Matty's Italian Job (Benelli Tornado TRE 900) - Page 14 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Other Motorcycle Discussion

Other Motorcycle Discussion Anything about any other type of motorcycle goes in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Matty's Italian Job (Benelli Tornado TRE 900)

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-05-2019, 05:16 PM   #131
Mattson
Stressed Member
CF Pimp
Mattson's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:05 AM
Flip Offs: 23
Flipped Off 33 Times in 21 Posts
Mattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Matty's Italian Job (Benelli Tornado TRE 900)

Swapped ends for a change and took apart the damaged front fairing stay.

Before...

...and after technowelding the tear. Not exactly pretty but should hold and apart from these pics no one else is ever gonna see it anyway.

Benelli Tornado TRE Novecento 2006
EX: Triumph Daytona 955i DSSA 2002 Fighter
My homebrew blog thread thingy: Oddball Brewery
Mattson is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Mattson!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-06-2019, 01:34 PM   #132
tldave
CF Addict
tldave's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:05 PM
Flip Offs: 5
Flipped Off 68 Times in 40 Posts
tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

damn dude. dont let the bike beat you. I have a worthless f4i I refuse to let beat me. fucking piece of shit. at least yours is a cool bike lol
tldave is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived tldave!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-06-2019, 01:53 PM   #133
Mattson
Stressed Member
CF Pimp
Mattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month 

Thx man chipping away at it bit by bit when time money and motivation permits. Other shit is within manageable but that damn neutral sensor is giving me a serious headache. Learnt from another forum that the gearbox has to be on fourth when extracting the sensor or the gear cassette or the sensor will break. And it needs a special tool to be fitted (which can be fairly easily made) and it's extremely sensitive about the distance with the drum so it has to be shimmed until it works properly.... Yea I like a challence but fucking come on...

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-07-2019, 07:44 AM   #134
tldave
CF Addict
tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

the number of times you have mentioned it means you are gonna end up fixing it. lol. you guys are so anal up in northern europe hahah.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-09-2019, 10:43 AM   #135
Mattson
Stressed Member
CF Pimp
Fighter of the Month 

After spending the last few days in almost 40c fever was getting stir crazy inside so when the meds started to kick in just had to pop into the garage for a while. Decided to take a leaf out of tldave's book and slotted the bolts kicking myself why did I not think of this. Goddamn they were TIGHT, I'm surprised the threads on the cam caps had not given out...

...but after a fair bit of pounding this happened! Yass. Only problem was to get the engine to rotate for valve clearances I had to unscrew the not-once fired spark plugs and sure enough the cyl 3 plug thread is fucked again. Debating with myself what to do with that but when the kids go to bed gonna do the clearances.

These people High Fived Mattson!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-10-2019, 05:52 PM   #136
Mattson
Stressed Member
CF Pimp
Fighter of the Month 

Last night fell through because the fever made a comeback but today was feeling strong enough to go do some tinkering, went to the garage, beelined straight where I knew for fact the feeler gauge will be waiting for me, found an empty pouch with the gauge nowhere to be seen. What. The. Hell. No-one else, aside from my wife, has access to the space and she says she`s been nowhere near, I believe her since she`s been herding the kids inside and the Benelli shop manual is still on the pram which is the only thing for her to come in for anyway, so the question lingers what has become of my brand new gauge?! Searched high and low to no avail until I decided not going to waste the entire evening on something that is not imperative to achieve today and moved onto something I knew would be within the remaining time constraint.

The valve cover. I tried cleaning it up as well as I could when it was still on the engine to prevent as much impurities from entering as possible but upon closer inspection I discovered it to be quite the cesspool still so further scrubbing especially around the plug wells was prerequisite upon the next phase.

Much to my glee I found out the ages old bottle of Nitro still appears to pack a punch regardless that the goopy gel-like liquid used to be bright green and somewhat translucent but for reasons unbeknownst to me has now turned closer to rusty brown and completely opaque.

Here after most of the paint has been removed it is quite evident where the Benelli engineers made a grave mistake placing the airbox drain plug directly above the center cylinder. Water seeping in has destroyed numerous original spark coils which had vents in order to cool the coil but after parking the water draining out of the airbox had a straight line into the coil as well a corroding the valve cover. This one will need a second treating around the edges as well as a light sanding but it is still well withing repair, specially since I`m not planning to hunt down the paint code for the single part in the whole bike to be of said color but will be applying a few coatings of wrinkle black when it comes to that.

These people High Fived Mattson!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-11-2019, 04:55 PM   #137
tldave
CF Addict

hey I helped someone! lol.

The number of times I have done some shit wrong is innumerable. I hope you get that thing rideable. its an awesome bike. I think you need to forego all illusion and accept the fact that you are doing a full restoration lol.

I do it for bikes I make 500$ on sometimes. Gotta gettem done once you are invested in them. It has made me efficient though. Think about it this way. You do it right once, you know how to do it right, people will then pay you to restore theirs, and you can charge them a bunch. Doing a restoration on a 954 right now. 1000$ for cosmetic and basic settup and bodywork and suspension swap etc etc.
These people High Fived tldave!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-11-2019, 05:10 PM   #138
Mattson
Stressed Member
CF Pimp
Fighter of the Month 

Tell U a secret, I`m still debating over dropping the lump or not. If I`d lift the head I could fix the plug threads but I`ve heard numerous ghosts stories about the casting to be too soft so getting it off, planed, new gaskets etc will get costly and might be a bridge too far at this point of life so might try to weasel out this round and do those things the next winter after I get a full season on her to determine what else is needed cus FFS I`ve only ridden the whole thing a few times!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-11-2019, 10:29 PM   #139
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 57
Flipped Off 115 Times in 102 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

I thought this thing was a 4 cyl. It's a triple?!

I don't know much about motorsickles
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-11-2019, 11:12 PM   #140
SEBSPEED
V4's FTW
SEBSPEED's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 53
Flipped Off 56 Times in 46 Posts
SEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyribs View Post
I thought this thing was a 4 cyl. It's a triple?!

I don't know much about motorsickles
If it was, they would have called it Quattro instead of Tre. Lol

Find me on Facebook at Sebspeed Customs

Float like a Goldwing, sting like a gixxer

2015 FOTY VFR750

2016 threads
Turbo 7/11

750 Slingshot
Discussion thread

2017 thread
VFR800 Build
SEBSPEED is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived SEBSPEED!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Other Motorcycle Discussion