Matty's Italian Job (Benelli Tornado TRE 900) - Page 15 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Other Motorcycle Discussion

Other Motorcycle Discussion Anything about any other type of motorcycle goes in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Matty's Italian Job (Benelli Tornado TRE 900)

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-12-2019, 12:11 AM   #141
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:18 PM
Flip Offs: 57
Flipped Off 115 Times in 102 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Matty's Italian Job (Benelli Tornado TRE 900)

TRE doesn't mean much to a guy where I come from.
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-12-2019, 12:36 AM   #142
Mattson
Stressed Member
CF Pimp
Mattson's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:18 AM
Flip Offs: 23
Flipped Off 33 Times in 21 Posts
Mattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month 

It even uses the exact same ECM unit as the 955i Daytona

Benelli Tornado TRE Novecento 2006
EX: Triumph Daytona 955i DSSA 2002 Fighter
My homebrew blog thread thingy: Oddball Brewery
Mattson is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-12-2019, 01:43 PM   #143
ROBBO
MAJOR FOOKIN' CATASTROPHY
ROBBO's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 643
Flipped Off 1,366 Times in 753 Posts
ROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month Default Medal Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEBSPEED View Post
If it was, they would have called it Quattro instead of Tre. Lol

Ha they spel like I do

...ALL FOR ONE AND ONE FOR ALL...
ROBBO' 2009

2019 winter build thred GL1100 https://www.customfighters.com/forum...d.php?t=136656
2019 winter build discus place http://www.customfighters.com/forums...d.php?t=136658

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoker View Post

Fucking reaper better fear me.
ROBBO is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived ROBBO!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-12-2019, 01:56 PM   #144
ROBBO
MAJOR FOOKIN' CATASTROPHY
ROBBO's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 643
Flipped Off 1,366 Times in 753 Posts
ROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month Default Medal Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattson View Post

Awesom frame !

...ALL FOR ONE AND ONE FOR ALL...
ROBBO' 2009

2019 winter build thred GL1100 https://www.customfighters.com/forum...d.php?t=136656
2019 winter build discus place http://www.customfighters.com/forums...d.php?t=136658

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoker View Post

Fucking reaper better fear me.
ROBBO is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-12-2019, 06:57 PM   #145
Mattson
Stressed Member
CF Pimp
Mattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month 

Slightly better. Tomorrow if time permits acid etch primer, got another project on the table that`s kinda urgent as the winter`s throwing it`s worst at us.

This user High Fived Mattson!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-13-2019, 03:16 AM   #146
tldave
CF Addict
tldave's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 5
Flipped Off 68 Times in 40 Posts
tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

if the motor turns out to be a bust couldn't you just put a 955i in it?
tldave is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-13-2019, 03:37 AM   #147
Mattson
Stressed Member
CF Pimp
Fighter of the Month 

Wouldn't be anywhere near the same. This has straight cut gears, the engine design itself is completely different although also a triple plus I'm not at all sure if I could register such a mongrel. The engine did run quite well when I parked it aside the fouling of the spark plugs which turned out to be a faulty TPS+user error but there's one thing that came up on another forum and has started troubling me: the cam chain is almost completely dry.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-14-2019, 01:25 PM   #148
Mattson
Stressed Member
CF Pimp
Fighter of the Month 

Tee pix from last night, meant to post but passed out on the computer chair.

First the acid etch primer. Can said it'd be dark grey but it appears to be off white.

Light color primer creates a little problem with this paint as to create the wrinkly pattern the nozzle shoots out tiny globs of paint instead of a steady mist so getting an even coat over uneven surfaces can be troublesome because if you get an area "wet" it evens out when setting.

Got it looking somewhat decent, alas trying to get the shadows off the center area I got the sides a little too wet so when I went to see it this morning the long sides have smoothed out a little.

Had an idea regarding the plug thread, will need to source a few bits but I think it's within doable. Then need to either find the damn feeler gauge or get a second... scratch that a third one. From what I've gathered the gear cassette can be extracted from the engine without splitting the blocks by merely bolting the side panel off so that should give me access to the neutral switch, will need to study this a little further.

EDIT: yes it seems the whole gearbox can be pulled out just by removing ten things. Nine of them are the cover plate screws. The tenth is the clutch assy so need to open the right side as well. Need to clean up the garage before that.

These people High Fived Mattson!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-16-2019, 05:18 PM   #149
Mattson
Stressed Member
CF Pimp
Fighter of the Month 

Fuck it, in for a penny in for a pound. Might as well make her right while I`m at it.

a game of find the fucker. Of course the one bolt that is the locator just had to be overtightened and stripped the head, nearing midnight so can`t bash it open til tomorrow. Looks like gonna have to cut the chain too but after that the gear cassette should just slide off.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-17-2019, 10:52 AM   #150
Mattson
Stressed Member
CF Pimp
Fighter of the Month 

Got the gear cassette out, only to find whoever had snapped the neutral sensor has also snapped an extractor stud into the middle of the remains!!! Extremely good advice appreciated.

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Other Motorcycle Discussion