Ahks' "Not a Speed Triple" - Page 42 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Ahks' "Not a Speed Triple"

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-06-2020, 11:40 PM   #411
Ahks
Feckin Eejit!

Ahks's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:43 PM
Flip Offs: 29
Flipped Off 25 Times in 23 Posts
Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Re: Ahks' "Not a Speed Triple"

I’m not ignoring this... work has been done. Just not much because lazy after work :p
Click image for larger version

Name:	Adjustments.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	297.9 KB
ID:	108842
The o-ring inside the fittings on the fuel tank were dead. Looks like buna-n deteriorates enough to weld itself together when living in a petroleum bath that’s slowly turning into turpentine for 6 years... figure viton is in order.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4699.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	654.1 KB
ID:	108844
Bought new male and female fittings (90 FUCKING DOLLARS !... luckily I sold an old Chevy 350 that I’ve had in the garage for over a decade so had some extra cash) and started installing them.

Once I get back out there I can finish those and mount the tank. Next task will be the coolant overflow so I can flush the cooling system.

Soon... soon... maybe my license plate will get here before it’s ready to ride
Ahks is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Ahks!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-07-2020, 01:19 AM   #412
Mattson
Stressed Member
Mattson's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:43 AM
Flip Offs: 25
Flipped Off 34 Times in 22 Posts
Mattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

Those metal connectors are ridiculously expensive but way better than the plastic ones you're always afraid to snap when taking the tank off... Had to put new plastics on mine as I couldn't get the metal ones anywhere without ordering 100 each. Even those were IIRC 70 ish eur.

Yamaha XJR 1300 `99
Ex:Bashan BS200-S7 '07 Street Quad
Ex: Benelli Tornado 900 '06
Ex:Triumph Daytona 955i DSSA '02
Ex:Honda CBR 600 F2 '91
Mattson is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-10-2020, 07:10 AM   #413
Ahks
Feckin Eejit!

Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Only oil and brake flush and fill is left.

...But the oil pressure light is on. 1st step is unplug and see if it’s a short. The sensor apparently closes the circuit to ground, so it could just be stuck after sitting for years. If the light goes out when I unplug it, I’ll remove the sensor and clean it in the hope that it’s just stuck. It’s just a banjo bolt with a sensor, so if the holes are obstructed or gummed up, it could prevent the pressure from getting to the sensor ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Ordering another so it’s already on the way in case I need it :/ The pump wouldn’t have gone bad just sitting, but an oil pickup or galley could be clogged leading to a pressure problem.
These people High Fived Ahks!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-11-2020, 09:24 AM   #414
Ahks
Feckin Eejit!

Yeah... I'm a fucking idiot. It's the check engine light.

Since I was in there, I verified the oil light works by grounding it's to the case to make sure it comes on.

While looking at the oil pressure sensor I did find another very broken vacuum line.

Since I can't sleep through a night anymore, I went out to the garage this morning and replaced that vacuum line and hooked up the laptop to see what the CEL was for. Misfire and IAT sensor circuit open (it was unplugged, so that makes sense :p ).

Coolant flush was done Sunday.
Sorted the "oil pressure problem"
Vacuum line repaired.

Now just have to put shit together again and do a few maintenance bits.
Thinking I may see if any of my old air box clamps from previous bikes will work to seal the air box to the TB's better. All the foolin with coolin on Sunday basically had the air box just sitting on the TB's.

Wonder if I could mod the air box with a set of pod filters so I could have the pod's hose clamps to seal against the TB's without losing too much of the benefit of the air box...
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-11-2020, 10:28 AM   #415
Mattson
Stressed Member
Mattson's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:43 AM
Flip Offs: 25
Flipped Off 34 Times in 22 Posts
Mattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

Ah the famous triumph "warning about fucking everything" light, more lit than not and you need a confuser to check what it's for this time.

Yamaha XJR 1300 `99
Ex:Bashan BS200-S7 '07 Street Quad
Ex: Benelli Tornado 900 '06
Ex:Triumph Daytona 955i DSSA '02
Ex:Honda CBR 600 F2 '91
Mattson is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Mattson!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-21-2020, 12:46 PM   #416
Ahks
Feckin Eejit!

Quote:
Front end
[] Straighten, align, torque, brakes, axle, triples
[] Drain, fill, bleed brakes

Rear end
[] Seat, staple up my old Corbin, or whats left of it
[] Fit plastics, mod bits that need modding to fit
[] Check friction points for brake line, speed sensor wiring, etc
[..] Drain, fill, bleed brakes
[] Adjust chain slack
[] TORQUE PINCH BOLT UNLIKE THAT ONE TIME
[] Torque rear wheel

Other
[] Coolant reservoir (need some brass fittings, a stopper/cap, a way to mount it)
[] Coolant flush and fill
[] Oil+Filter change
[..] Spark plug check
[] Finish the 4ga ground strap
Few bits to add to the list after a few quick rides.
Quote:
[..] Tune [Runs rich... my vin/engine number indicate that it is an early 98 before they changed the cam(s). I think I'm running the late 98 tune...]
[..] Airbox [boots keep coming off the throttle bodies. When the bike was new there was a bracket at the front of the airbox that fixed it in place over the valve cover. Mine apparently broke off at some point. I'm guessing by some asshat that just yanked the airbox off rather than fish an extension under it to remove the screw. I'm betting with that bracket in place the tank would push the airbox down sufficiently to keep the seal.]
[..] Front fender [Shits rubbing real bad but the gap looks sufficient... maybe I left some tube taped under it when I was test fitting things...]
[..] Throttle tube [The r6 throttle is way too twitchy for me. Swapping the stock one back. I really don't need WOT anyway, I hardly ever ride on the highway]
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-11-2020, 04:09 PM   #417
Ahks
Feckin Eejit!

You ever work on something on an off for a couple years and end up hating it?

I dunno wtf my problem is, but now that it's on the road it feels... wrong.
The Following User Says F-U to Ahks For This Post:
Ahks (09-11-2020)

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes