Shiny's adventure with dirtbikes - Page 5 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Dirty Tards & Minis

Dirty Tards & Minis Everything about dirtbikes, motards and minis goes in here!

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Shiny's adventure with dirtbikes

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-28-2017, 04:31 PM   #41
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:13 AM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: XR400R

Accidentally bought two headlights because I bid on shit and then forget about it. Now I've got both on hand and can't decide which to use. The one on the right is definitely a little more modern looking, but the stone guard on the other is a cool feature.

shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived shinyribs!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-28-2017, 04:53 PM   #42
F'dup
Hack in a barn

CF Pimp
F'dup's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 35
Flipped Off 9 Times in 9 Posts
F'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month 

Dude... That acerbis is pure retro bad ass!

I hate to see it get fucked up on a dirt bike, but I couldn't not use it.

Are they both just a 35w almost better than candle power bulb?

Looks like the other has a shallower mounting depth too...

2017 build off sv650 build thread <---Click here

SV650 b.s.'n and post build off progress on the bike thread thread <---Click here

DR650 supermoto build <--click

2000 R6 build <--click

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS_Raz View Post
A bit of vaseline should lube your bush up real nice though. Just make sure that your shaft is a good fit.
F'dup is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived F'dup!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-28-2017, 08:40 PM   #43
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

Man, I had the same worries about it getting tore up. Then I mounted it and fell in love with it. Fuck it. I hope I don't crush it, but I'm running it. I'm tired of playing it safe with old shit and preserving it for the next guy to enjoy. I can't find anything about it on Google. If it's super rare maybe I shouldn't risk it, but I doubt that's the case.

And yeah, they're both 35w, which is all my stator can feed anyway. But they're H3 and glass lens', so I can put a decent bulb in when I rewind the stator for more oomph.

The little Acerbis emblem is removable so my oil cooler ( it's wrapped around the lower edge of the neck) gets plenty of air. They other hung down too low.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-28-2017, 10:01 PM   #44
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
Fighter of the Month 

Bad picture, but a perfect shade of red on the stone guard. Nice job, Acerbis.

I don't remember shearing knobs off this bad years ago. I dunno if new compounds are junk or what.

These people High Fived shinyribs!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-29-2017, 12:58 AM   #45
MikeGyver
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
MikeGyver's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:13 AM
Flip Offs: 309
Flipped Off 170 Times in 147 Posts
MikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too much
Default Medal Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyribs View Post

'98 Ducati 916
'00 Ducati 996
'03 SV650(sold)

Skully Stickers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danbuc View Post
yell, "Built not bought mother fucker!" in there face and then spit on their bike and walk off.
MikeGyver is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived MikeGyver!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-29-2017, 08:12 AM   #46
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
Fighter of the Month 

Thems some kickass sunglasses. I need to get pair for when I go riding.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-30-2017, 08:29 AM   #47
F'dup
Hack in a barn

CF Pimp
F'dup's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 35
Flipped Off 9 Times in 9 Posts
F'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month 

Hey, wanted to mention checking into led h3 bulbs for the light.

These things are cheap and produce a damn bright light.

Something like this. http://www.ebay.com/itm/6000K-High-P...5YxmvQ&vxp=mtr

I got an h4 led bulb in the DR and love it...

2017 build off sv650 build thread <---Click here

SV650 b.s.'n and post build off progress on the bike thread thread <---Click here

DR650 supermoto build <--click

2000 R6 build <--click

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS_Raz View Post
A bit of vaseline should lube your bush up real nice though. Just make sure that your shaft is a good fit.
F'dup is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived F'dup!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-30-2017, 09:05 AM   #48
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
Fighter of the Month 

The stator on these bikes produces AC ( normal) but there is no rectifier, so not LED friendly.

The bike puts out 55w and the voltage regulator is good for 75w. I don't care about turn signals, and if I convert to DC then I need to carry a battery, or at least a capacitor. Both of which I'd rather not have to fool with/ find a place to mount.

There's enough poles on the stator frame that I can rewind to produce 200w, I just have to get a stronger regulator to handle it ( supposedly?). 200w would run a good H4 easily, a tail/stop light and even heated gear if needed. Honestly, I'm not really seeing any upsides to converting to DC. If I needed a battery for an electric starter, sure, but I enjoy the idea of not needing a battery. I know the lights will go dim at idle, but I don't really see where that's an issue.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-01-2017, 10:00 AM   #49
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
Fighter of the Month 

It's a small world. A buddy of mine and his brother/nephew that I ride with fairly often live about an hour away ( everything's an hour away out here). He calls me and says he met a guy out my way that has property to ride on. We get out there and I get to talking with the landowner. He used to date my cousin, I used to run around with his brother, who is now working for The Weather Channel flying helicopters and is stationed in Anchorage with the Coast Guard ( don't ask, I don't know). Dude was the biggest clown you ever met, so it's really cool to see him do so well for himself now. The two buddies of the landowner that came out to ride were both people I've done work for in the past. You never know who lives around the corner ( about 10min away). Starting to seem like there are a lot more guys riding dirt around than I thought. People are just very private and don't strangers trespassing, so it's hard to get invites for stuff like this. Looking forward to everyone piling in at my place and help me beat some of my own trails down Anyway...rambling...

After some talks with those guys and feeling how their bikes do in the ruts, I wen't home and hit up the ebay.

Ebay image, not my bike ^^^ Scotts damper, top yoke, fat bar mount and all associated bracketry. Looks like new, but the price wasn't I'm getting to the point where I need adult supervision when I'm online...looking at hydro clutches already
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-01-2017, 12:43 PM   #50
MikeGyver
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
MikeGyver's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:13 AM
Flip Offs: 309
Flipped Off 170 Times in 147 Posts
MikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too much
Default Medal Fighter of the Month 

Nice!

You're right, small world.

'98 Ducati 916
'00 Ducati 996
'03 SV650(sold)

Skully Stickers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danbuc View Post
yell, "Built not bought mother fucker!" in there face and then spit on their bike and walk off.
MikeGyver is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Dirty Tards & Minis