Share your ignition relocation - Page 6 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Beginner Streetfighter Questions

Beginner Streetfighter Questions This is the place to ask all beginner questions with no fear of being flamed. This section will be HEAVILY MODERATED! Any fighter related question is allowed, no matter how simple!

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Share your ignition relocation

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-30-2013, 03:12 PM   #51
VF500 Fighter
Fighterer
VF500 Fighter's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:20 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
VF500 Fighter is a name known to allVF500 Fighter is a name known to allVF500 Fighter is a name known to allVF500 Fighter is a name known to allVF500 Fighter is a name known to allVF500 Fighter is a name known to allVF500 Fighter is a name known to allVF500 Fighter is a name known to allVF500 Fighter is a name known to allVF500 Fighter is a name known to allVF500 Fighter is a name known to all
Default Re: Share your ignition relocation

I know someone who had it happen. I would check with your insurance agent to double check. The reason I ask is because I would like to relocate my ignition but I do not want to void my insurance, and I don't want my bike stolen.
VF500 Fighter is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-30-2013, 07:42 PM   #52
Andler2008
Littering And...........
CF Addict
Andler2008's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:20 PM
Flip Offs: 1
Andler2008 has a brilliant futureAndler2008 has a brilliant futureAndler2008 has a brilliant futureAndler2008 has a brilliant futureAndler2008 has a brilliant futureAndler2008 has a brilliant futureAndler2008 has a brilliant futureAndler2008 has a brilliant futureAndler2008 has a brilliant futureAndler2008 has a brilliant futureAndler2008 has a brilliant future

Hahaha I could totally see insurance claim being void because of something like that.

Like some life insurances are void if said insured is killed in a vehicle while not wearing a seatbelt.
Andler2008 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-30-2013, 11:26 PM   #53
DecepticonDon
Elbow Grease is Cheap

DecepticonDon's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 301
Flipped Off 143 Times in 38 Posts
DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryJ View Post
Most thefts are people simply throwing your bike into the back of a truck.
Actually, that is a misconception.

Read the whole thing.

http://www.reddit.com/r/motorcycles/..._operator_ama/

Quote:
Originally Posted by robsroadeater View Post
dont want no skanky slagbag hangin offa yer short arm mate

Project: Daytona 675

Operation: Kwak Attack

1991 Tidecraft B.O.A.T. build
DecepticonDon is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived DecepticonDon!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-05-2013, 04:30 PM   #54
ants
Legit goon

CF Addict
ants's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:20 AM
Flip Offs: 97
Flipped Off 13 Times in 10 Posts
ants is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ants is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ants is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ants is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ants is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ants is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ants is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ants is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ants is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ants is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ants is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Oh the argument of bike theft ... If they wanted, they'd pick it up and carry it 3-4 meters up the ramp into their van
anywho.. so unless you're going to carry a ship anchor around, might as well make your ignition setup as comfy for you
as possible. I'm thinking of creating a keyless setup as well, but I think the regular switch thing is a bit overdone and
I'd like to stand out a little, so I was thinking of going for the reed magnet. Should work so that as long as you hold
the magnet next to it, you can start the bike. I'm thinking of perhaps putting a magnet somewhere on my watch's strap closure.
Would be neat perhaps?

~Andrew
r.i.p.[||]
Normality is a waste of potential.
My slow-ass project: '89 Yamaha XJ600 the GOON

@Cookie2000ad:-------------------------------------------------------
| This is CF. If you file down a bolt we expect 10 photos and a video. |
------------------------------------------------------------------------
ants is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived ants!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-05-2013, 05:56 PM   #55
tsukuyomi79
0.o i didn't do it

CF Addict
tsukuyomi79's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 2
Flipped Off 11 Times in 9 Posts
tsukuyomi79 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tsukuyomi79 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tsukuyomi79 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tsukuyomi79 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tsukuyomi79 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tsukuyomi79 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tsukuyomi79 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tsukuyomi79 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tsukuyomi79 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tsukuyomi79 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tsukuyomi79 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DecepticonDon View Post
Actually, that is a misconception.

Read the whole thing.

http://www.reddit.com/r/motorcycles/..._operator_ama/
That's some good reading!

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
tsukuyomi79 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-15-2013, 05:27 PM   #56
Smiggy
Ant_Smith
Fighter
Smiggy's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:20 PM
Smiggy is a glorious beacon of lightSmiggy is a glorious beacon of lightSmiggy is a glorious beacon of lightSmiggy is a glorious beacon of lightSmiggy is a glorious beacon of lightSmiggy is a glorious beacon of lightSmiggy is a glorious beacon of lightSmiggy is a glorious beacon of lightSmiggy is a glorious beacon of lightSmiggy is a glorious beacon of lightSmiggy is a glorious beacon of light

Definitely going to be incorporating some of these ideas!! Probs a silly question, did most of you have to lengthen the wires to barrel? Or did the majority try use what you had a locate using the length available? I hate wires, so if its long enough for relocation with out splicing wires that'll do me

Keyless ignitions so sick...don't think I have the electrical no how to even begin, think I'm brave trying to set up my no clocks, got my self a Veypor dash....yummy :P

Combine this with a relocated key should be a clean look, nice and minimalistic .
Smiggy is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-16-2013, 06:40 AM   #57
OZ-SV
D'ingW upside down
Fighter
OZ-SV's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:20 AM
Flip Offs: 1
OZ-SV is a name known to allOZ-SV is a name known to allOZ-SV is a name known to allOZ-SV is a name known to allOZ-SV is a name known to allOZ-SV is a name known to allOZ-SV is a name known to allOZ-SV is a name known to allOZ-SV is a name known to allOZ-SV is a name known to allOZ-SV is a name known to all

No picture to show as the only key hole is the gas tank.

I've gone keyless
OZ-SV is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-16-2013, 01:19 PM   #58
little13
Soo FOOKIN close!
CF Addict
little13's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:20 AM
Flip Offs: 19
Flipped Off 20 Times in 19 Posts
little13 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!little13 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!little13 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!little13 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!little13 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!little13 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!little13 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!little13 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!little13 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!little13 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!little13 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Ive gone keyless too, but only out of necessity. I smashed my ignition barrel by accident

'Slightly' unhinged...

Doppelganger 599 http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=40163

little13 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-24-2018, 08:28 AM   #59
cdaburnerb
NoObie
Noobie
Local Time: 05:20 PM
cdaburnerb is a NOOB

Great information in this thread, tons of good ideas. Pictures do wonders in this relocation, I really like that blue bike, not sure who's it is but that looks awesome.
cdaburnerb is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Beginner Streetfighter Questions