need computer advice - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Off Topic > Open Discussion > Byte Fighters

Byte Fighters All computer related discussion goes in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > need computer advice

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-10-2013, 07:13 PM   #1
MikeGyver
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
MikeGyver's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:48 AM
Flip Offs: 309
Flipped Off 170 Times in 147 Posts
MikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too much
Default Medal Fighter of the Month 
Default need computer advice

I want to put a computer in the garage and hook up a 40" TV as the monitor with HDMI hookups. 1080p. I want it to be able to surf the Web. Wifi and ethernet available. I have a wireless keyboard and mouse. I would like to be able to be able to open PDFs and work on spreadsheets. It needs to play DVDs or be able to have an external one hooked to it. I dont need the latest and greatest but I dont want videos to be sluggish.

I am not very computer literate. I don't really know what a Roku is. I would prefer Windows since I don't know anything about linux aside from the word.

'98 Ducati 916
'00 Ducati 996
'03 SV650(sold)

Skully Stickers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danbuc View Post
yell, "Built not bought mother fucker!" in there face and then spit on their bike and walk off.
MikeGyver is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived MikeGyver!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-10-2013, 07:16 PM   #2
MikeGyver
MikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too much
Default Re: need computer advice

New or used. Not sure what to budget for this. Say $350?

'98 Ducati 916
'00 Ducati 996
'03 SV650(sold)

Skully Stickers

Quote:
yell, "Built not bought mother fucker!" in there face and then spit on their bike and walk off.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-10-2013, 07:18 PM   #3
medimicated420
GURU
CF Addict
Local Time: 03:48 AM
Flip Offs: 27
Flipped Off 5 Times in 5 Posts
medimicated420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!medimicated420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!medimicated420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!medimicated420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!medimicated420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!medimicated420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!medimicated420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!medimicated420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!medimicated420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!medimicated420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!medimicated420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

If you want I can build you a pretty badass rig for that price.
medimicated420 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived medimicated420!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-10-2013, 07:19 PM   #4
rubbersdown
sickboy
CF Pimp
rubbersdown's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 37
Flipped Off 45 Times in 29 Posts
rubbersdown is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!rubbersdown is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!rubbersdown is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!rubbersdown is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!rubbersdown is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!rubbersdown is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!rubbersdown is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!rubbersdown is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!rubbersdown is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!rubbersdown is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!rubbersdown is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

get on newegg.com and find an Acer laptop in your price range. Cant go wrong as far as im concerned. Good shit for the money and doesnt usually come with all the little bullshit trial programs and spam that most do.

"Sex addicts are just guys who are telling the truth." - Rodney Ruxin
rubbersdown is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-10-2013, 07:47 PM   #5
MikeGyver

I considered buying a new laptop but I know there are some specific tv computers but I don't know if they do what I need.

Will the computer be able to output the correct ratio for the widescreen tv?

'98 Ducati 916
'00 Ducati 996
'03 SV650(sold)

Skully Stickers

Quote:
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-10-2013, 08:10 PM   #6
taylorjr
Forearm of Steel

CF Pimp
taylorjr's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 67
Flipped Off 29 Times in 21 Posts
taylorjr spends too much time on heretaylorjr spends too much time on heretaylorjr spends too much time on heretaylorjr spends too much time on heretaylorjr spends too much time on heretaylorjr spends too much time on heretaylorjr spends too much time on heretaylorjr spends too much time on heretaylorjr spends too much time on heretaylorjr spends too much time on heretaylorjr spends too much time on here

yes. just a little messing around in the settings should fix things right up.

As I suggested earlier, a roku box is great for streaming but it sounds like that's not what you're after. Basically all a Roku does is connect to tons of streaming services, including netflix, amazon, hulu plus, etc and puts it all right in front of you.

I'd like to see the $350 rig you'd put together medi.
taylorjr is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-10-2013, 08:14 PM   #7
MikeGyver

Black Friday is close. Maybe I should looks for those deals and see what pops up.

'98 Ducati 916
'00 Ducati 996
'03 SV650(sold)

Skully Stickers

Quote:
This user High Fived MikeGyver!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-10-2013, 08:15 PM   #8
94yzf75fighter
GURU
CF Pimp
94yzf75fighter's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 39
Flipped Off 61 Times in 21 Posts
94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here

This sounds like a great idea. Have a problem fix it with the help of a 40in breakdown right in front of you. I would defiantly put one in my garage if the price could be $350 or less for everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatFighter View Post
shut the fuck up crybaby, this is MY bike, I prefer it to look like shit and then eat a Busa for breakfast and fart out CBR900RR's mid afternoon. Then have a side order of S1000RR's for dinner! I want to piss on the ego of every douche bag "fast guy" squid in the region.
05 zx636- winter build off fighter project
"The Dedication"- http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=74929
"The Dedication" discussion- http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=74937
94yzf75fighter is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived 94yzf75fighter!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-10-2013, 08:25 PM   #9
rubbersdown
sickboy
CF Pimp
rubbersdown's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 37
Flipped Off 45 Times in 29 Posts
rubbersdown is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!rubbersdown is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!rubbersdown is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!rubbersdown is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!rubbersdown is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!rubbersdown is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!rubbersdown is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!rubbersdown is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!rubbersdown is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!rubbersdown is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!rubbersdown is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

I have a laptop in my shop that I use for diagnostic, parts ordering and entertainment. One thing I love about the Acer I use is that the keyboard is only like $8 on ebay and takes 90 seconds to switch out. So I order a couple of em and keep em on hand because being in a shop my keyboard gets fucked up with oil and grease and all sorts of ish.

"Sex addicts are just guys who are telling the truth." - Rodney Ruxin
rubbersdown is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived rubbersdown!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-10-2013, 08:36 PM   #10
taylorjr
Forearm of Steel

CF Pimp
taylorjr's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 67
Flipped Off 29 Times in 21 Posts
taylorjr spends too much time on heretaylorjr spends too much time on heretaylorjr spends too much time on heretaylorjr spends too much time on heretaylorjr spends too much time on heretaylorjr spends too much time on heretaylorjr spends too much time on heretaylorjr spends too much time on heretaylorjr spends too much time on heretaylorjr spends too much time on heretaylorjr spends too much time on here

yes, black friday would be a good place to start... if you can get in line early enough.
taylorjr is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived taylorjr!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Off Topic > Open Discussion > Byte Fighters