1994 Fireblade Hack - Page 2 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > 1994 Fireblade Hack

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-27-2019, 03:28 PM   #11
tldave
CF Addict
tldave's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:08 AM
Flip Offs: 5
Flipped Off 71 Times in 42 Posts
tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Re: 1994 Fireblade Hack

I like the 16 front. Especially on the fighter. gives it a hotrod look.
tldave is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-28-2019, 04:35 PM   #12
AgentOrange
Aspiring Hooligan
Fighterer
AgentOrange's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:08 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
AgentOrange is a name known to allAgentOrange is a name known to allAgentOrange is a name known to allAgentOrange is a name known to allAgentOrange is a name known to allAgentOrange is a name known to allAgentOrange is a name known to allAgentOrange is a name known to allAgentOrange is a name known to allAgentOrange is a name known to allAgentOrange is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by tldave View Post
I like the 16 front. Especially on the fighter. gives it a hotrod look.
I like it too. Makes it worth the tank slappers.

Did some work on it today. Scuffed back the frame a little, needs more work but it's going the right direction.

A little concerned by the tank embedding itself in the frame. It isn't all the way through or cracked but it's deep.

Made a small box for the battery and electronics

People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs.
AgentOrange is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived AgentOrange!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-28-2019, 05:15 PM   #13
a_morti
GURU

CF Addict
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:08 AM
Flip Offs: 24
Flipped Off 24 Times in 14 Posts
a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

There should be rubber spacers either side of the tank to keep it off the frame. Easy to lose when you take the tank off and if you lose one the other can fall out in use. If they're missing the bike feels bad to ride as the tank shifts around under you.

Looks like still available new, if you don't have anything around the shop.

https://www.bikebandit.com/oem-parts...m2066#sch19145

Don't recommend to leave the regulator there. They run hot in normal use, anything up to 70 degrees Celsius. They lose that heat through the metal plate on the frame. If they can't, they melt and take your alternator and battery with them. They typically only hold out around 30k miles either way. You can tell yours has already done that once as that's an aftermarket regulator.

Aaron, living in Gibraltar and riding a 2014 MSX125 (Grom) with a bunch of shiny shite on it. Slow n loud!
a_morti is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived a_morti!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-28-2019, 06:13 PM   #14
AgentOrange
Aspiring Hooligan
Fighterer
AgentOrange is a name known to allAgentOrange is a name known to allAgentOrange is a name known to allAgentOrange is a name known to allAgentOrange is a name known to allAgentOrange is a name known to allAgentOrange is a name known to allAgentOrange is a name known to allAgentOrange is a name known to allAgentOrange is a name known to allAgentOrange is a name known to all

The bike has 88,000 miles. I'm surprised anything works. I'll definitely screw it to a heat sink.

Thanks for the info the tank spacers, I should have enough crap lying around to make something work.

Should I bother filling the frame with some JB weld or something?

People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs.
This user High Fived AgentOrange!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-29-2019, 12:03 AM   #15
tldave
CF Addict
tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

you should grind it out, and have someone tig a bead all the way along it.

but those frames are pretty sturdy, so unless you are slamming down from standups, ehh? jb welding it wouldnt hurt. can't say it would really do much though.

bike looks nice. you gonna hook up a damper?
This user High Fived tldave!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-29-2019, 02:07 AM   #16
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

IIRC, I've seen one of those frames cut open and the spars are quite sturdy. It's like an extrusion with a few different chambers, not just one open void. The tank gouge sucks, but I wouldn't worry about it.

Bike's looking good, man
shinyribs is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived shinyribs!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-29-2019, 04:19 AM   #17
a_morti
GURU

CF Addict
Local Time: 07:08 AM
Flip Offs: 24
Flipped Off 24 Times in 14 Posts
a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

That's in great shape for age and mileage.

Given the mileage and lack of history, it's probably worth looking at valve clearances, servicing the rear linkage, swing arm bearings, and steering neck. It'll ride nicer for it and breeze through that 100k.

It's also still in original brake lines so the fluid could be ancient. Plenty of stuff to go through. Or just ride it and go with"it'll be fine".

Aaron, living in Gibraltar and riding a 2014 MSX125 (Grom) with a bunch of shiny shite on it. Slow n loud!
a_morti is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived a_morti!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-29-2019, 09:09 AM   #18
AgentOrange
Aspiring Hooligan
Fighterer

Thanks for all the support guys. I'll plan on getting the frame welded in the future and just leave it alone for now. I was looking at dampers but I'm a cheap bastard, I'll put some miles on it before deciding.

Definitely planning on checking valves and replacing/greasing all the bearings I can get to. The carbs and valve cover will come off probably next weekend when I get spark plugs and larger main jets.

Brake fluid and fork oil are next on the list. The pins are seized in the rear caliper, it tweaked over and dug itself in the rotor, I put some pictures of that when I fix it.

This user High Fived AgentOrange!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-29-2019, 11:55 AM   #19
tldave
CF Addict

Depsite all the hate I seem to be getting around here lately, I have more experience with 929s and 954s than anyone here. 900 is just a fat 929/954. I have been dealing with cbr head shake for 20 years. The easiest way to deal with it cheaply is to get the stickiest tire you can, balance it perfectly, rebuild your forks perfectly, make sure your shock is fresh and properly adjusted, and then slightly over torque the top nut on the top bearing. As long as you have ball bearings it works great. Make sure you throw some fresh grease in their, and tighten it down until you have a degree of resistance in it. Then take the bike out and figure out what tire pressures work for you on that bike. I like low-mid 20s on cbrs when pushing them.

I flip bikes for a living. I get bikes with zero resistance and the front ends flop, and others with over torqued triples, and they grind. You can get away with a little torque. It works. It helps. Personally the best 954s I have ever ridden, and they were putting down in the 140s, weighing just over 400, wouldn't head shake no matter how hard you pushed them. But they were flawlessly dialed in. I have also had cbrs that tried to kill me the instant you touched the throttle, or took your hands off the bars. I had one that would tank slap ONLY on flat land accelerating through the 70-90mph window. Talk about some bullshit. Full tank slappers. No fucking warning. Bikes are very individual. Take peoples advice with a grain of salt unless they have dealt with hundreds of the ones you are dealing with. Personally I wouldn't put a damper on something unless everything else was dialed in first.
This user High Fived tldave!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-29-2019, 12:10 PM   #20
tldave
CF Addict

also, that sub needs a little angle.

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes