Matty's Italian Job (Benelli Tornado TRE 900) - Page 22 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Other Motorcycle Discussion

Other Motorcycle Discussion Anything about any other type of motorcycle goes in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Matty's Italian Job (Benelli Tornado TRE 900)

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-03-2019, 10:29 PM   #211
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:47 PM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 116 Times in 103 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Matty's Italian Job (Benelli Tornado TRE 900)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattson View Post
Stress
Well played

And that's not a burn. Hell...it ain't even black! Joking aside, mustard works real well on burns. If you can get it on there within a minute or so it completely keeps it from blistering. Something to do with turmeric, I think. Anyway, burns suck. They hurt forever. Good luck with that, and glad to see the tide is starting to turn on the bike repairs
shinyribs is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-04-2019, 05:10 AM   #212
tldave
CF Addict
tldave's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 5
Flipped Off 71 Times in 42 Posts
tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

I find it best to just cut off the burnt skin the instant it bubbles. that way we get through the stingy part in a day, and it's on to the healing asap. I have to provide all my own medical care though, uninsured, so I like to get shit done fast. luckily I don't get infections.
tldave is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-04-2019, 06:05 AM   #213
Mattson
Stressed Member
Mattson's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:47 PM
Flip Offs: 24
Flipped Off 33 Times in 21 Posts
Mattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month 

When I was just a wee lad we were on a holiday in the Canary islands, being about the color of a blackboard chalk and spending a lot of time in the ocean I managed to get a nasty sunburn on my face bad enough that it developed a sizeable blister on my cheek. One day we were on a bus tour up the mountains and stopped at a small town where the locals were selling trinkets and knick-knacks to the tourists. This elderly lady well in her seventies saw me behind her table and started speaking in a heated manner pointing at my cheek, in spanish I presume as I understood about three words from what she was saying. I got pretty spooked when she suddenly pulled a machete about the length of my leg from under her table yelling uno momento to me several times, baffled I stood there watching the wrinkled woman darting up the slope behind here with the grace of a mountain goat quickly vanishing from view. Before long she returned with a piece of what looked like a cactus to me, by this point our tour guide had joined us at the table translating to us that the lady was saying to wipe the cheek with the piece of what turned out to be aloe plant a couple times a day, handed the piece to us in a ziplock bag, refusing any payment. We thanked and continued on our journey with the bag in my pocket. I started to wipe the injury with the piece as told and sure enough about three or four days afrer there wasn't a single trace of the blister ever being there. That burned into my brain (pun intended) deep enough never to be forgotten. So if you ever manage to get a burn, apply aloe in as pure form as you can get a hold of.

Benelli Tornado TRE Novecento 2006
EX: Triumph Daytona 955i DSSA 2002 Fighter
My homebrew blog thread thingy: Oddball Brewery
Mattson is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Mattson!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-04-2019, 05:30 PM   #214
Mattson
Stressed Member
Mattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month 

Right I got pretty much everything else covered but the exhaust gaskets are giving me a hard time. The size I need is 52x35.5x6mm and the type of gasket is this:

I could get them from the dealership but idk feels kinda steep paying seventy goddamn four euros for three crush gaskets... any tips or hints deeply appreciated.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-05-2019, 09:33 AM   #215
SEBSPEED
V4's FTW
SEBSPEED's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 53
Flipped Off 56 Times in 46 Posts
SEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

Measure the ID/OD of the port and buy the better copper type. Delkevic carries a large assortment of both types but IMO the copper type are much better.

Find me on Facebook at Sebspeed Customs

Float like a Goldwing, sting like a gixxer

2015 FOTY VFR750

2016 threads
Turbo 7/11

750 Slingshot
Discussion thread

2017 thread
VFR800 Build
SEBSPEED is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-05-2019, 10:17 AM   #216
mcantar
Fuck it, let's do it live

CF Pimp
mcantar's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:47 AM
Flip Offs: 44
Flipped Off 21 Times in 20 Posts
mcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympus

Copper type are definitely better. The guy that tunes my Busa refuses to use that shit.

Hypermotard 1100S the weight-shavening.
Bandit 1200 cafe/fighter that will never get finished at this rate.
Turbo Busa v2 2017 Buildoff.
Turbo Busa V1.2 2016 Buildoff.
Turbo Busa v1.1
919 Hornet build'n'flip, lotsa electrical diagnostic info in there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poopie View Post
Everything should be turbo'd, and what the fuck is a budget?
mcantar is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-05-2019, 11:06 AM   #217
Mattson
Stressed Member
Fighter of the Month 

Problem is the size, 52x35.5(36) seems to be quite rare, gonna do some further digging later but so far no luck.

Got the clutch actuator bearings and the waterpump o-rings today, 15,50eur, managed to move the comma one digit to the left also got a new plug for the #3 cyl and a chain masterlink. depending on how much noise time I can queeze from the missus who has two evening shifts at weekend, should be able to finish several jobs around the bike. After that all I should need are the exhaust gaskets and engine oil.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-05-2019, 11:38 AM   #218
SEBSPEED
V4's FTW
SEBSPEED's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 53
Flipped Off 56 Times in 46 Posts
SEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

Is that what you've measured, or what the book calls for? You might find one close in size that works

Find me on Facebook at Sebspeed Customs

Float like a Goldwing, sting like a gixxer

2015 FOTY VFR750

2016 threads
Turbo 7/11

750 Slingshot
Discussion thread

2017 thread
VFR800 Build
SEBSPEED is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-05-2019, 11:44 AM   #219
Mattson
Stressed Member
Fighter of the Month 

Measured, the manual does not provide a size for it, only a part number. Thing is I'm having a hard time finding ANY exhaust gaskets other than if specified to a vehicle. Can't at least locally find any dealer that would sell them by size.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-05-2019, 01:52 PM   #220
Mattson
Stressed Member
Fighter of the Month 

Managed to find exhaust gaskets, they're fibre alloy but I'll gladly take them over nothing. Coming from UK, something went sideways on the order process though and the site only charged me for the parts and nothing for shipping, wonder if I should send an email or just sit it out waiting if they send or contact... Not in a hurry but don't like unconfirmed situations...

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Other Motorcycle Discussion