Random thoughts... - Page 1407 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Off Topic > Open Discussion

Open Discussion Anything non-motorcycle related goes in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Random thoughts...

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-23-2019, 02:40 AM   #14061
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:26 PM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Random thoughts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcantar View Post
Turbo it yourself, ya weenie!
The stock rods have been proven to come apart over 100hp, so I'm assuming they are gonna address that if they do turbo it. I could most likely buy their properly tuned OEM bike cheaper than I could cobble together a kit, Carillo rods, dyno tuning,etc.

I'm lazy
shinyribs is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-23-2019, 03:00 AM   #14062
titan
hooligan quads

CF Addict
titan's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:26 PM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 14 Times in 2 Posts
titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyribs View Post
The stock rods have been proven to come apart over 100hp, so I'm assuming they are gonna address that if they do turbo it. I could most likely buy their properly tuned OEM bike cheaper than I could cobble together a kit, Carillo rods, dyno tuning,etc.

I'm lazy
A complete turbo kit for the FZ09 ( will most probably fit the XSR) is $6k(aus) but I don't think it needs that. What it does need is decent suspension set up front and rear thats around £1k, plus the front brakes need some work, lines £250 but really it bits more than braided lines up front. I'm sure I could make it the bike it should be but sometimes it easier to just go and buy that bike when I already have other projects going on. I can get a KTM SD for not much more on the trade in value of the XSR.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

ride it like you stole it

Customization not Restoration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.
2019 build off - build - chat
titan is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived titan!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-23-2019, 03:00 AM   #14063
Casper
The friendly Ghost.
Casper's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:26 PM
Flip Offs: 188
Flipped Off 34 Times in 28 Posts
Casper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympus

Had a chance to check out Mongoose's bike and shoot the shit for a while. Awesome guy.

The border agents were really worried that I was going to do undocumented work in Canadia, the worst border crossings yet with 5 minutes of grilling of the same fucking questions over and over. My favorite "That's a lot of gear for a 4 day trip, it's not even snowing and the roads aren't muddy." Was that a question, am I supposed to answer that somehow?
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Casper!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-23-2019, 03:10 AM   #14064
Casper
The friendly Ghost.
Casper's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 188
Flipped Off 34 Times in 28 Posts
Casper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympus

Some fun photos, wandering logging roads is definitely going into my list of past times.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0661.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	1.29 MB
ID:	104714   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0658.jpg
Size:	2.09 MB
ID:	104716   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0656.jpg
Size:	577.5 KB
ID:	104718   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0689.jpg
Size:	830.1 KB
ID:	104720   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0709.jpg
Size:	759.5 KB
ID:	104722  

Casper is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Casper!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-23-2019, 08:31 AM   #14065
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:26 PM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by titan View Post
A complete turbo kit for the FZ09 ( will most probably fit the XSR) is $6k(aus) but I don't think it needs that. What it does need is decent suspension set up front and rear thats around £1k, plus the front brakes need some work, lines £250 but really it bits more than braided lines up front. I'm sure I could make it the bike it should be but sometimes it easier to just go and buy that bike when I already have other projects going on. I can get a KTM SD for not much more on the trade in value of the XSR.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk
Brakes and suspension can always be fiddled with. The engine and chassis character is what makes or breaks a bike IMO. If you don't really enjoy that aspect of a bike I don't think you ever will. So, you are thinking of picking up a Super Duke? Hell yeah!
shinyribs is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-23-2019, 10:24 AM   #14066
Mattson
Stressed Member
Mattson's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:26 AM
Flip Offs: 24
Flipped Off 33 Times in 21 Posts
Mattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month 

Any thoughts on Opel Antara? Never seen one but seems to fit the bill quite well being a seven seater awd automatic. AFAIK it was sold in the States as Saturn Vue.

Edit: seems to be a 5 seater, the seven is chevy captiva.
Mattson is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-23-2019, 11:53 AM   #14067
Mongoose
GURU

CF Addict
Mongoose's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 8 Times in 8 Posts
Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 

Likewise man.. Always good to meet up with people.

And yeah, the gestapo border people here are no joke.. Which is weird as you can just walk across the border anywhere but the actual crossing lol
Mongoose is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Mongoose!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-23-2019, 02:05 PM   #14068
rex_saugerty
V four honda whore
rex_saugerty's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 39 Times in 38 Posts
rex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattson View Post
Any thoughts on Opel Antara? Never seen one but seems to fit the bill quite well being a seven seater awd automatic. AFAIK it was sold in the States as Saturn Vue.

Edit: seems to be a 5 seater, the seven is chevy captiva.
it' s korean and has weird battery

1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0
rex_saugerty is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-23-2019, 02:33 PM   #14069
Mattson
Stressed Member
Mattson's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 24
Flipped Off 33 Times in 21 Posts
Mattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month 

What isn't nowadays...

Benelli Tornado TRE Novecento 2006
EX: Triumph Daytona 955i DSSA 2002 Fighter
My homebrew blog thread thingy: Oddball Brewery
Mattson is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Mattson!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-23-2019, 09:49 PM   #14070
Mongoose
GURU

CF Addict
Mongoose's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 8 Times in 8 Posts
Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 

shes in, fuckin' tucked in there, and works well.. thanks again to @Zweihammer for the set up
Mongoose is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Mongoose!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Off Topic > Open Discussion