Shiny's adventure with dirtbikes - Page 8 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Dirty Tards & Minis

Dirty Tards & Minis Everything about dirtbikes, motards and minis goes in here!

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Shiny's adventure with dirtbikes

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-09-2017, 12:27 AM   #71
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:58 AM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: XR400R

In that case.

Because it's fucking awesome to be road legal ( eventually) on a bike that can go anywhere ( fuck curbs), never needs a battery or keys, can crawl at walking speed or cruise at 70, doesn't carry water and weighs the same as I do once geared up.

But I reckon this isn't the forum for that. Which is cool. I wouldn't pout if it was removed.
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived shinyribs!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-09-2017, 07:18 AM   #72
CK 187
CAPTAIN AWESOMEŽ

CK 187's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 631
Flipped Off 470 Times in 171 Posts
CK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too much
Default Medal Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyribs View Post
But I reckon this isn't the forum for that. Which is cool. I wouldn't pout if it was removed.

This forum is for whatever the fuck we want. We don't talk shit, we do shit

CK 187 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived CK 187!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-17-2017, 11:14 PM   #73
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK 187 View Post
This forum is for whatever the fuck we want. We don't talk shit, we do shit

On that note.. ... I'll be squeezing some random XL500S updates in this thread then.

Scored a set of headpipes off a early XR500R. The S model ( street legal ) used dual wallpipes for sound reduction. The R pipes are waaay lighter. I don't know who chromed these things ( Honda never did), but I think it'll look good on this bike.

I pulled the engine this afternoon to reseal it. Gasket set and a few carb parts on the way. The frame will get repainted in the meantime.

New front end to come, and some modifications to do out back Probably gonna extend the swinger an inch or two. It's a pretty short wheelbase for a bike destined for 60+mph. Zero plans to change the current aesthetics of the bike, though.

Pic of the bike for anyone that hasn't seen it.

Gonna try to keep the rack, but need to clean up that rear light somehow.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-25-2017, 09:16 PM   #74
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
Fighter of the Month 

Decided to give the German style a try. Meh...think I'll spend the $25 for a new fender...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170820_190617969.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	1.68 MB
ID:	97090  
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-25-2017, 10:25 PM   #75
MikeGyver
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
MikeGyver's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:58 AM
Flip Offs: 309
Flipped Off 170 Times in 147 Posts
MikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too much
Default Medal Fighter of the Month 

LMFAO! Did you 12 o'clock it?

'98 Ducati 916
'00 Ducati 996
'03 SV650(sold)

Skully Stickers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danbuc View Post
yell, "Built not bought mother fucker!" in there face and then spit on their bike and walk off.
MikeGyver is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-25-2017, 11:05 PM   #76
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
Fighter of the Month 

Playing around on a new hillclimb I haven't got up yet. After many failed attempts I was getting tired. Bike chasing you back down the hill and all. The last attempt wasn't going well, and I was getting tired, so I just ghosted it over the top. Pin it, jump off the pegs and let her soar

Totally worth it.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-24-2017, 10:08 PM   #77
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
Fighter of the Month 

These forks desperately needed fork bushings. So I ordered everything to rebuild the forks and a new seal head for the rear shock. The rear shock on these bikes are notorious for poor rebound control. Sharp edge hits ( read: every damn log you jump) wants to buck you off. I'm positive the rear shock has never been opened. It smelled absolutely rancid in there. Had everything fully cleaned up and ready to reassemble....then decided to buy a Gold Valve for the rear shock Things will be on hold while that arrives, but I think it will be worth it.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-24-2017, 10:38 PM   #78
Racing Geek
lb/hp is what it's about!
Racing Geek's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:58 AM
Flip Offs: 168
Flipped Off 83 Times in 73 Posts
Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Scavenger Hunt 

Keep us/me posted on the shock. My XR250 isn't terrible but it could use some love. Know of any common shock swaps for these?
Racing Geek is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-24-2017, 11:25 PM   #79
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
Fighter of the Month 

I'm sure you probably know, but there's tons of DIY stuff on XR 250 and 400 suspension on Thumpertalk. If you can stand to sift through it all, there may be a compatible swap, but I don't know of any.

I don't know about the 250, but the 400 has a pretty decent fork for enduro/trail riding, but it's not much for jumping. I found some info online about playing with the stock shims on the compression valves in the forks and it made a HUGE difference in the plushness IMO. Does the 250 shock have rebound issues, too?
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-25-2017, 03:28 AM   #80
Cookie2000ad
Persuasion Engineered
Cookie2000ad's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:58 AM
Flip Offs: 166
Flipped Off 59 Times in 27 Posts
Cookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CK
Default Medal Burnout Contest Winner Fighter of the Month 

Dude, you take part rear shocks more regularly than I actually set foot in the garage these days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyribs View Post
Playing around on a new hillclimb I haven't got up yet. After many failed attempts I was getting tired. Bike chasing you back down the hill and all. The last attempt wasn't going well, and I was getting tired, so I just ghosted it over the top. Pin it, jump off the pegs and let her soar

Totally worth it.
Wish I could bring the CRF over to your pad and have you take me round some of your local trails.
Cookie2000ad is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Cookie2000ad!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Dirty Tards & Minis