Random thoughts... - Page 1450 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Off Topic > Open Discussion

Open Discussion Anything non-motorcycle related goes in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Random thoughts...

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-22-2019, 08:20 PM   #14491
mcantar
Fuck it, let's do it live

CF Pimp
mcantar's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:08 PM
Flip Offs: 44
Flipped Off 21 Times in 20 Posts
mcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympus
Default Re: Random thoughts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyribs View Post
I thought the FZ09 sucked too. The FJ09 might make an awesome daily, though. The 09 engine is fun but the FZ just handled too goofy for me.

Brand loyalty or brand hate- I don't get in to. Get what you like. It's your money. If your love your Ducs, get another Duc. But it sounds like the Ducs aren't making you all that happy on a daily basis. There's tons of options out there. Sounds like your want some less high strung, but you don't want to compromise fun or looks- and nothing you see is tripping your trigger? Sounds like you're gonna have to build what you want
Pretty spot on for the most part

It's not so much that the Duc's aren't doing it for me... just, the Hyper's tires are too soft for commuting but are too good in the canyons to go with something else, so that's out of the running. The other Hyper, if I commandeer it the wife will be pissed and that isn't worth the headache, and worse she'll probably take my good Hyper for a spin and I don't trust her not to trash it.
The Pani is just... it gets places just fine, but there's no storage space and I've realized that won't do for a commuter bike. The tail bag isn't big enough, a bigger tail bag looks goofy, I'm not comfortable with backpacks in the event of a crash, a tank bag would need some weird strapping setup and then would be difficult to bring with me when I get off the bike... doesn't seem like there's a good option. There's a company that makes semi-hard panniers for it, but they're like $500 and then I'd have to live with a Pani with panniers lol.

Totally happy to have a high strung machine. Just needs more utility to it.

There's a 2016 Hyper 939 SP on CoPart right now that looks to be in acceptable shape. It's out in South Carolina, but there's solutions for that. Currently sitting at $1100 but hasn't gone to auction yet.

Hypermotard 1100S the weight-shavening.
Bandit 1200 cafe/fighter that will never get finished at this rate.
Turbo Busa v2 2017 Buildoff.
Turbo Busa V1.2 2016 Buildoff.
Turbo Busa v1.1
919 Hornet build'n'flip, lotsa electrical diagnostic info in there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poopie View Post
Everything should be turbo'd, and what the fuck is a budget?
mcantar is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived mcantar!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-22-2019, 09:02 PM   #14492
Mongoose
GURU

CF Addict
Mongoose's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:08 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 8 Times in 8 Posts
Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 

for 20 miles.. up to my brothers house.. people always laugh when i tell em clutchless riding is worth it's weight for one reason or another..

Mongoose is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Mongoose!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-23-2019, 02:56 AM   #14493
Casper
The friendly Ghost.
Casper's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 188
Flipped Off 34 Times in 28 Posts
Casper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympus

If you daily ride the motorcycle for two months, people start to ask if you even own a car... why?
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Casper!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-23-2019, 05:13 AM   #14494
rex_saugerty
V four honda whore
rex_saugerty's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:08 AM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 39 Times in 38 Posts
rex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

they dont understand the bikes

1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0
rex_saugerty is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-23-2019, 10:58 AM   #14495
Casper
The friendly Ghost.
Casper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympus

They never will.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-23-2019, 11:16 AM   #14496
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:08 PM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

If I'm not in the work truck I am on a bike. My personal pickup moves so little I'm running farm use tags on it now. It's a 15 gallon tank that I fill up about once a year. Maybe more if the winter is bad and I have to drive the truck a lot. A couple years ago an Indian family bought the gas station in my small town. I never fuel up the work truck there because it doesn't fit in their small parking lot. I talk to the guys who run the store once or twice a week and they've only ever seen me on one of the bikes. One day last summer I stopped there to fill up my pickup and they guy started joking with me. "You finally bought a car? It's not a very pretty one." He's not wrong.

In a year, I burn about 3x more gas in my lawn mower than in my pickup!
shinyribs is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived shinyribs!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-23-2019, 11:28 AM   #14497
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:08 PM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcantar View Post
Pretty spot on for the most part

It's not so much that the Duc's aren't doing it for me... just, the Hyper's tires are too soft for commuting but are too good in the canyons to go with something else, so that's out of the running. The other Hyper, if I commandeer it the wife will be pissed and that isn't worth the headache, and worse she'll probably take my good Hyper for a spin and I don't trust her not to trash it.
The Pani is just... it gets places just fine, but there's no storage space and I've realized that won't do for a commuter bike. The tail bag isn't big enough, a bigger tail bag looks goofy, I'm not comfortable with backpacks in the event of a crash, a tank bag would need some weird strapping setup and then would be difficult to bring with me when I get off the bike... doesn't seem like there's a good option. There's a company that makes semi-hard panniers for it, but they're like $500 and then I'd have to live with a Pani with panniers lol.

Totally happy to have a high strung machine. Just needs more utility to it.

There's a 2016 Hyper 939 SP on CoPart right now that looks to be in acceptable shape. It's out in South Carolina, but there's solutions for that. Currently sitting at $1100 but hasn't gone to auction yet.
Amorti once said "motorcycle luggage makes a toy useful". I rig up some sort of removable luggage on all my stuff. I absolutely can't stand the idea of having to drive a cage just to fetch a gallon of milk or something. Yeah, it sucks looking at your sexy beast when she's wearing bags, but it's worth it. It is nice when you can peel the luggage off for day of joyriding and see the bare bike.

It's spendy, but there's lot of removable options out there that leave little to no traces of luggage mounts when stripped down. Maybe just look that direction since you are otherwise happy with your bikes.

And yeah, fuck backpacks. I use a small pack on the dirtbike when I'm riding away from home. Water bladder, snacks and some first aid stuff. Especially if I'm riding somewhere to go hiking, but otherwise they suck. And you mentioned crashing with back pack.....I can't believe how many guys carry tools in their back packs. Great idea...sending a tire spoon through your spine on a simple drop

I hope more bikes will follow the Honda's lead on the NC700 bikes, with the rear fuel tank and the huge storage compartment under the "tank". Those bikes have no performance value at all, but that arrangement in a sport bike would cure a lot of these luggage vs looks issues.
shinyribs is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived shinyribs!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-23-2019, 02:53 PM   #14498
rex_saugerty
V four honda whore
rex_saugerty's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:08 AM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 39 Times in 38 Posts
rex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

I have kids, so i get to use car quite often. Id rather not

1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0
rex_saugerty is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-23-2019, 10:21 PM   #14499
Mongoose
GURU

CF Addict
Mongoose's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 8 Times in 8 Posts
Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
If you daily ride the motorcycle for two months, people start to ask if you even own a car... why?
its the pnw... 2 months of riding weather at a time is hard to come by.
Mongoose is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-23-2019, 11:22 PM   #14500
Casper
The friendly Ghost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post
its the pnw... 2 months of riding weather at a time is hard to come by.
But, you get to ride through silly little wet spells too.

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Off Topic > Open Discussion