Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

Cheaper way to get to the track.

3K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Shane Liberty 
#1 ·
'03 Honda Element EX (Toy Hauler Edition) lol

I have an F250 Diesel and it's the life sucking costs of driving it 3+ hours to each and every track near us that makes trackdays so expensive. We are looking for creative ways to cut costs so we can go to more events and since we are racing every round of the M1GP this season (both my wife and I) then we are making vehicle changes. lol. I am keeping my F250 at home and taking the wife's car to the track. We can still fit our gear, a cooler and a tent. The gas cans will go on a rack out back.

See less See more
#5 ·
wow never figured u could fit 2 motorcycles in an element. whatever works.

#7 ·
That's got to be a bitch getting two bikes in the back of an Element!

This is the exact reason I got a new cage a couple years back. Picked up a '94 Ranger (traded the kid a Blazer I had $900 bucks in straight across) got a four cylinder, five speed & two wheel drive. Makes low twenties MPG with a bike or two in the back hauling ass down the slab. It's extended cab so my gear & shit can be kept inside & the tailgate makes a perfect loading ramp.

#8 ·
actually I have a Baxley Chalk so it's easy.

I don't think you understand. I have a truck. This is my Truck and trailer when I take full sized bikes to the track>

The issue is that my F250 is overkill for the little bikes at the Kart tracks. Considering my wife and I got the Element for surfing/snowboarding/camping, it's great that it fits the little bikes. We can take it and use the 4 cylinder to get to and from the track on the cheap. It's $50 max to fill her car up to cover the same distance that my F250 can take up to $140. My truck can haul 9 Tons, sure, but last time I checked......I don't have that many bikes to bring in one shot.

We have 2 cars and 6 motorcycles. I am not going to go out and buy another pick up just for hauling bikes to the track. California is way too pricey to keep a vehicle registered and insured (required by law in CA) full time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.