Random thoughts... - Page 1455 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Off Topic > Open Discussion

Open Discussion Anything non-motorcycle related goes in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Random thoughts...

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-31-2019, 04:30 PM   #14541
yantosh

yantosh's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:08 AM
Flip Offs: 13
Flipped Off 18 Times in 16 Posts
yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Random thoughts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattson View Post
Ha! If I end up with a duke should I then paint the frame red

Riddle me this... Everyone's owned a duke. Everyone loved their dukes. No one has a duke now. What gives?
I had no garage, I live in a government housing scheme, they look like dirt bikes... too many theiving little scrotes , they tried to steal it a few times

in a better neighbourhood I would 100% have another
yantosh is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-31-2019, 04:34 PM   #14542
Mattson
Stressed Member
Mattson's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:08 AM
Flip Offs: 24
Flipped Off 33 Times in 21 Posts
Mattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month 

What the hell is it about ktm:s that seems to yell steal me... I live in a "good" neighbourhood and have a lockable garage right downstairs otherwise I wouldn't even consider one.

Benelli Tornado TRE Novecento 2006
EX: Triumph Daytona 955i DSSA 2002 Fighter
My homebrew blog thread thingy: Oddball Brewery
Mattson is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-31-2019, 05:04 PM   #14543
Junkie
re-tarded
CF Addict
Junkie's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:08 PM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Junkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to all
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
What the hell is it about ktm:s that seems to yell steal me... I live in a "good" neighbourhood and have a lockable garage right downstairs otherwise I wouldn't even consider one.
on the 3 KTM manufactured thumpers I've had (625SMC, FE570S, FS570) you could unplug the (2 wire) ignition switch with no tools required. Not sure if you need a resistor in order to make it run.

Only one of them had a steering lock, and it was on the frame and therefore somewhat awkward to use. The other two don't. None of them had locking gas caps either.

These are all factory street legal bikes, too.

A steering damper dampens steering oscillations. If it starts to leak, it may become a steering dampener. There's no such thing as a dampner.

Bikes: naked SV1000 with all the possible bling, WR450SM street legal, 450XCF SM trackbike
Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-31-2019, 05:53 PM   #14544
beezwiz
GURU
CF Addict
beezwiz's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:08 PM
Flip Offs: 5
Flipped Off 14 Times in 8 Posts
beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

On a bike like a KTM... If I was the thieving kind, why would I bother with the ignition when 2 guys could lift the bike into a van & figure out what's wrong with the bike over beers in their own garage? Just sayin!

Fuck all that... we gotta get on with this!
beezwiz is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-01-2019, 01:17 AM   #14545
Racing Geek
lb/hp is what it's about!
Racing Geek's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:08 PM
Flip Offs: 168
Flipped Off 83 Times in 73 Posts
Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Scavenger Hunt 

Quote:
Ha! If I end up with a duke should I then paint the frame red

Riddle me this... Everyone's owned a duke. Everyone loved their dukes. No one has a duke now. What gives?
I had older KTM enduros (mid to late 90's) and parts availability became an issue so I sold them. I'm talking basic things like fork bushings to do a simple rebuild. I had my 2000 or 2001 Duke 2 which was awesome until it started having electrical issues. Electric start would only sometimes work but I never had an issue kick starting it despite pretty much everyone else failing miserably at it. Then it started blowing fuses which killed spark so I always carried a bulk bag of fuses in my jacket pocket since I couldn't trace the issue. Ultimately I can't stand electrical gremlins and often get rid of bikes shortly after I run into those kinds of issues. I held on to the Duke and carried those fuses for a season before finally calling it quits and getting a different bike. I liked my DRZ more. Not as much power but better in every other way.
Racing Geek is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-01-2019, 01:30 AM   #14546
Mattson
Stressed Member
Mattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month 

Eep. I do hope they've improved the reliability on the 3 (or four if I can scrape up enough) Parts availability shouldn't be an issue, in fact I got a ktm dedicated store a few towns over to get the tricky ones.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-01-2019, 03:46 AM   #14547
rex_saugerty
V four honda whore
rex_saugerty's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flipped Off 39 Times in 38 Posts
rex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

So are we talking streetfighter!?

1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0
rex_saugerty is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-01-2019, 05:02 AM   #14548
Mattson
Stressed Member
Fighter of the Month 

We'll see... Not a whole helluva lot I'm allowed to do to a bike newer than 2006.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-01-2019, 07:26 AM   #14549
yantosh

yantosh's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:08 AM
Flip Offs: 13
Flipped Off 18 Times in 16 Posts
yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

my duke had no electric start, you get good at kicking it
yantosh is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-01-2019, 09:57 AM   #14550
Junkie
re-tarded
CF Addict
Junkie's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:08 PM
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Junkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to all
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racing Geek View Post
I had older KTM enduros (mid to late 90's) and parts availability became an issue so I sold them. I'm talking basic things like fork bushings to do a simple rebuild. I had my 2000 or 2001 Duke 2 which was awesome until it started having electrical issues. Electric start would only sometimes work but I never had an issue kick starting it despite pretty much everyone else failing miserably at it. Then it started blowing fuses which killed spark so I always carried a bulk bag of fuses in my jacket pocket since I couldn't trace the issue. Ultimately I can't stand electrical gremlins and often get rid of bikes shortly after I run into those kinds of issues. I held on to the Duke and carried those fuses for a season before finally calling it quits and getting a different bike. I liked my DRZ more. Not as much power but better in every other way.
yeah, my 04 625SMC had it's fair share of problems too

the tail light bulb wouldn't stay alive for more than 15 miles so I replaced it with an LED (which did well)

the headlight switch melted itself

the base gasket started leaking

this was in 08/09 so it wasn't exactly an old bike at the time

A steering damper dampens steering oscillations. If it starts to leak, it may become a steering dampener. There's no such thing as a dampner.

Bikes: naked SV1000 with all the possible bling, WR450SM street legal, 450XCF SM trackbike
Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Off Topic > Open Discussion