Matty's Italian Job (Benelli Tornado TRE 900) - Page 17 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Other Motorcycle Discussion

Other Motorcycle Discussion Anything about any other type of motorcycle goes in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Matty's Italian Job (Benelli Tornado TRE 900)

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-23-2019, 11:12 AM   #161
Mattson
Stressed Member
CF Pimp
Mattson's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:44 AM
Flip Offs: 23
Flipped Off 33 Times in 21 Posts
Mattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Matty's Italian Job (Benelli Tornado TRE 900)

Was priming for an afternoon nap on the living room sofa when all of the sudden I got a sort of an epiphany, not like a faint hint of an idea or a vague concept but ready plans from start to finish. Needless to say nap didn't happen...

...because this did. Results in the next episode, need to score a few things like a bottle of rost flash etc before attempting this for real.

Benelli Tornado TRE Novecento 2006
EX: Triumph Daytona 955i DSSA 2002 Fighter
My homebrew blog thread thingy: Oddball Brewery
Mattson is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Mattson!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-24-2019, 12:00 AM   #162
tldave
CF Addict
tldave's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:44 PM
Flip Offs: 5
Flipped Off 68 Times in 40 Posts
tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

I'm not smart enough to understand whats going on here. It looks like you did a thing.

Did your thing go, or did it not'nt go?
tldave is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-04-2019, 08:00 PM   #163
tldave
CF Addict
tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

update bro

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-05-2019, 04:30 PM   #164
Mattson
Stressed Member
CF Pimp
Mattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month 

It did fuck all... No matter what I throw at the sensor I cannot get the thing to budge, no heat cold or force is doing anything to it so going to leave the sensor as is. Haven't had time or energy to do much lately so not much to update.

The thing I was trying to do is a sort of a screw press with a drillbit tip to exert static force upon the extractor bit whilst trying to nudge it loose with heat/cold. All I can say is that bastard is in there TOIT. Completely oilproof too, hell even the drain plug bolt is leaking but not this, not a drop.

Had a peek in the oil pan. Surprisingly all bolts, although ridiculously tight, came out without the threads but one head was rounded out. Gonna replace all with allen bolts later.

Found the extractor tip from the bottom, doubt it would have gone into the pump but the crank can clearly be seen from the opening so better not take any chances.

To the caveman Og who had previously dismantled this engine apparently with a flint axe or sth, before you ram things between sealing surfaces it might be a good idea to learn what those ears are for that you have rammed your things right next to!!! I no longer wonder why there was half a tube of the red stuff between there...

Well some good news at least, all valve clearances are bang on the low mark of the spec like they'd recently been done, BUT:

How worried should I be of this? That's #2 intakes.

Dicking around with some scrap alu I found for ideas on how to mount the gear display, not particularily happy with this design as the thin part flexes making the bracket wobbly, might try again using the dash mount stud, should make the leg part shorter.

Need to sort this clusterfuck if I decide to keep the display. IMO the only situation where the use of these things is approved is either this or die in the desert, and should still be removed at the first found settlement...

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-06-2019, 06:43 PM   #165
XxGRYMMxX
Breaking shit...
CF Pimp
XxGRYMMxX's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 8
Flipped Off 13 Times in 10 Posts
XxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on here

does that cam lobe feel rough or out of like theres a dip at the rough spot? If not, dont worry too much. it IS a part under friction/pressure; even with oil in between, some wear is normal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcantar View Post
They can ban, outlaw, and restrict whatever they please. I'll keep doing whatever the fuck I'm doing, because I don't really give a shit. The only thing that will change is that I'll be breaking their made up bullshit rules while doing it, and I'm comfortable with that.

My Build http://www.customfighters.com/forums...d.php?t=118649
XxGRYMMxX is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived XxGRYMMxX!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-07-2019, 01:03 AM   #166
Mattson
Stressed Member
CF Pimp
Fighter of the Month 

Gonna check, didn't fiddle with it. I have read though that this engine has exceptionally stiff valve springs which might also play a role in it, but good to know it's not an instant sign of a coming disaster.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-07-2019, 03:35 PM   #167
Mattson
Stressed Member
CF Pimp
Fighter of the Month 

Popped in the garage and pawed the cam, both lobes have this ever so slight rough spot a bit off 12-o-clock, other than that can`t feel a damn thing.

Hoping to get something done over the weekend but got several jobs lined up with higher urgency rating than this ATM.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-08-2019, 08:28 PM   #168
XxGRYMMxX
Breaking shit...
CF Pimp
XxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on here

Keep up on your oil changes and check it next valve adj. You have a pic of now to compare with later but you'll probably be fine. I see marks like that in engines all the time (cars but not really any difference)

Quote:
They can ban, outlaw, and restrict whatever they please. I'll keep doing whatever the fuck I'm doing, because I don't really give a shit. The only thing that will change is that I'll be breaking their made up bullshit rules while doing it, and I'm comfortable with that.

XxGRYMMxX is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-11-2019, 10:04 AM   #169
tldave
CF Addict

zinc help arrest potential progression?
This user High Fived tldave!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-12-2019, 10:49 AM   #170
XxGRYMMxX
Breaking shit...
CF Pimp

Ive heard zinc additives helps but I havent used any in the stuff I do at work. we usually just use high quality oil and call it a day.

Quote:

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Other Motorcycle Discussion