The "Not A Harley" Bagger Build - Page 3 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > The "Not A Harley" Bagger Build

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-26-2018, 01:32 PM   #21
Fight Everything
Rollin hard in Wiscompton

CF Pimp
Fight Everything's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:05 PM
Flip Offs: 55
Flipped Off 45 Times in 35 Posts
Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 
Default Re: The "Not A Harley" Bagger Build

Yeah, starting to look like that might be my only option right now. At least on the clutch side.
Fight Everything is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-26-2018, 03:50 PM   #22
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:05 PM
Flip Offs: 57
Flipped Off 115 Times in 102 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

Mount up your old 1" bars that are bent, but lop off the bent bits. Recreate the rest of the bars with the 7/8's you just picked up to whatever is comfy and weld them up. Will give you a 1" bridge with space for 7/8" controls. If you do run 1" switchgear you can shim that out, but electrical tape would probably do a fine job. Should allow you to keep all your hand controls.
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived shinyribs!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-26-2018, 07:04 PM   #23
Fight Everything

CF Pimp
Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

No welder here, and I'm not really looking to hack anything right now. I'll just wait until I can order a set of bars
Fight Everything is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-26-2018, 10:48 PM   #24
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:05 PM
Flip Offs: 57
Flipped Off 115 Times in 102 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

Hack?!?! Man, you cut me...ya cut me deep
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived shinyribs!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-27-2018, 12:17 AM   #25
Fight Everything

CF Pimp

Fabbed up items are cool, but I'm not gonna sweat it over a set of bars. I'm like 5 blocks away from a Harley build shop, I live in Milwaukee, there's tons of Harley shit all over. Getting a set of 1" bars will be about as easy as finding snow on a mountain.
This user High Fived Fight Everything!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-12-2019, 01:35 AM   #26
Fight Everything

CF Pimp

Both builds are on total hiatus for a while. Money has been tight, and I said fuckit to the night work. Need to be home at night for a while, have time for myself, wife, etc. It's nice to have nights and weekends back again, for the first time in like.....year and a half. I'm working, wife is working, we're both putting in plenty of hours at our primary jobs, no need for the 2ndary gig. This also means I have time for other things..........like starting my repair company up again!

Picked up a van on the way home from dropping off my keys and truck from the shop I was at. Gotta do some cleanup and small fixes, buy a new toolbox for the van, and start getting inventory and tools together. I'm looking forward to rebuilding!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-01-04 16.18.08.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	1.61 MB
ID:	103596  
These people High Fived Fight Everything!
The Following User Says F-U to Fight Everything For This Post:
Cookie2000ad (01-15-2019)
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-13-2019, 11:23 AM   #27
Junkie
re-tarded
CF Lover
Junkie's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:05 PM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Junkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to all
Fighter of the Month 

You'll probably have to pick up a welder if you want to make Harley bodywork fit, it isn't just gonna bolt up.

A steering damper dampens steering oscillations. If it starts to leak, it may become a steering dampener. There's no such thing as a dampner.

Bikes: naked SV1000 with all the possible bling, WR450SM street legal, 450XCF SM trackbike
Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-13-2019, 03:03 PM   #28
Fight Everything

CF Pimp

Oh I know. Gas tanks will need a couple tabs, fenders will need mounting lugs, and the fairing will need brackets.

Likewise, using the Harley switch pods will require using latching relays to work with the stock signal setup.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-15-2019, 03:03 AM   #29
Cookie2000ad
Back from Oz!
Cookie2000ad's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:05 PM
Flip Offs: 165
Flipped Off 59 Times in 27 Posts
Cookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CK
Default Medal Burnout Contest Winner Fighter of the Month 

Cookie2000ad is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Cookie2000ad!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-15-2019, 12:03 AM   #30
Fight Everything

CF Pimp

Hah! I only JUST caught that.

Well not much to say yet, might finally be able to make a little progress soon. Hoping to get the ignition key cut on my next paycheck, and if I'm lucky, hopefully I'll have a little extra cash to buy some handlebars too. I found a set of EMGO bars I like, the local Cycle Gear and get them for me for 65 bucks. Once I get bars on and have a key I can finally get in the tank and see if I just need to add fuel or if I need to do a full system rebuild. I'm hoping it's bone dry, then I stand a decent chance of just needing a battery and gas to make it run. If that's all it takes, so help me I dont give a fuck if the tires are garbage and it has no plates, I'm finna go for a fucking ride!
This user High Fived Fight Everything!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes