Shiny's adventure with dirtbikes - Page 10 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Dirty Tards & Minis

Dirty Tards & Minis Everything about dirtbikes, motards and minis goes in here!

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Shiny's adventure with dirtbikes

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-31-2017, 08:24 AM   #91
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:42 AM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: XR400R

I can't deny that the bushings in the AllBalls kit looked a little cheesy. Very light in your hands. Just don't seem to have the same substance as the stockers.

Oem Honda is just damn hard to beat IMO.
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-31-2017, 06:34 PM   #92
F'dup
Hack in a barn

CF Pimp
F'dup's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 35
Flipped Off 9 Times in 9 Posts
F'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyribs View Post
I went ahead and used my access code to see what they're recommended setup is, and they are specifying more turns out on my rebound clicker than is available. Needless to say, I'm not blown away by RaceTech at the moment. Looking forward to another round of contradictory emails to come. ...
F-that emailing them crap, give them a call...

2017 build off sv650 build thread <---Click here

SV650 b.s.'n and post build off progress on the bike thread thread <---Click here

DR650 supermoto build <--click

2000 R6 build <--click

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS_Raz View Post
A bit of vaseline should lube your bush up real nice though. Just make sure that your shaft is a good fit.
F'dup is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-31-2017, 07:42 PM   #93
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by F'dup View Post
F-that emailing them crap, give them a call...
I'm East Coast, so they're still asleep when I'm going to work. They didn't answer the email, so I called them this afternoon. After getting juggled to three different people, I was finally told to just wait for a call. Fuck waiting around, I went for a ride. Came back to a voicemail with a part number and a price to order the jet..... fuckers.

I damn sure hope they're better at tuning suspension than they are running a business....

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-31-2017, 08:35 PM   #94
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
Fighter of the Month 

Called back. Yep. They will send me a jet if I buy one. Not happening.

We had a little chat about how business works. I'm not rude on the phone to people. I know he's just doing his job, and I'm not coming down on him personally. I made that known. We chatted a little more and he thanked me for being mannerly ( his words).

He's sending me two in case I ever need a spare. For free. Fun times with Race Tech.
This user High Fived shinyribs!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-01-2017, 07:10 AM   #95
F'dup
Hack in a barn

CF Pimp
F'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month 

What about the rebound adjuster issue?

SV650 b.s.'n and post build off progress on the bike thread thread <---Click here

2000 R6 build <--click

Quote:
A bit of vaseline should lube your bush up real nice though. Just make sure that your shaft is a good fit.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-01-2017, 08:38 AM   #96
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
Fighter of the Month 

I was told to call them back and ask for another guy to discuss that with, but I decided to not fool with it. I'll just wing that part.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-01-2017, 01:16 PM   #97
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
Fighter of the Month 

Just got an email from Racetech. Turns out, the jets they use are just blank Mikuni main jets. That's cool and all, except for the one guy on the phone yesterday who told me they were phasing out the pistons with the removable jets and, as such, they won't be making anymore jets. You see, that's the same conversation where the guy called my kit outdated and says jets weren't available due to that. No more jets available or going to be produced, he said, yet he still wanted to sell me one? Confusing. Now another guy emails me to inform me they never made jets in the first place, they're just reselling Mikuni mains.

It's little things ( lies) like this that stack up and leave a bad taste in your mouth. I've left most of the conversations out due to not wanting to bellyache here, but I was told that anything not ordered directly from them won't be covered under any type of warranty or guarantee. I wanted to ask why supply parts to private vendors in the first place, but didn't want to give the a hard time.

Sorry for all the rambling about this. Long story, short: if I decide I need suspension work in the future, it won't have anything to do with Gold Valves, that's for sure.

If you want a gv, make sure to order it straight from they're site. Because if you buy from a vendor and try to save $50+ you'll just get fucked later down the road.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-01-2017, 03:38 PM   #98
titan
hooligan quads

CF Addict
titan's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:42 AM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 14 Times in 2 Posts
titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyribs View Post
Just got an email from Racetech. Turns out, the jets they use are just blank Mikuni main jets. That's cool and all, except for the one guy on the phone yesterday who told me they were phasing out the pistons with the removable jets and, as such, they won't be making anymore jets. You see, that's the same conversation where the guy called my kit outdated and says jets weren't available due to that. No more jets available or going to be produced, he said, yet he still wanted to sell me one? Confusing. Now another guy emails me to inform me they never made jets in the first place, they're just reselling Mikuni mains.

It's little things ( lies) like this that stack up and leave a bad taste in your mouth. I've left most of the conversations out due to not wanting to bellyache here, but I was told that anything not ordered directly from them won't be covered under any type of warranty or guarantee. I wanted to ask why supply parts to private vendors in the first place, but didn't want to give the a hard time.

Sorry for all the rambling about this. Long story, short: if I decide I need suspension work in the future, it won't have anything to do with Gold Valves, that's for sure.

If you want a gv, make sure to order it straight from they're site. Because if you buy from a vendor and try to save $50+ you'll just get fucked later down the road.
had a similar issue with knox gloves. cause i brought them from a third party they wouldn't repair them under warranty had to send them back to the shop to send them back only issue was i brought them off ebay (from a genuine vender) but they didn't want to know.

ride it like you stole it

Customization not Restoration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.
2019 build off - build - chat
titan is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-02-2017, 06:02 PM   #99
F'dup
Hack in a barn

CF Pimp
Fighter of the Month 

Dude, not trying to be Mr. Race tech leg humper here. And I feel your pain of having a bike down and nothing you can do.

But. If you go to home depot and buy a lock off their shelf and it's missing parts in the package, you don't call the lock's manufacturer for the parts. You go right back to home depot and return the lock.

Why would it be any different from that with race tech. You're grief is with the vendor who you bought the kit from . They are the ones who should have to make the situation right.

2000 R6 build <--click

Quote:
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-02-2017, 07:29 PM   #100
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
Fighter of the Month 

Big box stores are a different story, but I know what you're saying.

I paid the vendor $90. I'm sure that was less than what he paid for the kit when it was current. He's already losing money, I'm not fucking with him over a missing part that wasn't his fault in the first place. He doesn't need the headache, and I can handle the situation without someone else holding my hand. He washed his hands of that old stock when he sold it to me cheap, it's no longer his baby, in my eyes. That would be like the guy on Craigslist that buys your used car and then texts you when it breaks down a week later. It's no longer your concern.

It was an unfortunate series of very minor issues amplified by RTs weird, conflicting, ever changing list of stories. But it's all settled now.

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Dirty Tards & Minis