Matty's Italian Job (Benelli Tornado TRE 900) - Page 20 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Other Motorcycle Discussion

Other Motorcycle Discussion Anything about any other type of motorcycle goes in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Matty's Italian Job (Benelli Tornado TRE 900)

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-25-2019, 06:45 PM   #191
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:55 PM
Flip Offs: 57
Flipped Off 115 Times in 102 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Matty's Italian Job (Benelli Tornado TRE 900)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattson View Post

"Calibrate the anti-hopping device of the final internal teeth disc outside the conductor engine. If changed it must have the same initial thickness."
Internal teeth discs would be the steels,right? Because the cork discs have external teeth.

So, for the slipper to be setup right, measure the steel stack outside off the clutch basket? The clutch is the "conductor" as it's what transfers energy from the crank to the trans?

I don't know what the "initial thickness" was or is, but maybe it's related to the extra steel you have?

And it won't hurt to run a steel against the steel. The internal teeth are keyed together on the clutch hub, so they'l never turn independently and gouge each other. It'll just act as a thick steel. Does the manual give a dimension as to what the overall clutch pack should measure? It must not be super critical as it would need to accommodate normal wear of the cork discs.
shinyribs is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived shinyribs!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-25-2019, 06:53 PM   #192
Mattson
Stressed Member
CF Pimp
Mattson's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:55 AM
Flip Offs: 23
Flipped Off 33 Times in 21 Posts
Mattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month 

Ah, dummy me, never occurred to me two steels would not grind against each other and now that you mentioned it once the pack wears down it might just be it needs the extra steel to still reach the pressure plate! Testing that tomorrow, 1am ATM, need to hit the sack in a moment.

No the manual does not provide a measurement for the complete stack and is being irritatingly vague about a lot of other things as well! For example still at a loss about WTF is the anti hopping device, is it referring to the slipper itself being the anti-hopping of the rear tire? Still cannot fathom why and how is the outer-most steel disc in any way critical for it`s function.

Benelli Tornado TRE Novecento 2006
EX: Triumph Daytona 955i DSSA 2002 Fighter
My homebrew blog thread thingy: Oddball Brewery
Mattson is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-25-2019, 07:31 PM   #193
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

I would imagine the anti-hopping device would be referring to the slipper clutch. Anti and hop arepretty universal terms. Slipper is more of a slang term. Could be wrong, but that'd be my guess.
shinyribs is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-25-2019, 10:22 PM   #194
mcantar
Fuck it, let's do it live

CF Pimp
mcantar's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:55 PM
Flip Offs: 44
Flipped Off 20 Times in 19 Posts
mcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympus

Quote:
Originally Posted by tldave View Post
also, if you have completely borked alum bolt holes, clean the fuck out of them, grind up alum into powder, mix it with jb weld, fill hole, redrill and tap. aircraft mechanics do this. i don't know what the ratio of alum powder to jb is. google does though.
@Mattson don't do this.

The bread trick is legit though, definitely keep that one in your tool bag.

Hypermotard 1100S the weight-shavening.
Bandit 1200 cafe/fighter that will never get finished at this rate.
Turbo Busa v2 2017 Buildoff.
Turbo Busa V1.2 2016 Buildoff.
Turbo Busa v1.1
919 Hornet build'n'flip, lotsa electrical diagnostic info in there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poopie View Post
Everything should be turbo'd, and what the fuck is a budget?
mcantar is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-26-2019, 01:58 AM   #195
Mattson
Stressed Member
CF Pimp
Mattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month 

^ I actually have a two part product called chemical metal in the shelf, one part is some sort of resin, the other is a jar of mega-fine aluminum powder, they claim you can do exactly that with it. I patched the tank on rex's subaru with it, bummer it was the wrong one for the car...

If no one has any wisdom to share regarding the clutch gonna restack it tonight with the extra steel, it was there and it worked so I guess it should be there, dunno just seems weird putting two steels back to back...

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-26-2019, 09:56 AM   #196
tldave
CF Addict
tldave's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 5
Flipped Off 68 Times in 40 Posts
tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

is it a good slipper clutch? maybe there is a reason it was disabled. I hate all rider aids. I like my bikes like I like my women, lots of bottom end, and ready to kill you in an instant. and that jb shit works bro. probably much higher grade aircraft or marine shit you can use, but jb and alum works fine. or you just ram a standard bolt in with jb weld all over it. Im that asshole. But I work on fucking bikes that come out of junkyards and barns. fuck it.
tldave is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-26-2019, 09:58 AM   #197
tldave
CF Addict
tldave's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 5
Flipped Off 68 Times in 40 Posts
tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

also, who said you have to remove the bottom race? shouldn't you be able to do some surgical shit and drop a new bunch of roller bearings in one at a time?
tldave is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-26-2019, 10:15 AM   #198
Mattson
Stressed Member
CF Pimp
Fighter of the Month 

The bearing cage is rusted to shit and a new bearing is like a fiver, just need some noise time in the garage to make kebab of the old one with a dremel or sth, cant make excessive noise after kids bedtime as they sleep directly above the bike lift.

Judging from the rest of the bike the clutch was just assembled wrong, had a chin wag about it on a local forum and I'm fairly confident I now grasp the idea of how it should work and based on that I can say some of the internals are assembled upside down.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-26-2019, 10:19 AM   #199
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
Fighter of the Month 

There's also the trick of laying weld inside a bearing race. When cooled it'll shrink down and practically fall out. If you have access for something like that.
This user High Fived shinyribs!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-26-2019, 12:00 PM   #200
Mattson
Stressed Member
CF Pimp
Fighter of the Month 

Got a mig rig though way too small a place to do that. I think I can piece it out just havent had the chance to try.

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Other Motorcycle Discussion