Pueling Pueman
CF Addict
fu_jac's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:03 AM
Flip Offs: 124
Flipped Off 55 Times in 27 Posts
fu_jac is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fu_jac is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fu_jac is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fu_jac is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fu_jac is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fu_jac is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fu_jac is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fu_jac is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fu_jac is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fu_jac is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fu_jac is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: INTERNET/EMAIL BAND

I'd be keen to give it a go.....i use cubase....
fu_jac is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-18-2012, 02:05 PM   #3
gsf1200R
ShamanFighter
gsf1200R's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 485
Flipped Off 802 Times in 365 Posts
gsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympus

id do it if you took cassette tapes lol. i could record using my fone i guess i had acidworks or whatever just havent opened it up to try it out

i slappa da bass

i play guitar and i do and a DR770 drum machine

Goal: Promote streetfighters to the custom motorcycle scene in America.
Plan: Spread the word to motorcycle enthusiasts through our forum & blog.
gsf1200R is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-18-2012, 02:34 PM   #4
MOTOPHILE
Born Loser
Fighter
MOTOPHILE is well likedMOTOPHILE is well likedMOTOPHILE is well likedMOTOPHILE is well likedMOTOPHILE is well likedMOTOPHILE is well liked

Cool. I was wondering what would be the best way to swap tracks... I have an older Mac with iTunes and a PC laptop. Recently got a ZOOM 16 Track recorder but haven't tried it yet. I think it came with Cubase. Choosing and learning a software or method we can all make work should be the first step. I have a cocktail drum kit but suck at keeping beats. I have a cheapo Dean bass but tend to play it like a guitar. My guitar is an Asian PRS. I am no blistering type solo dude but I can get pretty creative. I am so tired of cookie-cutter type music and I don't think their is a chance in hell of that happening with this method!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-18-2012, 02:41 PM   #5
fu_jac
Pueling Pueman
CF Addict
fu_jac is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fu_jac is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fu_jac is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fu_jac is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fu_jac is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fu_jac is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fu_jac is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fu_jac is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fu_jac is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fu_jac is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fu_jac is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 

well if we all have a DAW of some sort that's OK....as long as it can work with audio files....

make a bit of the track, upload your part to a mediafire account that we create , next guy downloads it, imports it into his DAW, makes another part, and so on....

when we think we have enough sounds to make a track with we do the same thing except we sequence the files.....each guy could have say a few days to work on it (deadlines are cool so we dont over analyze and get too fussy).....

then we do the same thing with FX....and finally somebody would need to master it, but if the track is any good it would be worth getting someone who knows how to master at a professional level to do it.....
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-18-2012, 04:01 PM   #6
ants
Legit goon

CF Addict
ants's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:03 AM
Flip Offs: 97
Flipped Off 13 Times in 10 Posts
ants is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ants is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ants is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ants is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ants is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ants is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ants is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ants is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ants is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ants is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ants is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

I'd be a great groupie if you get a fighterette to sing for ya

~Andrew
r.i.p.[||]
Normality is a waste of potential.
My slow-ass project: '89 Yamaha XJ600 the GOON

@Cookie2000ad:-------------------------------------------------------
| This is CF. If you file down a bolt we expect 10 photos and a video. |
------------------------------------------------------------------------
ants is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived ants!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-18-2012, 04:55 PM   #7
Fight Everything
Rollin hard in Wiscompton

CF Pimp
Fight Everything's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 55
Flipped Off 45 Times in 35 Posts
Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

A song where the people never meet? Please see the case of Ronnie James Dio & Yngwie Malmsteen in the song Dream On.
Fight Everything is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Fight Everything!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-18-2012, 06:20 PM   #8
MOTOPHILE
Born Loser
Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fu_jac View Post
well if we all have a DAW of some sort that's OK....as long as it can work with audio files....

make a bit of the track, upload your part to a mediafire account that we create , next guy downloads it, imports it into his DAW, makes another part, and so on....

when we think we have enough sounds to make a track with we do the same thing except we sequence the files.....each guy could have say a few days to work on it (deadlines are cool so we dont over analyze and get too fussy).....

then we do the same thing with FX....and finally somebody would need to master it, but if the track is any good it would be worth getting someone who knows how to master at a professional level to do it.....

Is mediafire just a free online file storage site? Sounds good lets do it.

I have mastered several demos but it was in the days of tape. I know the principals and have a good ear, just gotta learn the software/hardware.

So I guess it would be best to start with a drum track or percussion of some sort. I guess with a click track it could start with guitar or whatever...

The first attempt can just be practice, working out a doable process.

Should we stick to an order? Like drums, bass, guitars, vocals, extras? Or just go for it? Whoever starts it off, at least this first time, should be tuned 440.

One thing I know, is part of the reason I learned to play guitar, is because I can't sing to well...

Maybe customfighterband at mediafire...?

I'm down.

GSF1200R hit us with a drum track!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-18-2012, 07:07 PM   #9
fu_jac
Pueling Pueman
CF Addict
Fighter of the Month 

Shall we decide what style of song we're aiming for? I'm primarily a 4/4 dance music producer but am keen to try anything new...we definitely need to agree on a style or it'll just end up being a sonic mess..

And yeah...mediafire has free accounts...file sizes are limited to 200mb for free accounts but .rar the files into 198mb containers before uploading and we'll be good to go
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-18-2012, 08:00 PM   #10
MOTOPHILE
Born Loser
Fighter

Sonic Mess. I like the ring of that... I say yah start out with simple timing, but leave it open from there. I mean we could end up with a country rap metal song... I guess if something sounds out of place we can vote out the track, no hard feelings. I think in the process of finding an easy way to add and mix the tracks, we can come up with some loose guidelines. Not sure if it would help or hinder creativity to state our likes/dislikes.

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Off Topic > Open Discussion > Music