The "Not A Harley" Bagger Build - Page 2 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > The "Not A Harley" Bagger Build

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-16-2018, 07:49 AM   #11
JamesHambleton
Wanna be racer

CF Addict
JamesHambleton's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:51 PM
Flip Offs: 12
Flipped Off 8 Times in 5 Posts
JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Re: The "Not A Harley" Bagger Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fight Everything View Post
Something's happening!
Dust collecting?
JamesHambleton is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived JamesHambleton!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-16-2018, 09:29 PM   #12
Fight Everything
Rollin hard in Wiscompton

CF Pimp
Fight Everything's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:51 PM
Flip Offs: 55
Flipped Off 45 Times in 35 Posts
Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

Bike is home! And holy fuck I need to clean the unit out. Toolbox isnt here anymore because it's up at the shop now for my night job, I've barely been to the unit since. I need to do some serious cleaning so I can do some fucking work in there again.

I gotta find some handlebars for this thing. The bike got knocked over hard. Right side is bent up, rear signals are broke. Doesn't look like it happened on the road, I don't see any rashing.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-12-16 18.30.47.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	856.1 KB
ID:	103298   Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-12-16 18.31.12.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	650.1 KB
ID:	103300   Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-12-16 18.35.23.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	684.0 KB
ID:	103302  
Fight Everything is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Fight Everything!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-21-2018, 12:49 AM   #13
Fight Everything

CF Pimp
Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Quick score tonight. Set of handlebars from a Honda, plus some aftermarket lights that actually have decent wiring (12g instead of that tiny 18g crap), 20 bucks total.

Bars arent remotely the style i want, but they're also not bent to shit!

Gonna be working on the bike this weekend, see if I cant get it to fire up!

Edit: these lights are actually pretty damn decent, even if the bulbs are shit. Did a quick battery tap test, the bright filament is only marginally brighter than the dim filament. But solid housings, and adequate wiring. Might throw some LED bulbs in these and use them on the build. If I don't use them here I'll use them on SteamRat
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2018-12-20 21.49.37.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	3.16 MB
ID:	103334  
Fight Everything is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-21-2018, 10:48 AM   #14
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:51 PM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 116 Times in 103 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

Damn! Thems some wide bars! You never know, they might feel awesome with the seating position. Good to see things happening in here.
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-22-2018, 11:03 PM   #15
Fight Everything

CF Pimp

Had a little bit of a go at the bike tonight. Started to assess what it needs and what shape its all in. Turns out that other than the broken signals and bent up handlebars, she's primo.

Previous owner had a 12v outlet under the side cover, there's a buckle on each side where they had a bag on the back seat, I'd say this bike did some traveling. I'm looking forward to putting miles on it.

Anyway, got the ignition cylinder out. Gonna see if the local locksmith can cut a key for me so I don't have to replace all the locks on the bike.

Tried jump it. Either the tank is actually empty (no key, cant tell, fuel light wasn't on) or the petcock isn't working right. Bike spun over but no popping or attempts to start. Carbs look easier to remove than Honda V45 carbs at least.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2018-12-22 18.52.17.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	1.03 MB
ID:	103342   Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-12-22 18.52.25.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	1,018.3 KB
ID:	103344   Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-12-22 18.52.28.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	1.02 MB
ID:	103346   Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-12-22 18.52.33.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	760.0 KB
ID:	103348   Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-12-22 18.52.43.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	1.10 MB
ID:	103350  

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-22-2018, 11:23 PM   #16
Fight Everything

CF Pimp

Kickstand switch is crusty, had to use pliars to wiggle it in and out to make the light go out. So that needs replacing.

Front and rear brakes got rock solid pressure (will flush and bleed anyway), but clutch is floppy. Didn't have a ton of fluid in it. Will either rebuild or replace.

Interesting note though, the brake and clutch masters had the bore size cast in on them. 5/8 on the brake, 14mm on the clutch. Don't think I've seen that before, or at least I've never paid attention.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2018-12-22 18.53.04.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	976.2 KB
ID:	103352   Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-12-22 18.53.11.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	853.8 KB
ID:	103354   Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-12-22 18.53.18.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	1.07 MB
ID:	103356   Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-12-22 18.53.50.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	1.16 MB
ID:	103358  
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-23-2018, 04:50 PM   #17
Fight Everything

CF Pimp

Well shit....good news and bad. So I bought a set of bars, and honestly they're not much different in shape from the originals. So I go and strip it all down, start to put the bars in.....to realize the originals are 1", not 7/8" lol.

Bad new because now I gotta find another set of bars.

Good news because I wanted to go with 1" bars anyway so that I could run Harley switch pods. Now there's no need to try to make 1" bars work, they already do!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2018-12-23 14.55.25.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	1,002.2 KB
ID:	103366  
This user High Fived Fight Everything!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-23-2018, 05:47 PM   #18
JamesHambleton
Wanna be racer

CF Addict
JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Quote:
Tough, the brake and clutch masters had the bore size cast in on them. 5/8 on the brake, 14mm on the clutch. Don't think I've seen that before, or at least I've never paid attention.
They're not usually as prominent as the markings as yours are but they are there. Try and spot this one.
JamesHambleton is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-23-2018, 07:39 PM   #19
Fight Everything

CF Pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesHambleton View Post
They're not usually as prominent as the markings as yours are but they are there. Try and spot this one.
I see it, and see what you mean. I wanna swap over to that style master for both. I need to find them in 1inch
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-24-2018, 04:48 AM   #20
JamesHambleton
Wanna be racer

CF Addict

Quote:
I see it, and see what you mean. I wanna swap over to that style master for both. I need to find them in 1inch
Get get some standard 7/8th ones then Space between this gap.

Then clamp it up and get a 1" drill bit, drill out the hole to 1" using a pillar drill

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes